Face Texturing (new race)

Hey all!

So I've made a lot of progress on creating a non-human race for Fallout. Morphs, skeleton, and textures are finished, but that last one there is leaving me completely stumped.

The face textures are in 4k, and have been fully playable up to this point. I decided to experiment with skin tone tinting for the female. Since all face masks under the tinting category are in 1k, I had to remove them all to drop in the compatible 4k mask. (it's literally just a plain white mask atm). With some new presets I loaded up the game, and my face was completely black. Strangely the body was the right tone still (which are using their own textures as well).

Before exiting I tried showlooksmenu, and the presets loaded just fine. Body and face were a 1:1 tone match. I thought this may have been a game hiccup, so I loaded the new save, but the face reverted back to the jet black color.

I've read that this can be SLI related, but I'm running only a single card. I also read this could be a memory issue, but other than CBBE, there are no other textures mods in place, plus I have 6gb of VRAM.

I'm assuming there could a very specific face mask that shouldn't be removed, but I'm hoping to avoid anymore trial and error.

Any help is appreciated!! :)

Archived