new miller re-release

macnchz

Hello Everyone!

NewMiller just reloaded most of his old mods on Nexus.  I am hoping someone out there wants to convert his older TBBP/CBBE/UNP to UUNP HDT.....

Just throwin' it out there....   :)

Only in cleartext, without consent from @newmiller going Not at all.

He is the author these outfits and his decision should be respected.

And read once the forum rules.  ;)

Hello Everyone!

NewMiller just reloaded most of his old mods on Nexus.  I am hoping someone out there wants to convert his older TBBP/CBBE/UNP to UUNP HDT.....

Of course you need NewMiller's permission.  I thought that went without saying.  But I should have been clear about that.  Thank you.   

Hello Everyone!

Of course you need NewMiller's permission.  I thought that went without saying.  But I should have been clear about that.  Thank you.   

It was not meant to be evil, for many people it is even not self-evident, the Author to ask.

It is also no problem as long as it is for itself.

What you think how many mod authors disappeared because their mods were stolen?

This was also the reason why Newmiller disappeared.

Hello Everyone!

It was not meant to be evil, for many people it is even not self-evident, the Author to ask.

It is also no problem as long as it is for itself.

What you think how many mod authors disappeared because their mods were stolen?

This was also the reason why Newmiller disappeared.

True, it is awful that their content is stolen.  I remember a mod author who put in a patch to allow his main mod to work (you had to read the description and download the patch separately).  Apparently there are bots out there that scan for mods and download the main mod.  I thought that was clever!  :)

Making conversions for different body types is stealing?

Most of Newmiller's stuff I have seen is tagged with a "free for non commercial use" licence, which would make conversions ok in my book. However, people still need to give proper credit where credits are due, and too many 'forget' that, making it look as if they created the content instead. Which is the most common form of "stealing" content I have seen in the modding scene. I don't know why it's so hard to give proper credits, really.

It's stolen because you're using someone else's work even if it is for another Body type.

The work had the original author and perhaps this author had even paid money for the designs.

that seem the most to forget, They have almost all their outfits not self-designed, They come from designer studios. ;)

Most of Newmiller's stuff I have seen is tagged with a "free for non commercial use" licence, which would make conversions ok in my book. However, people still need to give proper credit where credits are due, and too many 'forget' that, making it look as if they created the content instead. Which is the most common form of "stealing" content I have seen in the modding scene. I don't know why it's so hard to give proper credits, really.

Yeah I credit every single conversion I make. It's shitty to pass off other people's content for your own, specially when anyone that supports the author will call it out and get you shut down... which is also why I don't get why content thieves are a problem. Aren't you condoning them by taking your own stuff down, so that end users can only get it from the thief?

It's as simple as reporting the site/user that stole the content and watching that get taken down by the mods. More often than not people who support your content will do it for you.

If I see any new armor set and it does not contain support for BodySlide, in our case newmiller's sets are only for 'default' body, I'm passing by. Except rare cases when I want to have this ANYWAY. Then I download and make convertation for own use.

After convertation mesh is stored in BodySlide's ShapeData folder, so it doesn't require original author's mesh.

But textures! Just for them 'convertator' must provide a link to original author's files and do not include them to own package.

I think that everybody will be happy: author, 'convertator' and users.

Of course, this not work, if author doesn't allow ANY changes.

Kind Regards.

Archived