Missing WickedWhims Script

hello! 

i downloaded wickedwhims yesterday and it worked great. then i got off and a couple hours later i got back on ts4 and all that cam up were the settings. today i deleted everything and redownloaded everything...

however i am missing the script mod for wicked whims and i dont know how to get it back/find it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey ocala0423!

There's really not a reason for the script file missing so make sure to download the mod and copy all the files over. I will include possible installation mistakes below and a way to fix your save in case it gets stuck.

Installation Mistakes
The most common mistakes happen to everybody so check them regardless of your pride and computer knowledge.
Please don't use the installer for Windows on Linux or Mac systems. It's not designed for it and you don't need it to install the game.

1. Files structure of mods is pretty strict and putting mod files into too many folders will cause the game to not find them. If your mods are in a folder that is in a folder that is in a folder that is in a folder, you most likely have to fix that. Don't do too many folders, the game can't find the files in them.

2. After every game update, you have to enable mods in settings again. Every single time when the game gets updates all of your mods get disabled. Enable them in settings.

3. Extract downloaded mods. Some of them might need to be in a ZIP or RAR files, but a lot of them require unpacking. Extract them no matter what and if they don't include a note that you shouldn't do it, then you probably should do it.

4. Multiple mods versions. If your mods folder is a mess, you probably have the same mod installed multiple times. Having WickedWhims installed twice or more is a huge mistake. Remove everything related to WickedWhims and install it again.

5. Update. Outdated mods are the most common issue when a game update occurs and you might not be even aware of it.

Save Clean
There is a chance that after updating or by bugs you will have issues with stuck variables. The best way to deal with them is to clean your save.
You can clean your save in two steps, but start with doing just the first step and see if that helped.

1. WickedWhims saves most extra data in external files that are not embedded withing game saves. Go to you 'saves' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves) and delete the folder called 'WickedWoohooMod'. You will lose all your settings related to WickedWhims and some extra data, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

2. Some extra data is saved using in-game systems. You can clean that by removing WickedWhims from your 'Mods' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods), turning the game on and saving it. Saving the game without mods installed will remove any extra data that is not needed anymore. You will lose all of your WickedWhims content like skills, buffs and traits, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

I'm having the same no script issue. It says it's in my finder with all the other files up in game and in the see custom content game option it's not there. 

his mistake post really didnt help me at all. i just had to delete everything and redownload it. i think having winrar really messed it up... i downloaded wicked whims and then deleted winrar and then extracted the zipped files that way and i saw the script was back... my animations arent working though because they were unzippedwith winrar... redownloading animations again! will tell you the answer if that did work or not. 

• 4 months later...

When i download other wickedwhims animations it shows that the file is either invalid or corrupt and i cant figure out a way to fix it. I deleted and then redownloaded everything but, only just the basic/defult wickedwhims animations show. And the Installations post doesn't help me. But, if you could that would be really great

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/21/2017 at 12:10 AM, Vengeance_11 said:

If anybody is still having this issue, I had this once and found the problem to be the script file getting 'lost' in the WWMod folder. Pasting a copy of the latest script file into the regular Mods folder fixed it for me.

OHH MY GOODDD THANK YOU SOO MUCH THIS REALLY HELPS!! SKSHSKS

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, lordvulas said:

I tried all the solutions above non works. The only file that appears is TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package the TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts file is in the mod folder but not appearing when I launch the game. 

Try keeping the files together....put them in a folder in mods and call it  ww or something....

• 2 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 10:23 AM, lordvulas said:

I tried all the solutions above non works. The only file that appears is TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package the TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts file is in the mod folder but not appearing when I launch the game. 

you have script mods enabled?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issues of not having wicked whims script show up in the script mods section. What I did was, open Wicked Whims Folder

cutand copy the script to the MAIN mod folder

and then put it back again from where i took it.

The version I am using now is WickedWhims v155c

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, kathunddk@gmail.com said:

and my version is v1.66.139.1020.

Did you go into game settings/other and check both boxes to enable mods and scripts?

Game updates turn one of them off by default.

Don't forget to delete your localthumbcache.package file in your TS4 folder whenever you add, remove, or update mods or game.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Cas22 said:

I downloaded the zip file and I have everything there in the specific folder that I keep the wicked mod in. It never causes problems, yet it's saying that I'm missing the transcript file even though it's literally in the mods folder.

You did unpack the zip file Yes?

What specific folder? 

WW has its own folder in the zip file. 

-Make sure you Delete all the old WW files.

-DL WW again and unpack the zip file.

-Drag the "WickedWhimsMod" folder directly into your Mods folder (no deeper).

-Delete the "localthumbcache.package" folder located in your "Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4" -

You should always Delete this file every time you add/delete anything in your "Mods" folder.

Try this then if you still have problems it may help to take a screenshot of your mods folder. and the WW location.

-If you don't know=

Hold down the Windows key and then press the Print screen key on your KB.

-Windows key is= (the key to the right of the Ctrl key).

-Print screen key is= (the key to the right of the F12 key).

The picture will be in this location= This PC > Pictures > Screenshots.

Then drag the picture into your post via the paperclip at the bottom that say's "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..."

Sorry about having to tell you how to do this if you already know, but you would be surprised on here sometimes! :) 

• 1 month later...