Need help adjusting collisions for havok on an armor

Lady Horus

So I'm kind of at a loss.

I've finally learned how to make armor with added physics bones etc via canderas' tutorials and using Autopilot.

Everything works great, collision is detected on most of the body. I added in some custom keyframed capsules on the body as well so that feet wouldn't go through the skirt while running.

However, through testing I realized that weapons affect collision on the skirt which contorts it badly. (kind of hard to tell from screenshots I know, just trust me it is bad lol)

TESV_2017_02_17_11_36_33_703.png TESV_2017_02_17_11_37_00_237.png TESV_2017_02_17_11_37_58_244.png TESV_2017_02_17_11_38_24_671.png TESV_2017_02_17_11_43_57_661.png

TESV_2017_02_17_11_44_03_064.png TESV_2017_02_17_11_44_17_788.png

I found the tool "Just for Fun" that can be used to edit XMLs so I thought I'd use it to set the capsules not to collide with the weapons. However when I save the xml using JFF, in-game the physics go wild and stretch all over the place and refuse to stop moving. I'm not sure what changes when I export it using JFF. I've looked over the XML and can't see anything that looks particularly bad but, I'm not very experienced with it so I'm not sure. I did test exporting other XMLs using JFF just to see if it had the same wild effect on other XMLs but it does not, so it's something to do with mine it seems.

So since it looks like I'll have to rely on the export from 3DS Max for the xml, that leaves me still with the problem of bad collision with weapons. It wouldn't be such a bad thing if this were the only type of armor I plan to do this for, but since I want to do dresses and that sort of thing down the line as well, that means this is something I'll have to figure out before then...

I guess basically, is there any thorough documentation on XMLs so that I could manually make the adjustments I need? I haven't been able to find fields referring to what I need by manually looking through it (I am probably missing something obvious). That, or if anyone has useful advice that'd be great too. I'm kind of going blind at this point because I haven't been able to find the info I need.

So is anyone here very experienced with this and could possibly help me out? I've tried contacting an author of a mod that uses the type of physics I'd really like to use, but I can't since they don't take private messages so I'm hoping someone here could lend a hand.

I don't mind attaching my 3DS file or anything if anyone wants to take a look at it. To test it in-game, it would require my Tera mod obviously so, I'm not sure I should since it's a lot to download just for testing purposes.

Anyway, thanks and sorry if this just ended up confusing. I'm really tired at the moment so I'm prone to rambling!

Edit: Attached the XML for whatever it is worth. It's the one exported from 3DSMax without any edits. It might be the version of Havok I'm using (2011 for 3DSMax 2012) causing trouble for JFF, I don't know. :/

CH20Skirt.XML

Maybe this helps in some way?...

Have looked for best made HDT stuff, including clothing as examples.

Doesn't seem to be alot of HDT clothing out there.

The second witches robe (uses sh2.xml) in this set has many HDT things going on, and is set to verticesshape (which JFF can't handle).

romualdas DL link for Witches Robe Original in Jeroks UUNP conversion thread

For clothing, hkxConvexVerticesShape seems to give best results based on what i've seen so far, especially for anything skirt-like.

Though you'll be stuck manually editing the xmls (cos JFF incompat).

Also I notice most xmls are all Havok 2013, like this one.  So maybe you need other 3ds version?  Not sure.

Ended up choosing SMP just a litle while ago over HDT.  So sorry can't be more help than that.

Adding physics to clothing was a big part of that decision.

Didn't like the xml complexity with HDT and needing autodesk stuff, and HDT spazzieness, and SMP is just easier for me (custom bones - xmls)

If curious at the difference look at xmls from KS Har wigs vs Farass's SMP KSHairWigs modded version (here at LL)

Still setting SMP things up. Did my first BSL UUNP-UNP outfit conversion in SMP and looks great in game.  Skirts and flowing stuff coming soon.

Good luck with your HDT for clothing happy.png

Just wanted to thank you for your input! I'd heard of it before but didn't know it was in a real working state. So yes, thanks! It does seem a lot better physics-wise, and the xml's are so much easier to read and understand which is a huge plus. I look forward to learning how to work with it. :) Seems a lot more simple than havok (less buggy as well).

....snippy

That great you got SMP up and running already. 

Think you were faster than me lol

If you want to chat through anything, feel free to PM me.

Still learning too, but sometimes two minds are better than one.  

And love outfits :P  

Though right now working on nude body, before i go back to outfits and get to animation.

Archived