Modding, only your gameplay or creating mods?

echotest123

I'd say I'm a mod user but I convert a bunch of armors to UUNP, edit textures and overall do personal little mashups or edits of armor mods, but that's only with Outfit Studio, TES5Edit and occasionally nifskope to fix bad render flags. I'd upload more than what I already have but damn, people are really aggressive about derivative mods and conversions.

If you have explicit permission or the permission structure is open to begin with, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

You know how you started out just playing the vanilla game, and then you discovered mods, and great vistas of wonder and opportunity opened up before your eyes?

The game became a super-game, with new things to see and do every day. The community appeared, and all these people are sharing mods and talking about them.

Learning to make mods is like that happening again. Making mods is a better game than Skyrim.

This is how it begins - you're playing along all happy with the mods you've installed, then it occurs to you that this would be a nice touch here, or "too bad that doesn't exist," and the next thing you know, you're going through the tutorials and making mods.

The basic things, like making npc's and dialogue, and the basic scripting that goes along with dialogue, are (relatively) easy to learn. Just go through the tutorials, make bookmarks of the tutorials so you can go back to re-look stuff up (I've been doing this for a long time now and I still need to look up the exact script verbiage to advance to the next quest stage), and ask lots of questions. Best thing about LL - there are a ton of really nice people who will be happy to help (as long as you are genuinely trying to learn, and not just begging people to do all the work for you). 

This is how it begins - you're playing along all happy with the mods you've installed, then it occurs to you that this would be a nice touch here, or "too bad that doesn't exist," and the next thing you know, you're going through the tutorials and making mods.

The basic things, like making npc's and dialogue, and the basic scripting that goes along with dialogue, are (relatively) easy to learn. Just go through the tutorials, make bookmarks of the tutorials so you can go back to re-look stuff up (I've been doing this for a long time now and I still need to look up the exact script verbiage to advance to the next quest stage), and ask lots of questions. Best thing about LL - there are a ton of really nice people who will be happy to help (as long as you are genuinely trying to learn, and not just begging people to do all the work for you). 

Yeah, I've noticed that you guys tend to be very helpful... the last time I've seen a community act like this, was back in the old BF2 and early WoW days...

Keep it up guys, you rock!

Archived