RimWorld Sex Mod - RimJobWorld [RJW]

I don't know if genitals are still a thing in this mod but if they are I'd argue that it is better to remove them. Additional body parts don't tend to play nice with other mods and while it sure is fun to shoot a raider in the dick with a sniper rifle the question is if the compatibility issues additional body parts usually cause (different coverage for the body, EPOE, non-standard races, combat overhauls etc.) are worth it.

Removing them sure would increase compatibility.

But maybe having a separate version for that would be preferable?

Or perhaps have a version without them default, and add genitals as an addon to work along side with it?

This is just my take on this though.

Yeah, the modular approach might be neat, but it also increases the number of things you have to maintain. The questions that should be asked, though, at least in my opinion, would be 'What do I gain from that?' and 'What price do I have to pay for this?'

Like I said, genitals in theory are a good addition, since it sure is fun to imagine all the stuff that can happen to them and it also increases the immersion somewhat, if you ain't got a dick or vagina no sex for you and stuff like that. But it also increases the workload tenfold if you want to make the mod compatible with most mod setups. EPOE is not the only prosthetics mod around, there's also races - who wouldn't want a few Orassans as sex slaves? - and mods that tinker with the bodies by modifying bleed/pain rate injuries cause or how likely it is to hit bodypart xyz which is something most combat overhauls like Combat Realism (which is outdated and abandoned now but a successor is already in the works) do.

There's also the possibility that a mod that's a pain to maintain and needs several patches to work with very common other mods might cause burnout for the modder. Might not be fun to release patches that need work with multiple mods. For example, if you would want to run EPOE, Orassans and Combat Extended when/if it is released, you'd need a patch that takes all those three into account. And a patch that takes every other configuration into account as well.

Yeah, the modular approach might be neat, but it also increases the number of things you have to maintain. The questions that should be asked, though, at least in my opinion, would be 'What do I gain from that?' and 'What price do I have to pay for this?'

Like I said, genitals in theory are a good addition, since it sure is fun to imagine all the stuff that can happen to them and it also increases the immersion somewhat, if you ain't got a dick or vagina no sex for you and stuff like that. But it also increases the workload tenfold if you want to make the mod compatible with most mod setups. EPOE is not the only prosthetics mod around, there's also races - who wouldn't want a few Orassans as sex slaves? - and mods that tinker with the bodies by modifying bleed/pain rate injuries cause or how likely it is to hit bodypart xyz which is something most combat overhauls like Combat Realism (which is outdated and abandoned now but a successor is already in the works) do.

There's also the possibility that a mod that's a pain to maintain and needs several patches to work with very common other mods might cause burnout for the modder. Might not be fun to release patches that need work with multiple mods. For example, if you would want to run EPOE, Orassans and Combat Extended when/if it is released, you'd need a patch that takes all those three into account. And a patch that takes every other configuration into account as well.

I'm trying to use the new def patching features to make this compatible with other mods and reduce the code complexity. I like the idea of a modular approach, but I am not the original author i am just some guy who is updating things.

I'm trying to use the new def patching features to make this compatible with other mods and reduce the code complexity. I like the idea of a modular approach, but I am not the original author i am just some guy who is updating things.

As far as I understand the new patching mechanic this only allows for compatibility for mods that try to change different attributes of the same thing, i.e. between one mod that changes, let's say, the warmup time, one mod changes the accuracy and one that changes the cooldown of the same weapon(s). I don't know if this would work with completely new things added by one mod that would conflict with other mods for the sole reason that the other mods don't take the new thing into account, so you'd still either need to incorporate the existence of other mods like EPOE into the core mod or write multiple patches for each of these conflicts.

I don't think it's possible to use xpaths to automatically patch new def entries into other mods, though I might be mistaken, of course. Still, since like you've said you're just one guy updating the mod and modders for more, uh, adult themed mods are in short supply for Rimworld, it would be best to remove all the parts that don't do much but cause lots of work to maintain. If the original author should return he of course can pick up the mod again and follow his original vision.

But of course, if cutting out parts without killing the mod in the process is something that's beyond your ability - it certainly is beyond mine - all of my points are pretty much pointless.

If you take genitals away, your fully upgraded bionic super dude is like Six Million dollar man. What's the point of having all that power, if you don't have a dick, yo? It needs that bionic penis to be slapped on.

I would say importance of genitals in Rimworld goes beyond some random combat damages. Body modifications are already core part of the game and go well withing the spirit of the game. (other mods also acknowledge this and go their ways to add them, you have bionics for pets, tails for orassans, parts for mostergirls, etc)

Since RJW original author did good job with the genital system (+other tweaks after that), you could for example: add hydraulic vagina that comfort cumslut, give microdick that guy that irks you, make girls of the colony all futas, make that sissy guy have boypussy, neuter your piratelord rival, etc etc.

Sure, most of those examples are dark, but Rimworld is god game and you are the overlord. While lovey dovey frontier colonies where you snuggle cat people are fun and giggles, there is also darker Rimworld, filled with bondage and forced bodymodificiations, where your colonists are cannibalistic slave trading raiders, lead by mad medical scientist doing horrifying experiments helpless tribal people, while funding his next gold coated bathroom upgrade with all the harvested dicks he sold to Glitterworlds.

Compatibility is problem when mods get more complex and spread out, but removing already working feature is not good. It's better try search somebody with modding talent, spare time and similar interests to do the patch, and if that doesn't work like things usually doesn't work well in life, then you'll have make sacrifices with your mod selection.

I had to drop Orassans too, shame, it was nice mod even though the cats ended most of the time dismembering my people. If they manage unify Alien framework then perhaps it eases making patches, but who knows.

ps. this might come as slightly passionate post, but no offense intended.

Let me just clear this up: I am not removing any features. Your precious penises will not be removed from this mod.

I am using the new DefPatching to inject the genital body part now and that is all I am changing with that. I also added a lot of toggles for old and new features.

Alien races should work automatically and if not i can create a patch.

Mod will be uploaded soon. Shooting for this weekend.

Let me just clear this up: I am not removing any features. Your precious penises will not be removed from this mod.

I am using the new DefPatching to inject the genital body part now and that is all I am changing with that. I also added a lot of toggles for old and new features.

Alien races should work automatically and if not i can create a patch.

Mod will be uploaded soon. Shooting for this weekend.

Thanks for your work, if you had a patreon or something I'd shoot you a 5er for the effort... 

i cant wait for this update, but when you say alien races should work do you mean with just rimjob or will they work with the pregnancy patch now too?

All I am just talking about is assigning the genital body part to all pawns. It is handled by the Def Patching system now. I have not looked at the pregnancy mod.

This is a test release

Requires Hugslib

Changes:

• Works with Alpha 17
  • Animals can play (Toggle off in config)
  • Added a couple sounds (Toggle off in config)
  • Added "cum" filth on ground after sex (Toggle off in config)
  • You can remove the "Rape Me" sticky (Toggle off in config)
  • Removed the genital body part assignment from the library and moved it to the patches. That should make it more compatible.
  • Other minor tweaks

I need help testing this and reporting bugs. Please use this on a copy of your save game, or a new save. I have not seen it break any saves yet but you have been warned.

I realized after i uploaded that I forgot to toggle the comfort prisoner sticky back on. You will have to edit the config file.

RJW.zip