Ressurection in Skyrim lore question.

ther1pper

In theory it could be done, stuff the dying persons souls into a black soul gem, though getting one of them could be kinda hard at times, as from what I remember they are considered a necromantic item and therefore bad news to own.

With the soul stored safely, heal the body back to the point it can live then stuff the soul from the soul gem back into said body, though as Gimme said, its pretty much only the aedra and daedra that can do it, though it would be safe to assume the various divines could do it as well.

Of course you then have to hope that akatosh does not simply stop what you are doing from working, as the god of the dead he would without doubt start to pay attention to anybody bringing people back to life without his permission, and nobody in there right minds would want a god of the dead after their head for any reason.

I made a mod for necromancy that is lore friendly IMO anyway. The mod was on Nexus until recently. I was actually not making any more mods but someone rattled my cage awhile back and sparked my mod interest :) The mod was called MyNecromancy

It was more or less geared toward SL but didn't require SL to work. It would work in vanilla Skyrim. It removed ash piles, added inventory control to minions, could have up to ten zombies and four (as I called them Bloodkin)

Anyway, the lore is that once a necromancer reached high enlighten (100), they would be able to resurrect the dead but the process left them with a link to the resurrected soul in their own blood link. The person that was resurrected was now bound to the necromancer and became a slave. If the resurrected took damage the necromancer took 20% and vise versa since the link in blood was REAL. The necromancer could resurrect up to four slaves which could absorb 80% of his damage BUT he also took 20% of each slaves damage in return.

The mod was fun to play and I still have it installed.

The is a mage in Shivering Isles who can resurrect people. Fairly effortlessly too, apparently:

After surviving the horrors of Xaselm, you will encounter Relmyna in the now unsealed Sanctum of Vivisection, methodically experimenting on a bunch of caged victims, all naked and chained, screaming in pain. She will torture them one by one, methodically writing down their reactions in her book. Every time a victim dies from the torture, she will revive them, and continue her inhuman experiments in search of the "sixth element.", [...]

Source: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Relmyna_Verenim

I made a mod for necromancy that is lore friendly IMO anyway. The mod was on Nexus until recently. I was actually not making any more mods but someone rattled my cage awhile back and sparked my mod interest :) The mod was called MyNecromancy

It was more or less geared toward SL but didn't require SL to work. It would work in vanilla Skyrim. It removed ash piles, added inventory control to minions, could have up to ten zombies and four (as I called them Bloodkin)

Anyway, the lore is that once a necromancer reached high enlighten (100), they would be able to resurrect the dead but the process left them with a link to the resurrected soul in their own blood link. The person that was resurrected was now bound to the necromancer and became a slave. If the resurrected took damage the necromancer took 20% and vise versa since the link in blood was REAL. The necromancer could resurrect up to four slaves which could absorb 80% of his damage BUT he also took 20% of each slaves damage in return.

Would you share it with us, please. :)

When I get the current project done I'll make a page for it. I have to fix some bugs in it before I reload it.

They are just annoying little things that add up to issues like reanimating a NPC that has their head removed or missing limbs, dead dragons or trying to make a Bloodkin from a NPC that was dead at game start. (you literally can reanimate anything )  which really makes it messy problem. Then there is the bug that the Bloodkin dies and self rezes later in game time and you can't get rid of them.

In theory it could be done, stuff the dying persons souls into a black soul gem, though getting one of them could be kinda hard at times, as from what I remember they are considered a necromantic item and therefore bad news to own.

With the soul stored safely, heal the body back to the point it can live then stuff the soul from the soul gem back into said body, though as Gimme said, its pretty much only the aedra and daedra that can do it, though it would be safe to assume the various divines could do it as well.

Of course you then have to hope that akatosh does not simply stop what you are doing from working, as the god of the dead he would without doubt start to pay attention to anybody bringing people back to life without his permission, and nobody in there right minds would want a god of the dead after their head for any reason.

I think you meant Arkay, not Akatosh.

Depending on just how death works and how vampires are treated metaphysically, I think you could skip the black soul gem.  You end up needing one, filled with someone else's soul, to cure yourself and I kinda thought that you were replacing your lost soul with someone else's, though it could be that you just need a power source, similar to enchanting.

Death can also be a wierd concept when you can travel to other planes of existance, where you normally only go when you die. When you can go there while living and return from there, death gets kinda messed up, as you seemingly should be able to pull a soul back from there one way or another.

God-hating aspects should also include enchanting as well, if what Dawnguard says is accurate.  Killing someone and trapping their soul instead of letting it go to Aetherius like it is supposed to, then selling it to the Masters to be tortured for all eternity just so you can make your weapon firey wouldn't piss off someone? Alduin is mentioned eating the souls of those in Sovngarde... noble nords who died well and got to their version of heaven have their souls eaten and what? Cease to exist?

Sometimes I think video games have a very hard time dealing with death because you don't want to influence player choices and "condemn them to hell" however it exists in the game. MMOs are even worse than single player, as the players are generally expected to die many times and that pretty much has to be ignored while NPCs die and stay dead.

I think that resurrection spells did not exist in the game and thus won't be directly supported by game lore but you can make up whatever you want based on how you're going to use the spell. Revive a henchman that died due to bad AI? Its just a heal from near death. Actually bring back someone that died and was kinda supposed to die? Make up whatever soul pulling story. Its you're game in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3881-myconjuration/

There you go.

Archived