(Ideas) Making followers useful...

Delzaron

Hi

I don't know for you, but I think followers are mostly useless...

Ok, they can accompanie you, help you in first battles, but they can be a mess, get lost... and, ok, you have 10 beautiful followers, but you can't use all of them !

I though how we can make them more usefull... so I made several tests :

- kill follower : in FTD, AFS, and TID, you can kill your follower : you'll get a blessing, or ressources... that's work well, but you lose the follower... not so good.

- In TID again, I use them in quests for sex scene (specilly if the player is man : the follower do the sex scene instead of player)

I'm trying this now :

- recruiting a suite as the noble you are...you can hire followers (they are taking in charge by packages), or fire them... and of course use them.

- "loan" a follower to Simza Brothel : follower become a slave whore, but makes money for you each day.

I'm sure we can find other ideas to make the followers more useful ressources...

Set Defeat to not wait until the battle is over before starting sex. Then take your followers with you into battle naked and unarmed and set to be aggressive.

With that setup your followers will quickly take a number of enemies out of action while you mop up the rest and then if you're fast enough you can also kill the ones raping your followers before they finish.

Followers can be very useful.

Set Defeat to not wait until the battle is over before starting sex. Then take your followers with you into battle naked and unarmed and set to be aggressive.

With that setup your followers will quickly take a number of enemies out of action while you mop up the rest and then if you're fast enough you can also kill the ones raping your followers before they finish.

Followers can be very useful.

What exactly setting do i need for not waiting until battle is over? No transition? I've tried some stuff and never got that working properly, but it's been several versions ago that i did those tests.

Could you possible share your exported Defeat settings?

Maybe you could send out followers as "scouts"/questgivers/finders, finding new dungeons for you ("Here, I'll mark it on your map"), or sending them out to find something of value ("Don't ask where I got this from..."), or finding threats("The Bandit-camp in the North harrases your peasants, time to teach them a lesson").

Perhaps with the risk of getting caught (you've got to pay the bounty of your follower to get him out of prison, or have to rescue him from a dungeon/bandit camp.

Oh and IIRC with mods like soulgem oven you could still use them as livestock if they're good for nothing else...

For now, I added scenes for sacrificing followers...

But, thanks to CPU, I added a code in TID : you can sell a follower to the brothel, and that follower will make money each day.

Using followers for radiant quests is also a good idea... it just need to register them somewhere, and to call a function....

Archived