Sims frozen after odd message appears?

Caefinn

Hello. I was using the wicked whims mod like usual today. Everything was going smoothly until a message appeared - "Tried to assign actor on actors reassigning and failed!"

I've never seen this message pop up before but thought nothing of it at first because usually the animations automatically reset themselves after an error. It took me a minute to realize that although the sims were still in the animation, they weren't changing like usual. I manually stop the animation myself, but they continued to be stuck in the animation until I force them to move to a spot on the floor.

After that, they don't do anything but stand there. I tried resetting the sims, and restarting my game several times. I made a new household and instead of going into the animation the sims don't do anything at all and become frozen again. This only happens to the two sims that I had trying to perform the animations, the rest of the sims in my household are fine.

My game is updated and so is the wicked mod, and there is no conflicting custom content or anything outdated. This is the only time I have encountered a problem with the mod before. Is there any way to fix this?

post-1698783-0-12178800-1487894524_thumb.jpg

Hello. I was using the wicked whims mod like usual today. Everything was going smoothly until a message appeared - "Tried to assign actor on actors reassigning and failed!"

I've never seen this message pop up before but thought nothing of it at first because usually the animations automatically reset themselves after an error. It took me a minute to realize that although the sims were still in the animation, they weren't changing like usual. I manually stop the animation myself, but they continued to be stuck in the animation until I force them to move to a spot on the floor.

After that, they don't do anything but stand there. I tried resetting the sims, and restarting my game several times. I made a new household and instead of going into the animation the sims don't do anything at all and become frozen again. This only happens to the two sims that I had trying to perform the animations, the rest of the sims in my household are fine.

My game is updated and so is the wicked mod, and there is no conflicting custom content or anything outdated. This is the only time I have encountered a problem with the mod before. Is there any way to fix this?

Yeah it has happened in my game too..i had to use the stop sex..then debug.. It's frustrating to say the least..

Hey Caefinn!

Try the 'wickedwoohoo.stopsex' command (CTRL+SHIFT+C to open the console) or clean your save as explained below. I did a lot of improvements around problems like that and the next update should have this working more stable.

Save Clean
There is a chance that after updating or by bugs you will have issues with stuck variables. The best way to deal with them is to clean your save.
You can clean your save in two steps, but start with doing just the first step and see if that helped.

1. WickedWhims saves most extra data in external files that are not embedded withing game saves. Go to you 'saves' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves) and delete the folder called 'WickedWoohooMod'. You will lose all your settings related to WickedWhims and some extra data, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

2. Some extra data is saved using in-game systems. You can clean that by removing WickedWhims from your 'Mods' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods), turning the game on and saving it. Saving the game without mods installed will remove any extra data that is not needed anymore. You will lose all of your WickedWhims content like skills, buffs and traits, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

• 1 year later...

And here we are a year and a half later and again this error pops up. It's reproducible by selecting npc sex/pick two female sims and an oral selection, an unknown, non existing animation pops up, cancel that and select an existing oral animation and this error pops up. It also happens when an npc sim starts an animation autonomously. Sims 4 version 1.45.62.1020, WickedWhims 3.3.4.129h, MCCC 4.4.5, WW_Amra72 AP_0.2, WW_ooOLaLa_AP 2.3, WW_ooOLaLa_Animations Final Fix. and BB 1.6.5. After having this error the first time, I followed the directions for Save Clean and did wicked setup from scratch but this error repeated again so something else is up. All other mods are up to date and I have had no Last exceptions. I tried several npc animations and they all ended up with that error, regardless of what was picked. Below is the animation that first appears, this has to be cancelled and then it's possible to make another selection. I thought I had it pinned down to a certain animation but it's happened on a few others as disabling certain animations before testing made it just stop on a different animation. Maybe I should just disable npc sex for now?

test.png

I got rid of that weird first animation choice in the picture by changing gender settings/gender recognition type/, from gender identity type to anything goes. That seems to remove the actor reassigning error as well. Interesting. Ok, so no need to panic, nothing happening here, false alarm. ?

Archived