Very exciting news, I feel like the wasteland is an excellent setting for bondage adventures.

There is no way to craft DD devices or keys. I never saw the point in this feature and still don't, so it probably won't be back. There is a vendor in DD who can sell you restraints. She's hanging out in Goodneighbor, in the Memory Den. Her name is Kimy, and she loves kinky stuff!  :P

This vendor is a debugging and testing feature, right? If not, I would suggest she be moved to a optional add-on mod. I'd really rather not have a device framework add NPCs.

This vendor is a debugging and testing feature, right? If not, I would suggest she be moved to a optional add-on mod. I'd really rather not have a device framework add NPCs.

She's a replacement for the crafting feature in Devious Devices for Skyrim, which will not make a reappearance. She is intended to be a permanent feature, but she will sell standard/generic restraints ONLY. Content mods still have all power to drop/equip items whatever way they deem fit.

had same issue and was fresh install of this mod. however patch worked after..

exitsave game..disable mod..load exitsave..wait hour or 2..exitsave again..activate mod.

fooled around abit with things and noticed some outfits had massive clippin on ankle area this could be my fuckup on batchbuilding em on Bslide

equippin the body stuff like harnesse's/corset's to settlers is kinda pain since no manual equip key and they tend to go under the vanilla crapoutfits.

otherwise nice work on the mod

found wierd shit happens on sneakmode dunno is that players boob,nip or arm that blocks the view at 1st person mode this happens on all tested outfits.

theres 2 screens

post-250371-0-46063300-1487937667_thumb.jpg

post-250371-0-88443000-1487937690_thumb.jpg

You need to redo a lot of the plugs, they are distorted.

Suggestion:

When moving them from the old skyrim cbbe shape to the fallout 4 cbbe shape do not conform to slider.

Instead set the slider to edit mode (@ 100 percent) and highlight the meshes you need to move then right click and choose move.

This will bring up a box with x,y,z co-ordinates and adjust the location via those 3 sliders and click okay.

If the angle is off you can right click and choose rotate, but be very careful with this part of outfit studio...

Note: small adjustments to rotation followed by moving items via the move function may be need to line the items up Properly.

Note 2: you can reduce your bodyslide package size by a couple of megs by simply unchecking the option to save the reference (cbbe) shape in outfits that do not need a body (like the piercings, plugs, etc).

You have roughly 180 folders in the shape data folder for the bodyslide part. each of those folders contains a copy of the FO4 CBBE reference body (only about 20 of them need it). That reference body is 974K in size (just under 1 meg). Uncompressed your bodyslide package is 700+ Megs. You can reduce that by roughly 120 to 150 megs just by unchecking the "Copy reference shape into output" when you do the "Save Project As" function in Outfit Studo. Not sure how much that will reduce the ziip file size by, but its a decent amount on the uncompressed side.

Great suggestions. Thanks. Very helpful, specific, and well written.

Redid the plugs and sent them to kimy.

No distortion at all with plugs on base body with zeroed sliders. Had to leave in sliders for HipsBack, MoveCrotch, etc. for those who use those sliders. Unavoidable distortion there.

I initially built the bodyslide files without the reference body in the manner you suggested, but all the sliders were being deleted at random from several outfits. Tried again tonight with same results. Works for some, but not with others. Not sure why. Perhaps you might get different results. Let me know if you know the root of this.

Also the bone weights are a big root of the problem. Sending fixes for that to kimy as well.

For the sliders in Outfit Studio.

Again don't use the standard CBBE method of Comform to all.

Instead you will need to go through each slider one at a time and see what moves then move the plug to match the movement of the slider (make sure the slider is in edit mode and only the plug is moved). You will have to do this for each slider.

This will be time consuming but will end up with no distortion in the plugs no matter what body shape the end user creates.

For bone weighting:

You only need "Pelvis_Rear_Skin" and "Pelvis_Skin" bones for the plugs (nothing else).

This will keep the plug lined up with the crotch (even when crouched or running).

You can manually paint the bones onto the object by first highlighting the meshes you want to weight paint in the mesh list (top right). Then switch the top right panel to the bone list. Hold Ctrl and highlight both the Pelvis bones. Then use the brush to paint the meshes of the plugs (you may want to change the brush settings to Maxim Strength).

If you need an example take a look at Dark Console's Plugs of the common Wealth (note: in Bodyslide you need to moved them on the Z axis by a -120 or so to line up with the cbbe body). The butt Plugs are only painted with the "Pelvis_Rear_Skin" Bone and the weight paint is set to red (max bone weight).

post-321913-0-06857700-1487937392_thumb.jpg

Hopefully that will get you sorted out.

For the saving issue if you are using MO2 you will want to make sure all previous bodyslide files for that package are removed (including the overwrites folder) as sometimes bodyslide will update a file in the Overwrite folder and sometimes it will update the file in the mod folder.... been there done that.

Doh.... I just remembered...

Only sliders that actually move an object will be saved when bodyslide does not keep the reference shape in the outfit.

That is not a problem and is there to help reduce the bodyslide shape data's OSD file size (no need in having information in the transform file that does not do anything).

When you batch build with a set that has only those sliders it will not hurt the bodyslide batch build process, as long as you have the preset loaded that you want it should end up in the shape you desire.

Again that is build into outfit studio to reduce the file size, and cut down on un needed material. So it is a win win.

I'm guessing the sliders that adjust hips, belly, butt, and possibly thighs were saved.

had same issue and was fresh install of this mod. however patch worked after..

exitsave game..disable mod..load exitsave..wait hour or 2..exitsave again..activate mod.

fooled around abit with things and noticed some outfits had massive clippin on ankle area this could be my fuckup on batchbuilding em on Bslide

equippin the body stuff like harnesse's/corset's to settlers is kinda pain since no manual equip key and they tend to go under the vanilla crapoutfits.

otherwise nice work on the mod

found wierd shit happens on sneakmode dunno is that players boob,nip or arm that blocks the view at 1st person mode this happens on all tested outfits.

theres 2 screens

Known issue. Sent kimy the fix. Thanks for the bug testing!

My PC does not open mouth when I equip gag. Did I miss something ?

In the description. tl:dr mouth does not open.

While wearing a straitjacket, if you go in 3rd person the hands will still be there just floating about. I can't find a way to make them invisible or something similar. Is it possible to do so or are we stuck with this weird bug?

There is also a small texture issue with Red Latex Cat Suit, on the left hand(looking at the back of the character not the front) there are a few red spots that belong to the cat suit which should not be there.

You need to redo a lot of the plugs, they are distorted.

Suggestion:

When moving them from the old skyrim cbbe shape to the fallout 4 cbbe shape do not conform to slider.

Instead set the slider to edit mode (@ 100 percent) and highlight the meshes you need to move then right click and choose move.

This will bring up a box with x,y,z co-ordinates and adjust the location via those 3 sliders and click okay.

If the angle is off you can right click and choose rotate, but be very careful with this part of outfit studio...

Note: small adjustments to rotation followed by moving items via the move function may be need to line the items up Properly.

Note 2: you can reduce your bodyslide package size by a couple of megs by simply unchecking the option to save the reference (cbbe) shape in outfits that do not need a body (like the piercings, plugs, etc).

You have roughly 180 folders in the shape data folder for the bodyslide part. each of those folders contains a copy of the FO4 CBBE reference body (only about 20 of them need it). That reference body is 974K in size (just under 1 meg). Uncompressed your bodyslide package is 700+ Megs. You can reduce that by roughly 120 to 150 megs just by unchecking the "Copy reference shape into output" when you do the "Save Project As" function in Outfit Studo. Not sure how much that will reduce the ziip file size by, but its a decent amount on the uncompressed side.

Great suggestions. Thanks. Very helpful, specific, and well written.

Redid the plugs and sent them to kimy.

No distortion at all with plugs on base body with zeroed sliders. Had to leave in sliders for HipsBack, MoveCrotch, etc. for those who use those sliders. Unavoidable distortion there.

I initially built the bodyslide files without the reference body in the manner you suggested, but all the sliders were being deleted at random from several outfits. Tried again tonight with same results. Works for some, but not with others. Not sure why. Perhaps you might get different results. Let me know if you know the root of this.

Also the bone weights are a big root of the problem. Sending fixes for that to kimy as well.

For the sliders in Outfit Studio.

Again don't use the standard CBBE method of Comform to all.

Instead you will need to go through each slider one at a time and see what moves then move the plug to match the movement of the slider (make sure the slider is in edit mode and only the plug is moved). You will have to do this for each slider.

This will be time consuming but will end up with no distortion in the plugs no matter what body shape the end user creates.

For bone weighting:

You only need "Pelvis_Rear_Skin" and "Pelvis_Skin" bones for the plugs (nothing else).

This will keep the plug lined up with the crotch (even when crouched or running).

You can manually paint the bones onto the object by first highlighting the meshes you want to weight paint in the mesh list (top right). Then switch the top right panel to the bone list. Hold Ctrl and highlight both the Pelvis bones. Then use the brush to paint the meshes of the plugs (you may want to change the brush settings to Maxim Strength).

If you need an example take a look at Dark Console's Plugs of the common Wealth (note: in Bodyslide you need to moved them on the Z axis by a -120 or so to line up with the cbbe body). The butt Plugs are only painted with the "Pelvis_Rear_Skin" Bone and the weight paint is set to red (max bone weight).

attachicon.gifFO4 Butt Plug Weight Painting.jpg

Hopefully that will get you sorted out.

For the saving issue if you are using MO2 you will want to make sure all previous bodyslide files for that package are removed (including the overwrites folder) as sometimes bodyslide will update a file in the Overwrite folder and sometimes it will update the file in the mod folder.... been there done that.

Good call on manually adjusting the sliders. Had to do something similar in the past with another outfit. I'll get this sorted out.

Tried your bone weighting method. After clearing bone weights then bone painting with front or rear pelvis skin, the plugs were floating by my head. I've had similar issues in the past with manually painting. Perhaps it's the FO4 version of outfit studio. Found another method that works though so no worries.

Deleting the bodyslide files first fixes the saving issue. I'll look into putting this into effect at a later time. Working on making it functional first and can reduce file size later.

Thanks for all your tips!

While wearing a straitjacket, if you go in 3rd person the hands will still be there just floating about. I can't find a way to make them invisible or something similar. Is it possible to do so or are we stuck with this weird bug?

It will be fixed.

As an experiment in my own game so I could suggest you might add it for your mod, I tried a test of adding a devious collar script to a useable pillory, and whereas the pillory was usable as a pillory, it wouldn't lock. This would be a good addition.

Also, are the blindfolds supposed to be invisible? I couldn't find them in bodyslide to adjust. 

As an experiment in my own game so I could suggest you might add it for your mod, I tried a test of adding a devious collar script to a useable pillory, and whereas the pillory was usable as a pillory, it wouldn't lock. This would be a good addition.

Also, are the blindfolds supposed to be invisible? I couldn't find them in bodyslide to adjust. 

The blindfolds worked nicely when I tested them. They don't need Bodyslide.

The script isn't meant to be used with furniture, so I doubt it would work. DD does not currently support furniture. Not sure it will have to, as Torture Devices (which is a requirement for DD) already covers that. :)

I also would like to vote for the key mechanics to be outside of the devices, since loosing keys, breaking keys and jamming locks become frustating in a bad way when the RNG decides to fuck you over and over again, specially if it is a setting you don't even get a say.

If possible I'd like to suggest for the key mechanics to be key based in some way and exposed so that they are created/registered keys in diverse categories like usable keys, fake keys, trap keys, jamming keys, unbreakable keys. Each one being standard or unique.

That way the user can at least pick the available types of keys for his experience and a mix of them can be used in different scenarios. (like battles between slaves for the only standard breakable key, the master slaver holding a fake unique key for his custom devices, you have a standard usable key but it only has 3 uses, so which device do you try to unlock since one of the devices consumes 2 uses and etc.)

Also sometimes removing a mod can be a hassle, specially if you play a lot, and 3~6 hours later you discover that you have to go back to a older save due to  to a device that likes to eat 99% of your keys just for the lulz.

I actually like the new key management system. All the points arguing for the old system are small convenient improvements but come with a major drawback : consistency. Mod authors should be able to choose the mechanics of their items without side effects on other parts of the mod, and having a single configuration area would just break that.

Technically, all the previous points can be solved pretty easily by individual mod configuration menus or, if needs be, console commands. I know people don't like "cheating" but when the game is broken it's the most viable solution.

The only thing that could be done is a "default configuration menu" for the vanilla DD restraints. This way, somebody could use DD on its own and have access to configuration options, and any author that wants to add basic items above DD instead of adding a new mechanic can just reuse this option. For sure, if this isn't something the DD team would want, another mod would likely fill this void just as well.

(also, awesome work !)

(also, what is up with all these white spaces int the script sources oO)

(finally, where can we report little mistakes ? typos/invalid text such as "lockpick" instead of "bobbypin", "int" instead of "agi" for lockpicking, etc...)

I have gone tho your entire description and have found no mention of how to get any of these items, let alone who and where this "Kimy" is. can you update that please.

There is no way to craft DD devices or keys. I never saw the point in this feature and still don't, so it probably won't be back. There is a vendor in DD who can sell you restraints. She's hanging out in Goodneighbor, in the Memory Den. Her name is Kimy, and she loves kinky stuff!  :P

From the description...

I actually like the new key management system. All the points arguing for the old system are small convenient improvements but come with a major drawback : consistency. Mod authors should be able to choose the mechanics of their items without side effects on other parts of the mod, and having a single configuration area would just break that.

Technically, all the previous points can be solved pretty easily by individual mod configuration menus or, if needs be, console commands. I know people don't like "cheating" but when the game is broken it's the most viable solution.

The only thing that could be done is a "default configuration menu" for the vanilla DD restraints. This way, somebody could use DD on its own and have access to configuration options, and any author that wants to add basic items above DD instead of adding a new mechanic can just reuse this option. For sure, if this isn't something the DD team would want, another mod would likely fill this void just as well.

(also, awesome work !)

(also, what is up with all these white spaces int the script sources oO)

(finally, where can we report little mistakes ? typos/invalid text such as "lockpick" instead of "bobbypin", "int" instead of "agi" for lockpicking, etc...)

What white spaces? oO

I wrote the code in Notepad++. It looks perfectly nicely formatted to me. oO

You can report little typos and other design issues here, too. They just tiny little bugs waiting to get squashed. :D

About using INT for the lockpicking check instead of AGI - that's on purpose. AGI is used as bonus for cutting attempts already, and I wanted to spread out the skill bonuses a little. It can be argued that smart thieves pick locks faster, so I don't think it's THAT far-fetched. :)

Is there a way to get the keys to spawn in the world to randomly find yet or purchase? Or for now do we just command console them in? Also I cannot seem to find a couple of the devices in game that are seen in the bodyslide, like the topless straitjacket, and the nipple clamps/vices.

Is there a way to get the keys to spawn in the world to randomly find yet or purchase? Or for now do we just command console them in? Also I cannot seem to find a couple of the devices in game that are seen in the bodyslide, like the topless straitjacket, and the nipple clamps/vices.

Kimy should have a (pricey) selection of standard keys in her shop.

Other than that, keys and items will drop in the open world in my content mod, Deviously Cursed Wasteland! :)

There's white spaces at the end of some lines (https://puu.sh/uic7y/7f4c92ae40.png). It's just a funny thing I found while skimming through them :)

I'm preparing a pastebin of all text/comment errors, and will post it here when it's ready. There's actually not that many !

Oh right. Could be that I derped when copypasting code etc. I will remove them. They are otherwise harmless, though.