Unlimited mods...

xangriegor

It has been around a while, its the successor to the merge plugins xedit script, by the same person I think.

Only problem with merging huge numbers of mods is if any one of them is updated you have to rebuild the whole merge, doable but tedious as hell, especially with ripple updates, where something like devious devices assets for example updates, then all the mods that use that update as well.

Though if you have a ton of armour/weapon mods then hell yeh, merge the whole lot into one esp.

I pretty much do not merge anything that is still being updated, in other words if its been updated within the last 12 months I won't merge it.  There again I just rebuilt skyrim and ditched a load of quest and player race mods, current load order for me is around 200 items.

Though merging all the sex mods in one way should make the merge mod more stable, and of course you would have to start a new game or potentially have things go to hell in the proverbial hand basket as id for quests/scirpts and such change from the stand alone mod to the merge.

it's a seriously bad idea to do that with most SexLab related mods:

1. some of the json files will become unusable because they are setup to be used with there specified esp/esm files.

2. the scripts are far too complicated to be merged and are setup to look for and use assets from other mods.

it's a seriously bad idea to do that with most SexLab related mods:

1. some of the json files will become unusable because they are setup to be used with there specified esp/esm files.

2. the scripts are far too complicated to be merged and are setup to look for and use assets from other mods.

Also for some reason the SOS for female addon doesn't function as a strapon in sexlab anymore if its been merged.

Also for some reason the SOS for female addon doesn't function as a strapon in sexlab anymore if its been merged.

to me that sounds like a json based problem, but i'm comparing that to Creature Framework problems, i don't use SOS so it could be a script problem for all i know.

to me that sounds like a json based problem, but i'm comparing that to Creature Framework problems, i don't use SOS so it could be a script problem for all i know.

Oh my bad, I meant SOS Equipable schlong, I never tried to merge an actual SOS Addon.

Use magic mod to combine every mod you can get your hands on........3......2.......1.......congrats you fucked up your game and have to reinstall.

Please do yourself a favor.  Do NOT attempt to merge plugins that are heavy with scripts.  It won't turn out well for you.

Armor, clothes and weapons mods...no problem.  Just not anything with scripts.

Use magic mod to combine every mod you can get your hands on........3......2.......1.......congrats you fucked up your game and have to reinstall.

Please do yourself a favor.  Do NOT attempt to merge plugins that are heavy with scripts.  It won't turn out well for you.

So that mod author was being sarcastic when they said to merge everything...

Your logic makes too much sense.

No, I'm sure you can merge anything.......you'll just break mods that are script heavy and possibly also break your game.  

As with anything, there just isn't an easy button.   :-/

and you tried it?

SCRIPT FRAGMENT HANDLING:

Papyrus script fragments are used in Bethesda games to handle crucial logic in

Dialog Topics, Quests, and Scenes. When merging the FormIDs of certain records

have to be changed due to conflicts, which can break the association between

script fragments and their associated records. This leads to bugs such as

dialog not triggering events, quests freezing, and broken scenes. Merge Plugins

Standalone locates broken script fragments, decompiles them, adjusts their

source code, renames them, and then recompiles them.

defeat have 2 scripts that look for stuff in sexlabdefeat.esp

if that esp no longer exist,those scripts have to be edited

don't know if that thing edit them right

many have problems when they update a mod because the game load old version from save with new version

it's not enought to edit the scripts, you have to delete old version from save to load the new version, many have problems when they update mods because of that

ineed look for some mods in a script, if you have mod x it enable stuff for mod x, if you have mod y it enable stuff for mod y

don't know if that thing edit that script right

there's also the mods that look for fnis version x.x in fnis esp, or something else version in something else esp

something i doubt that tool can merge, autoharvest, when i tried to merge it, that didn't work because of the dll

maybe that will work if you rename the dll to the esp where you put that mod, maybe not (if you already have a dll for that esp you can't do that anyway, no idea what's the link between the dll and esp anyway)

it's stupid to merge everything

you don't merge unfinished mods, because that mean having to redo it for next update

you don't merge mods that are masters of a lot of mods, because that mean having to edit those mods

you don't merge mods without checking they work (if there's problems, the merge will have bigger problems)

and you don't merge mods you may get rid of (what's the point if you don't keep the mod?)

oldrim can never have unlimited mods  :P have you forgotten the 4 gig limitation ?? the moment you start merging so many mods all the assets will just crash your game when you exceed the 4 gig limit. maybe the SSE will be able to cope with it better but i doubt it will ever be able to handle unlimited mods i am wondering if it can even load many skse plugins due to papyrus limitation. Once SKSE for SE comes out.

So that mod author was being sarcastic when they said to merge everything...

Your logic makes too much sense.

most players are not in a able 255 ESP \ ESM files in Their game to install, without that These serious caused disturbances (CTD,s)!

Then still many mods put together, that chaos is preprogrammed.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yeah, I stopped trying to merge any SexLab or related mods using Merge Plugins when I saw that all SOS plugins were red in the db (meaning that they won't merge well; every comment was along the lines of 'merging this made it stop working'.)

On the other hand, we've all got tons of mods that aren't SL-related. I've merged all of the outfit mods that I use (99% of them only use an ESP to place the outfit in the game), almost all of the character appearance mods (got cold feet at the thought of merging KS Hairdos - but it is doable!), ~10 RaceMenu overlay packs (enable script fragment handling and unpack the BSAs and you're good), a large number of plugins that are basically just loading or redirecting textures for items, and tooooons of patches. (You'll realise how much room patches take up in your load order when you use Merge Plugins. Especially if you use something with buttloads of patches like CACO.)

It's also not a smart idea to merge anything generated dynamically (e.g. Bashed and Smashed patches) or generated by a SkyProc patcher, because you won't be able to update them.

So yeah, scripted and generated mods are a no-go - but everything else should work fine, if you unpack BSAs and get Merge Plugins to handle script fragments.

oldrim can never have unlimited mods  :P have you forgotten the 4 gig limitation ??

what does this have to do with merging?

sse forum is so dead you have to troll about it here?

it's at 3.1 gb you ram ctd, not 4gb...

if your system can't handle mods a b c d e f g, it can't handle them, merging them or not merging them have nothing to do with that

most mods are nothing and you can put hundreds of them in the same esp without problem

it's stupid to do that, you put armors mods in one esp, npc mods in one esp, weather in one esp... to take care of conflicts faster with future mods

oldrim can never have unlimited mods  :P have you forgotten the 4 gig limitation ??

if your system can't handle mods a b c d e f g, it can't handle them, merging them or not merging them have nothing to do with that

most mods are nothing and you can put hundreds of them in the same esp without problem

it's stupid to do that, you put armors mods in one esp, npc mods in one esp, weather in one esp... to take care of conflicts faster with future mods

I find nice with merging armor mods that you can just delete everything from the esp except from the Armor and Armor Addon to keep the world (Riverwood and Whiterun lol) from getting cluttered by chests everywhere.

No, I'm sure you can merge anything.......you'll just break mods that are script heavy and possibly also break your game.  

and you tried it?

Why would I waste my time trying something that obviously won't work?  Merging script heavy mods hasn't worked from Morrowind to Fallout 4.  

Personally I don't recommend merging mods at all.  While more work, it is far better to just grab all the meshes and textures (and whatever) and build your own esp.  That way you know for sure you don't end up with any dirty edits that cause conflicts.  However, I realize that most folks don't have the patience or skill to do so......thus this tool is fine for stuff like armors and clothes.  Use it for anything else and it is going to be a gamble.  Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.  Only one way to find out.......just make sure you back your game up.   ;)

and you tried it?

Why would I waste my time trying something that obviously won't work?  Merging script heavy mods hasn't worked from Morrowind to Fallout 4.  

in sexlab esm i put matchmaker, solution, defeat, poser, slal... there's "scripts heavy mods in that"?

170223081423400814.jpg

still have sexlabnudecreatures esp because there's dibella sister and its master zbf in it (and probably other things i don't remember)

that stuff was replace by adding armoraddon flacid and erect to armor skinnakedrace (it's more performance friendly than looking for the npc race in the .json file to find out what armor it have to load)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/68872-sse-screenshots-and-character-shots/page-1?do=findComment&comment=1722254

I dont know what the fuck your problem is but i could say the same to you. and my post was not even directed at you. I am putting you on my ignore list(Shit list) for now on.

I discovered this recently and merged all the basic mods I can't play without, such as No Main Intro Music, No Loading Screen Spiders, Dead Body Collision, Double Cursor Fix, No Motion Sickness and so on. Then I rammed the newly merged mod into an existing savegame. It crashed a few times but after cleaning it up and hopping in and out of qasmoke, I fixed it. Now it works nicely. :)

These were all mods that don't need updated anymore and work without (or with only very few) scripts. I wouldn't try to merge SL mods.

Archived