WickedWhims not working ?

hhhwhy455

i downloaded wickedwhims along with other optional mods for it. some work, but after not being able to do anything but normal woohoo-ing, i wondered what the problem was. i watched a video- the person brought up a menu by just clicking on their sim, but that menu is nowhere to be found for me. is this because of the toddler update?

Hey hhhwhy455!

Installation Mistakes
The most common mistakes happen to everybody so check them regardless of your pride and computer knowledge.
Please don't use the installer for Windows on Linux or Mac systems. It's not designed for it and you don't need it to install the game.

1. Files structure of mods is pretty strict and putting mod files into too many folders will cause the game to not find them. If your mods are in a folder that is in a folder that is in a folder that is in a folder, you most likely have to fix that. Don't do too many folders, the game can't find the files in them.

2. After every game update, you have to enable mods in settings again. Every single time when the game gets updates all of your mods get disabled. Enable them in settings.

3. Extract downloaded mods. Some of them might need to be in a ZIP or RAR files, but a lot of them require unpacking. Extract them no matter what and if they don't include a note that you shouldn't do it, then you probably should do it.

4. Multiple mods versions. If your mods folder is a mess, you probably have the same mod installed multiple times. Having WickedWhims installed twice or more is a huge mistake. Remove everything related to WickedWhims and install it again.

5. Update. Outdated mods are the most common issue when a game update occurs and you might not be even aware of it.

Hey hhhwhy455!

Installation Mistakes

The most common mistakes happen to everybody so check them regardless of your pride and computer knowledge.

Please don't use the installer for Windows on Linux or Mac systems. It's not designed for it and you don't need it to install the game.

1. Files structure of mods is pretty strict and putting mod files into too many folders will cause the game to not find them. If your mods are in a folder that is in a folder that is in a folder that is in a folder, you most likely have to fix that. Don't do too many folders, the game can't find the files in them.

2. After every game update, you have to enable mods in settings again. Every single time when the game gets updates all of your mods get disabled. Enable them in settings.

3. Extract downloaded mods. Some of them might need to be in a ZIP or RAR files, but a lot of them require unpacking. Extract them no matter what and if they don't include a note that you shouldn't do it, then you probably should do it.

4. Multiple mods versions. If your mods folder is a mess, you probably have the same mod installed multiple times. Having WickedWhims installed twice or more is a huge mistake. Remove everything related to WickedWhims and install it again.

5. Update. Outdated mods are the most common issue when a game update occurs and you might not be even aware of it.

I installed wicked whims I want to uninstall it in the game I deleted all the files in my mods folder but still wicked whims mods and scripts are still in the game. I want to uninstall the wicked whims and create another mods folder again but I don't know how to do it. Can you help me?

how to uninstall wicked whims in the game and put it in the mods again? I deleted the files in my mods folder but the mods are still in the game and I don't know what to do. :( pls help

Is Wicked Whims working on version 1.27.80.1220? I can't get mine to work for some reason!

Yes, please check the installation mistakes posted above.

I installed wicked whims I want to uninstall it in the game I deleted all the files in my mods folder but still wicked whims mods and scripts are still in the game. I want to uninstall the wicked whims and create another mods folder again but I don't know how to do it. Can you help me?

how to uninstall wicked whims in the game and put it in the mods again? I deleted the files in my mods folder but the mods are still in the game and I don't know what to do. :( pls help

Once you delete all WickedWhims files from the 'Mods' folder, that's it, it's uninstalled.

My game loads fast and perfectly fine up to the town map to select which household i want to play.

But just recently it won't load my household when I click to play with that household. 

I removed the wickedwhims mod and animations and then my households loaded and let me play again so I assumed the wickedwhims mod was the problem because everything was back to normal again. 

I've put the mod back in hoping it will work again and my households would not load when I click play again..

I'm so confused because it was working fine before and now it's not even letting me play my household.

Help?

My game loads fast and perfectly fine up to the town map to select which household i want to play.

But just recently it won't load my household when I click to play with that household. 

I removed the wickedwhims mod and animations and then my households loaded and let me play again so I assumed the wickedwhims mod was the problem because everything was back to normal again. 

I've put the mod back in hoping it will work again and my households would not load when I click play again..

I'm so confused because it was working fine before and now it's not even letting me play my household.

Help?

Try cleaning your save as explained below.

Feel free to make a new topic if you have anything else to add.

Save Clean

There is a chance that after updating or by bugs you will have issues with stuck variables. The best way to deal with them is to clean your save.

You can clean your save in two steps, but start with doing just the first step and see if that helped.

1. WickedWhims saves most extra data in external files that are not embedded withing game saves. Go to you 'saves' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves) and delete the folder called 'WickedWoohooMod'. You will lose all your settings related to WickedWhims and some extra data, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

2. Some extra data is saved using in-game systems. You can clean that by removing WickedWhims from your 'Mods' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods), turning the game on and saving it. Saving the game without mods installed will remove any extra data that is not needed anymore. You will lose all of your WickedWhims content like skills, buffs and traits, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

Help?

Try cleaning your save as explained below.

Feel free to make a new topic if you have anything else to add.

Save Clean

There is a chance that after updating or by bugs you will have issues with stuck variables. The best way to deal with them is to clean your save.

You can clean your save in two steps, but start with doing just the first step and see if that helped.

1. WickedWhims saves most extra data in external files that are not embedded withing game saves. Go to you 'saves' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves) and delete the folder called 'WickedWoohooMod'. You will lose all your settings related to WickedWhims and some extra data, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

2. Some extra data is saved using in-game systems. You can clean that by removing WickedWhims from your 'Mods' folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods), turning the game on and saving it. Saving the game without mods installed will remove any extra data that is not needed anymore. You will lose all of your WickedWhims content like skills, buffs and traits, but that should help with possibly stuck variables preventing using the mod.

I did that already and still nothing. Although I explored further to try and figure out my problem on why it won't work for me anymore. 

I moved my mods folder, saves, tray to my desktop < Deleted the whole Sims 4 folder from the electronics art folder in documents > Started the game and then exited the game so it made a new sims 4 folder in the electronic arts folder in documents. 

I then only moved the whickedwhims mod and the animations into the mods folder > Started the game > Made a quick random family with no custom content installed whatsoever just to test > Moved the random household in and clicked to play and it loaded as normal and the whickedwhims mod and animations worked. 

I then put my mods folder back in the sims 4 mods folder, leaving out my tray folder and saves to see if it could possibly be a mod interfering with the whickedwhims mod. 

I started the game again > loaded as normal > clicked to play the random household I made and it was just stuck on the loading screen again. So now, I assume it's a mod I have that is interfering with the whickedwhims mod. 

I will be looking into further but with the amount of mods I have it may take a while. As without the whickedwhims mod in my game all the mods i do have load and I have no problems at all. It's definitely something I've recently downloaded...But still, I've downloaded quite a lot of new custom content.

EDITED!!!

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!!!! AND GOT IT WORKING AGAIN!!!

I removed the "Stop Random Flirting" mod I had here > http://modthesims.info/d/579848

I also then put my tray folder and saves folder back in and started the game. 

I clicked to play my usually household and it loaded and whickedwhims mod is now working! So I assume that whickedwhims and "Stop Random Flirting" mod interferes with one another! 

I just thought i'd put this out there in case anyone else has the problems I did. 

Thank you for the advice though. And happy woohooing. :D

Hi, van you help me? I want to install the wickedwhims mod, but I don't now what I am doing wrong:( I unpacked the mods put them not to far in my finder ( I'm a mac user, it seems that mac users have more issues), I put them right into my mods folder, and made a backup. When I open the game, the mods is in the mod list, at the right places. I also turnt script mods on. When I start playing a family, I even got a message (twice) from wickedwhims, but my problem is, that whatever I try to ficks it, the wicked icon won't show up. I really don't now what I'm doing wrong, because all the athor things will work, like CAS stuff.

I have install the mod an some others to, but now my sims can not flirt with one og another. hey simple just make a lille glitch jumpe an just stands der an smiles but here relation ships don't go up at all, an i have troble were my sims stops doing stop doing what they are doing an teleports away, normale to another room or right next to the opbejet they were using. 

HI can someone help me , i have the cracked version 1.25 and it worked well with the base game , now i installed "get to work" and it does not work , i see it on start up screen and script mods are enabled but in game its not there . what do i need to do

My problem is very confusing. I have the March update to WW and I have sex animations where they should be in the mods folder, but in game, none of the animations show up. all I can do are the vanilla animations that came with WW. I can make out and reverse cowgirl and thats all.

For some reason script mods don't show up as script mods in my game anymore. Another thing is that the wicked whims option isn't showing up. I deleted everything related to it in my mods folder, and re-installed, it still does not come up in my game. turbo driver shows up in my CC list in the begining of my game, but the script mod doesnt.

Note that I will note be helping anybody in this topic, that's not how Technical Support forum works, you need to look for an existing topic that may help you or create your own one. I don't want to add to the mess of multiple people having different problems in one topic.
Most of installation problems are covered by instructions below.

Installation Mistakes

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hhhwhy455!

Installation Mistakes

I'm completely lost at this point I looked at YouTube videos and still can't seem to get anything right! I downloaded wicked whims and animations and put everything in my mods. There's like 28 new update animations as of March 2017 I even have winrar downloaded and as I log into my sims 4 game all the animations don't pop up and into the game it only allows one sexual position I'm struggling

Archived