Creating Slavetats

meriv

I have recently started attempting to create my own slavetats, but I have an issue where the images are warped in undesirable ways when actually applied to the character. Because of this, I currently have to boot up skyrim every time I wan't to see what a change looks like, does anyone know of a more efficient way to test how my tats look?

I have recently started attempting to create my own slavetats, but I have an issue where the images are warped in undesirable ways when actually applied to the character. Because of this, I currently have to boot up skyrim every time I wan't to see what a change looks like, does anyone know of a more efficient way to test how my tats look?

I don't know if this is "easier" but you could use bodyslide to preview the model + texture.  

Find the default female texture (\Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\female\femalebody_1.dds).  

I would make a copy in case you break it, just to be safe.

Then take your slavetat, overlay it to the default female texture, and save it in the same directory.  As long as the slavetat is included in the texture, when you preview a body in bodyslide, it will show up.  The nice thing is you can play with sliders to match your normal/preferred body type (especially if it's around the chest area which tends to warp horribly). You'll have to switch the outfit/body to something else in order for it to re-pull the updated texture every time you change it.

Once you are happy, you can reset the default texture to what it was before you were messing with it.  If you don't remove it, it will show up on every female in Skyrim that uses the default meshes and textures.  You can then just use the completed image as part of the slavetats dds file.

Archived