OSA UltiPoser - ultimate poser for Skyrim

Mofme

Hey,

I've got an idea (and skills to make it real) for a tool which will allow us to select our favourite poses from several packs and compile it into single custom pack for use with OSA. OSA is wonderful tool, yet it's not used enough in my opinion. It will have several pros compared to traditional posers and even OSA Poser Module.

Advantages:

- no more ESPs (currently: one per poser pack)

- no more crowded inventory menu

- you can select only poses you want to use - and you will be able to compile a package containing poses from various poser mods

- finally you will be able to use you favourite poses from Halo Poser, OSex and SexLab at once ;] - it wasn't possible before

- dramatic decrease in the strings/fnis animation slots used

Disadvantages:

- none?

- ok, one - somebody (me) has to program it (in fact I already started)

This tool will work online, features I'm thinking of:

- online pose reference gallery

- user (registration will be necessary - no fancy facebook integrations or e-mail requirements though) will be able to create custom animation packages

- user will be able to bookmark poses

- user will be able to select/deselect poser mods he/she uses and has installed

- user will be able to filter poses by pose style / pose hotness etc

- online pose reference library (I already asked roundrovin for permission to re-use his photo albums and I'm waiting for his reply)

- custom name for poses (instead of names like pinup01 or gomapero1-54 you will be able to rename poses into more familiar names like "kneeling" or "sitting on barrel")

- customized pose creation will be as easy as selecting favourite poses acros several packs then clicking "compile" and downloading created archive - created pose pack will allow users to select poses from OSA menu using poser name/pose name or pose style/pose name

Above is minimal functionality but also maybe some other functions may be useful like:

- pose taging (for filtering etc)

- pose rating

- sharing pose packs etc

Please tell me what do you think. Feature requests are welcome too.

This mod already does the job way better than existing 0sa plugin. Can also bookmark, merge pose sets.

Binded my switch pose to mouse wheel and it feels smooth

But it doesn't.

Still requires to load lots of poses you will never use. Halo poser has already so much poses it's not really possible to have it + 0Sex + sexlab with some basic animation sets at the same time.

My concept is totally different - select poses before running skyrim and then load in game only the poses that you need.

This mod already does the job way better than existing 0sa plugin. Can also bookmark, merge pose sets.

But it doesn't.

Still requires to load lots of poses you will never use. Halo poser has already so much poses it's not really possible to have it + 0Sex + sexlab with some basic animation sets at the same time.

My concept is totally different - select poses before running skyrim and then load in game only the poses that you need.

Well FNIS XXL exists for that purpouse.

Its quite a task, good luck though. If you will need image references I might screen them for fun ( missing ones ) because I feel boring lately. Can do on white/black/green and 4k res

But it doesn't.

Its quite a task, good luck though. If you will need image references I might screen them for fun ( missing ones ) because I feel boring lately. Can do on white/black/green and 4k res

FNIS XXL is not enough. I use it. I had to disable most SL anim packs not to mention OSex and I still struggled to load latest Halo Packs... :(

But it doesn't.

FNIS XXL is not enough. I use it. I had to disable most SL anim packs not to mention OSex and I still struggled to load latest Halo Packs... :(

Decided to stop lurking long enough to throw my two cents in.

I have a pretty damn good PC and I run into problems with fnis xxl I have to keep disabling more and more animations every time I start up.

I found a work around by disabling the Halo pack and loading into the game through `coc riverwood then loading, but thats annoying to do when I just want a quick fap.

So having a mod like the one you're making would be so, so very nice for the average user.

Especially those who have low end pc's.

Basically, don't let the naysayyer's get to you please, you do have an audience for this kinda thing. Even if we are mostly silent.

But it doesn't.

Decided to stop lurking long enough to throw my two cents in.

I have a pretty damn good PC and I run into problems with fnis xxl I have to keep disabling more and more animations every time I start up.

I found a work around by disabling the Halo pack and loading into the game through `coc riverwood then loading, but thats annoying to do when I just want a quick fap.

So having a mod like the one you're making would be so, so very nice for the average user.

Especially those who have low end pc's.

Basically, don't let the naysayyer's get to you please, you do have an audience for this kinda thing. Even if we are mostly silent.

Sure. I have the exact same problems you described and I need this tool myself so I'm doing it anyways. The problem is I still have no reply from roundrovin so I won't be able to go public with this project until I receive his permission (obviously I won't make several hundred screenshots of each pose - especially if someone else already did it). For now I have the database ready and I'm filling it with the required data - it will take me a while (currently I've almost finished with GomaPero poser).

• 1 month later...

Just to let you guys know - the work on the project is going OK, but slower than I anticipated. Perhaps this weekend or the next week I will post a link to the website where the project is placed. For now I have fully working interactive pose gallery with gomapero and aloe poses but I can use help with this if any of you have some time (it's very basic stuff - just browsing the poser albums and adding some tags to poses (like standing, crouching) + pose hotness rating (from 1 to 3).

Mofme,

I just recently had a similar idea, and I already started going through some of Halofarm's pose packs and writing down descriptions of them. I've only gotten through the first few of the Halos sets, but I will go ahead and switch to the gomapero poses if that's what you need. 

For the Halo poses, I had written down the general position of each pose (standing, sitting, laying, kneeling, crawling, other), a general description of the pose, and additional props that are needed for the pose (poledancing pole, cigarette, chair, bed, wall, etc). I was also marking certain poses as "pinup" or "glamour" or "sexy" poses, instead of giving each pose a definite "hotness" rating. Going forward with the gomapero poses, I'll try doing both the additional tags and the rating.

I'm thinking of putting my notes into the JSON format so that it can be easily read. 

Something like:

[{

packname: "GomaPero 1",

poses: [

{

posename: "1GOM01", // (the animation name in FNIS)

position: "stand",

description: "hands on hips, head forward",

props: "none",

tags: [ "glamour" ], // (it looks like a pose for a glamour photo shoot)

hotness: 1

},

{

posename: "1GOM02",

....... // and so on

}

]

},

// more packs go here

]

Let me know if a different format would be better. I should be able to rig up something to convert from this format to anything else.

Thanks for taking the initiative and starting up this effort - I think this will be really useful!

Mofme,

I just recently had a similar idea, and I already started going through some of Halofarm's pose packs and writing down descriptions of them. I've only gotten through the first few of the Halos sets, but I will go ahead and switch to the gomapero poses if that's what you need. 

For the Halo poses, I had written down the general position of each pose (standing, sitting, laying, kneeling, crawling, other), a general description of the pose, and additional props that are needed for the pose (poledancing pole, cigarette, chair, bed, wall, etc). I was also marking certain poses as "pinup" or "glamour" or "sexy" poses, instead of giving each pose a definite "hotness" rating. Going forward with the gomapero poses, I'll try doing both the additional tags and the rating.

I'm thinking of putting my notes into the JSON format so that it can be easily read. 

Something like:

[{

packname: "GomaPero 1",

poses: [

{

posename: "1GOM01", // (the animation name in FNIS)

description: "hands on hips, head forward",

props: "none",

tags: [ "glamour" ], // (it looks like a pose for a glamour photo shoot)

hotness: 1

},

{

posename: "1GOM02",

....... // and so on

}

]

},

// more packs go here

]

Let me know if a different format would be better. I should be able to rig up something to convert from this format to anything else.

Thanks for taking the initiative and starting up this effort - I think this will be really useful!

Well I have the gomapero poses all with tags AOs etc. I especially need the Halo's poses. I don't need json - simple xls/csv format will be better because I'm putting it into MySQL anyways. PM me if you like - I will let you know more about this project.

• 4 weeks later...

Preview version is now available:
http://mofme.unaux.com

For now it functions as an interactive pose gallery. Each pose has been categorized by it's type, hotness (which is subjective of course), if it's supposed to be used with extras like weapons or furniture or if it includes AOs. For now Aloe, Gomapero, K'Series and Halo's posers have been categorized (Halo's poser thanks to immense work of SocialFox555).

For now export to OSA is not supported yet, but should be ready soon (where by soon I mean - when it's done ;D ). When it's done you will be able to compile the favourite poses into OSA plugin and use them in game which will be by far the best, easiest to use and most resource-saving way to manage the posers. You will be able to compile multiple plugins, each plugin containing poses from several posers. What it means:

- no more ESPs

- no more balancing on the FNIS animation count limit

- no more balancing on the Skyrim's string count limit

- no more annoying 'ring' things to select poses

- no need for additional mods to select poses

- everything is managed from the ultraclean, wonderfull OSA menu

PS: There's a slight problem with so called public posers (which was a failed idea from the beginning) because they all use the same FNIS slots. Perhaps it will be necessare to recompile them to UltiPoser compatible pose packs.

Let us know what do you think.

If i am correct, it sounds like you're going to make a tool that allows users to find and select which poses they like in those different poser pack such as Gomaperopero and Halo and combining it together with the help of your tool am i right? But i wonder does your tool allows user to share his let's say erm... a All In One Pack pose animations.BSA and ESP/loose files to others without any restrictions? or you need to run the tool in background in order to load up the compiled custom All In One Pack animations?

If i am correct, it sounds like you're going to make a tool that allows users to find and select which poses they like in those different poser pack such as Gomaperopero and Halo and combining it together with the help of your tool am i right? But i wonder does your tool allows user to share his let's say erm... a All In One Pack pose animations.BSA and ESP/loose files to others without any restrictions? or you need to run the tool in background in order to load up the compiled custom All In One Pack animations?

Yes, it will work like this.

It won't compile any BSAs or ESPs. As I clearly mentioned above it will work as 0SA plugin generator. It means 0SA mod will be necessary for this tool to work. Actual posers will be used as resources - their ESPs will be no longer needed. This tool will simply allow to generate FNIS files and 0SA xml plugin. Through the 0SA interface you will be able to select the poses categorized by Poser/pose type etc.

Users will be able to share their compilation through the website but for now it's not a priority.

The basic workflow will be like this:

1) Install the posers you want to use

2) Deactive their ESPs (no longer necessary)

3) Login to UltiPoser and favourite the poses you want

4) Save the favourites as pose set

5) Download the pose set 0SA plugin

6) Install the pose set plugin

7) Run FNIS

8) Play the game

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know i appretiate your work. :) I've never used any poser mod for long, because of the things you're going to change, like non-descriptive names, too much stuff i don't use, etc. This might finally change it!

Although i'm already at FNIS XXL limits without any poser mod or OSA... i have to see what i can do about that. 

This sounds ambitious and awesome.

I am patiently waiting for the mod. :)  

it's a great idea you have there, hopefully it doesn't fall with the online registering part

It's very likely some limited functionality (like gallery browsing) will be available without registration.

• 1 month later...

I found some time to  work on the project. It's possible now to transfer the favourited poses to user pose sets. Next thing to work on is the xml export as OSA modules.

So basic workflow will be like this:

- install OSA and some/all poser mods

- disable the poser mods ESPs

- login to ultiposer / register and login

- Enter the "Pose Gallery", browse and favourite some poses

- Enter "Your Fav Poses" and save the favourites as a pose set

- Enter "Your Saved Pose Sets", select the pose set you like

- Export selected pose set as OSA module (not available yet) - it will be packed as a ready to install zip file

- Simply use the Mod Organizer to install the exported zip containing OSA module

For now up to 81 poses per module will be supported with at most 1 ultiposer module installed at a time.

For now no so called "Public" posers will be supported (they all use the same file paths and FNIS animation slots so they will overwrite each other anyway).

Archived