UUNP Pros and Cons? Not Looking for Arguments

phantomfox

I've always been a CBBE user, never once tried another body mod, but I've been reading that UUNP has some better qualities. My questions are:

• Is UUNP compatible with physics mods?
  • Is there a lot of armor support for the mod?
  • Are there any animations mods that favor one or the other that make things like sexlab better?
  • How much support does it have for the extension mods such as Futanari mods?
  • Which has more body textures?
  • And in general, which is less buggy?

I'm not looking for a "this is better because these mods are prettier". I'd just like facts on what each body mod has to benefit it. I know both have bodyslide support, which was the original CBBE draw.

Also- should I go for UUNP, how exactly would I install that?

Is UUNP compatible with physics mods?

• Is UUNP compatible with physics mods? yes
  • Is there a lot of armor support for the mod? yes a lot
  • Are there any animations mods that favor one or the other that make things like sexlab better? some anims are made to work with specific body types anyways, you will get clipping no matter what
  • How much support does it have for the extension mods such as Futanari mods? yes
  • Which has more body textures? usually both have the same texture packs
  • And in general, which is less buggy? unp bodies tend to have shitty armpits, weird ass thigh-bending

also

unp = thighs, hips & fake breasts

cbbe = whales & fat

A few answers for you:

• Is UUNP compatible with physics mods?
    Yes.

• Is there a lot of armor support for the mod?
    Yes, arguably more than CBBE.  Certainly, a lot of the more recent releases have favored UUNP over CBBE.

• Are there any animations mods that favor one or the other that make things like sexlab better?
    Animations don't care what body type you use.  Most of them tend to favor unrealistically large breasts, though.  You'll find anything even approaching a normal body proportion will suffer quite a bit from hover-hand syndrome.

• How much support does it have for the extension mods such as Futanari mods?
    I have no idea.  I have exactly ZERO interest in dick girls.

• Which has more body textures?
    Also no idea on this one.  I use the most recent body texture from the original Dimonized UNP body.

• And in general, which is less buggy?
    Neither really has bugs.  I can tell you that, at ridiculous proportions, UUNP tends to scale a little better because it's a higher-poly body model.

Hope that helps.

At this stage in the life cycle of the body mods, the difference is almost entirely personal taste. Bodyslide is a fairly potent conversion tool if you're willing to accept mediocrity (not a knock on Bodyslide, hand-crafted conversions are simply better than machine-generated ones), and pretty much everything physics-based that CBBE enjoys, UUNP does as well.

I use UUNP and find the selection of armor and conversions thereof to be acceptable.  Some are better quality than others but basically everything I wanted had a conversion, so I made the plunge and haven't looked back.

If you're happy with CBBE then there's no real reason to consider a change unless you just like UNP's texture options better and don't mind uprooting your entire body mod setup just to get that.

IIRC UUNP is higher poly, so it'll deform better at more extreme and diverse shapes than CBBE, but that info may be outdated.

UUNP's issue with deformations are actually much worse than cbbe despite having a larger poly/vertexcount, if that were somehow possible, and generic UN[X] don't have those same issues. BTNK took a lot of shortcuts in getting UUNP to be a thing owing to inexperience and cell has had exactly zero luck 'fixing' them, and frankly I'm sure he gave up rather a long time ago seeing as how absurdly hard he's trying to push CBBE as the defacto anything body for SSE and FO4 lately.

At this point either body will work for 'general' play and most of the best skin authors support both equally. Armor parity is not as 1:1 but unless someone is a fanboy/hater you can generally find someone else to convert their work to either bodytype.

IIRC UUNP is higher poly, so it'll deform better at more extreme and diverse shapes than CBBE, but that info may be outdated.

that info have always been bullshit

how the mesh move that's the weights

more verticles that just mean less blocky mesh

unp

170224101324372781.jpg

and it look the same on all bodies

170224101241324994.jpg

170224101309732159.jpg

17022410124856104.jpg

170224101201596203.jpg

170224101258189835.jpg

170224101315390400.jpg

170224101326576595.jpg

put unp weight on whatever you want, and it will move like unp

170224101134116069.jpg

it have to be similar to unp for the result to look right

170224101158222998.jpg

I've just went back to CBBE because i prefer the breasts (actually it's a clams of Skyrim body with CBBE textures from the All-in-one working vagina). Not sure, i'm a real noob in bodyslide, maybe it's possible to get similar results with UUNP, but i couldn't do it. Another thing i was missing with UUNP was the vanilla armor replacer for CBBE, so all NPCs are wearing more or less skimpy HDT armor. Couldn't find something equivalent for UNP. But for custom armors, there is no lack for both, and physics work fine for both too. 

Another thing i was missing with UUNP was the vanilla armor replacer for CBBE, so all NPCs are wearing more or less skimpy HDT armor. Couldn't find something equivalent for UNP.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69562/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75861/?

Just to name a couple.

Oh, i've googled only for replacer... but i admit, i didn't put that much effort into it since i came to the conclusion that i prefer CBBE anyways. Nevertheless, thanks for mentioning it, good to know. :)

I don't understand how someone can prefer CBBE when both UUNP and CBBE have the same base shape, and are on the same Bodyslide slider setup minus one or two misc sliders plus all the other imitation ones that UUNP has. Isn't UUNP strictly better? It just has more polies.

UVs are different and it might lock you out of some of the older textures before simultaneous UNP/CBBE support was a thing for new texture sets but that's pretty much it.

UUNP's issue with deformations are actually much worse than cbbe despite having a larger poly/vertexcount, if that were somehow possible, and generic UN[X] don't have those same issues. BTNK took a lot of shortcuts in getting UUNP to be a thing owing to inexperience and cell has had exactly zero luck 'fixing' them, and frankly I'm sure he gave up rather a long time ago seeing as how absurdly hard he's trying to push CBBE as the defacto anything body for SSE and FO4 lately.

At this point either body will work for 'general' play and most of the best skin authors support both equally. Armor parity is not as 1:1 but unless someone is a fanboy/hater you can generally find someone else to convert their work to either bodytype.

Ignoring the fact that you're passive aggressively not speaking the entire truth and that I've indeed improved a lot of UUNP's weighting issues (literally the only one left would be the butt crack), the CBBE for SSE is a new body with more vertices and sliders.

There's no need in having a UUNP in SSE with the new CBBE, as CBBE always had the better topology for a morphable body ((U)UNP isn't uniform enough), it was merely lacking detail.

UUNP is superior to most people in the original Skyrim, but a lot of mistakes were made when creating it.

We shouldn't have added every single body type ever to it, it has way too many sliders. Most of them are almost identical.

That's why I've chosen a new CBBE as the way to go for SSE, and I don't have the interest or time to support two bodies going forward.

I'm not going to get into a debate about how the bodies were made or poly counts or anything like that. I'll just mention that I was a CBBE user for years before I got my new PC last May. When I reinstalled Skyrim I decided to try out UUNP for shits and giggles. I wasn't disappointed but neither was I blown away. I DID have more bodyslide-HDT Physics outfits for CBBE but, at the same time, the trade off was a nicer high quality selection of skin textures for female characters. I don't know why, people who make skin textures just seem to favor UNP bodies. That being said, a lot of them make CBBE alternatives now, so it's only rare ones like SRG that don't.

Long story short, there wasn't a huge amount of difference. If someone told me I wasn't able to use UUNP anymore tomorrow I wouldn't cry that I needed to switch back to CBBE. They're both lovely bodies and you can make them (almost) however you like using Bodyslide. I'm very happy with my current UUNP bodies and, if you have the space and want to try something new for another MO Profile, knock yourself out and give it a shot. CAN you tell the difference? Absolutely. But don't expect to load them up and feel like you've died and gone to heaven because it's so much better. Anyone who tells you that is just a fanboy. My CBBE angels were gorgeous and so are my UUNP ones. 

Ignoring the fact that you're passive aggressively not speaking the entire truth and that I've indeed improved a lot of UUNP's weighting issues (literally the only one left would be the butt crack), the CBBE for SSE is a new body with more vertices and sliders.

There's no need in having a UUNP in SSE with the new CBBE, as CBBE always had the better topology for a morphable body ((U)UNP isn't uniform enough), it was merely lacking detail.

UUNP is superior to most people in the original Skyrim, but a lot of mistakes were made when creating it.

We shouldn't have added every single body type ever to it, it has way too many sliders. Most of them are almost identical.

That's why I've chosen a new CBBE as the way to go for SSE, and I don't have the interest or time to support two bodies going forward.

Any hostile inference is your own, and you haven't fixed all the deformation issues such as the daedric hip and shoulder twisting via your own word in past posts, if you call pointing out obvious issues 'passive aggressive behavior' that's entirely on you, as you yourself said you were tired of working on it, and said issues are still there. Those are facts, not opinions.  You chose your approach for a stated reason, I wasn't aware I was required to 100% agree with your decision in order to criticize the mod; last time I checked, I'm not.

And I don't.

I'm also not talking about 32's CBBE but SSE, and yes you are pushing it rather hard as the only game in town, whether you care to notice or not. Nif attribution aside, there's also nothing preventing you from using the new CBBE in 32 other than the work you would be putting in, and you said flat out you weren't were going to 'allow' it to be transferred to 32 yourself when the engine is perfectly capable of handling the amount of geometry present without issue.

Alright, thanks guys! Is there any specific way to install UUNP or do I just install any UNP body and then modify the weights in bodyslide?

I just switched to UUNP myself after using ADEC body and armors for years.  I used Leyenda All-In-One and it went rather smoothly.  The bonus is that I have a "working" vagina now.   Wait... that didn't come out right...  Leyenda AIO comes with the collision-enabled pussy, along with all of the HDT info needed to work including mesh replacers for male bodies and schlongs.  This post was also very useful:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/57861-new-to-uunp-need-armorclothing-replacer-suggestions/

This post also has a good list of armor conversions for UUNP bodyslide:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/57861-new-to-uunp-need-armorclothing-replacer-suggestions/

Any hostile inference is your own, and you haven't fixed all the deformation issues such as the daedric hip and shoulder twisting via your own word in past posts, if you call pointing out obvious issues 'passive aggressive behavior' that's entirely on you, as you yourself said you were tired of working on it, and said issues are still there. Those are facts, not opinions.  You chose your approach for a stated reason, I wasn't aware I was required to 100% agree with your decision in order to criticize the mod; last time I checked, I'm not.

And I don't.

I'm also not talking about 32's CBBE but SSE, and yes you are pushing it rather hard as the only game in town, whether you care to notice or not. Nif attribution aside, there's also nothing preventing you from using the new CBBE in 32 other than the work you would be putting in, and you said flat out you weren't were going to 'allow' it to be transferred to 32 yourself when the engine is perfectly capable of handling the amount of geometry present without issue.

Version 3.7.5

* Unified UNP: Fixed skin partition of HDT and Special body (arm deformation between weights). 

I'm pushing CBBE for SSE as the only game in town because it doesn't make sense to work on two bodies or port back to old games.

It would be completely stupid, outfits created for a new CBBE in the old Skyrim would need both a version compatible with the "new old CBBE" and the "new new CBBE".

And if it's not us that do it, it's gonna be nobody, since it's our mod that took tons of work and we want to keep control and ownership over it.

Alright, thanks guys! Is there any specific way to install UUNP or do I just install any UNP body and then modify the weights in bodyslide?

I just switched to UUNP myself after using ADEC body and armors for years.  I used Leyenda All-In-One and it went rather smoothly.  The bonus is that I have a "working" vagina now.   Wait... that didn't come out right...  Leyenda AIO comes with the collision-enabled pussy, along with all of the HDT info needed to work including mesh replacers for male bodies and schlongs.  This post was also very useful:

This post also has a good list of armor conversions for UUNP bodyslide:

Thanks! And guys, c'mon quit the arguing, I seriously said I didn't want any arguments.

*Stuff*

It would be completely stupid, outfits created for a new CBBE in the old Skyrim would need both a version compatible with the "new old CBBE" and the "new new CBBE".

And if it's not us that do it, it's gonna be nobody, since it's our mod that took tons of work and we want to keep control and ownership over it.

Oldrim is not dead. Somebody will make a conversion. But when/if SKSE Special edition becomes a thing, I might think differently. Maybe the best thing is to wait and see what happens?

*Stuff*

Oldrim is not dead. Somebody will make a conversion. But when/if SKSE Special edition becomes a thing, I might think differently. Maybe the best thing is to wait and see what happens?

He didn't say it was dead, and patently no they won't, not with the permission of the mod's creators anyway. 27x can be as salty as he likes about how major content producers choose to spend their time and effort, I doubt it will  make the prospect of doubling their workload any more attractive.

<snip>

Well since we're on the subject anyway...

ousnius, any chance of getting the UNP - Perky shape preset ported over to your new CBBE body (yes, obviously as a CBBE preset)?  I suck at sliders, and I haven't found anything even close.  I absolutely *ADORE* that body, and would be quite thrilled to find it in Fallout 4.    :cool:

*Stuff*

He didn't say it was dead, and patently no they won't, not with the permission of the mod's creators anyway. 27x can be as salty as he likes about how major content producers choose to spend their time and effort, I doubt it will  make the prospect of doubling their workload any more attractive.

Again any inference is your own, and seeing as I don't use UUNP for above outlined reasons, cell's decisions regarding it don't affect me at all.

But considering you made a post the other day that you don't a give a shit why people make mods or the aims and intentions that they have with them because all you care about is your own use and reception of those mods and used the words me and mine about fifteen times in two paragraphs, I do have to say anecdotally your lack of hypocrisy awareness is pretty amazing.

I personally lean slighlt towards cbbe due to its nice nipple lol But seriously, I use cbbe for vanilla npcs and like six uunp(7b) variants for custom npcs. It was kinda hard to create a hdt xml that can work for both universally, but it is well worth it.

Reviving this thread but I'm legit curious -- in what way does CBBE differ from UUNP other than UUNP having a higher mesh quality, no groin slider (due to the implementation of UUNP Special), and UUNP's many new imitation sliders?

post-196669-0-07410200-1488863762_thumb.jpg

Like, check it. Even with my garbage editing skills the base shape still comes out identical.

Is there something I'm missing? Weighting is definitely a thing, but if you compare basic UUNP and basic CBBE they're minimal, and for the famed buttcrack issue Bazinga got a fix going over at his thread.

UUNP was purposely molded into the CBBE shape for use in Bodyslide. The two are still different, the specifics of which I couldn't tell you since I'm no expert but can be plainly seen by the sliders not morphing the two bodies in the exact same ways.

Archived