screens:

priest.jpg
dancer.jpg
thrall.jpg
medium_leather.jpg
exile_light.jpg
darfari.jpgheavy.jpg
blackhand.jpg

Attention: this is work in progress, some meshes are not finished and have some issues.

I am not a 3D modelling expert, never really edited game meshes before (Done some animations for Lovers PK and SexoutNG and basic 3D models back in university like 10 years ago). So if you have any advices or suggestions, you are more than welcome to post in this thread or pm me.
I am planning to edit all the armors and clothes in the game, at least for female characters.

Also I will attempt to stick to Conan lore and common sense, for example, dancers, priests (Set, Derketo) are supposed to dress almost to no clothes and their clothing should be very revealing. Labourers, melee warriors with heavy armor are supposed to be more covered. Anyway, I will post as resource vanilla armores already rigged and weight painted to a nude body and skeleton structure ready to be imported into the game. So you should be able to edit meshes yourself according to your taste without much hussle, just vertices and triangles editing.
Technique I use to edit armors.

Installation:

Choose your mod, you will need only one .pak file. 
Unpack and put .pak file into ../Steam/steamapps/common/Conan Exiles/ConanSandbox/Mods/

List of skimpy armors:

-Set Priest [skirt broken by update.Removed from mod until devkit is updated]
-Zamorian Dancer [done]
-Worker thrall [done]
-Studded leather [done]
-Exile Light Cloth [done]
-Heavy Plated Leather [done]
-Drafari Skin Vest [done]
-Blackhand Vest [clipping testing.unfinished]

Changelog:

0.5 Removed "recompute tangents" option from meshes, added Darfari skin vest, added Heavy Plated leather (T3), added Blackhand vest, reworked armors with new female upperbody mesh,

0.4 Removed Set Priest skirt (update changed textures for it, devkit assets were not updated yet). Fixed zamorian dancer. Added Studded Leather(T2) and Light Clothing (T1). Trying Recompute Tangents on meshes now in attempt to affect seams (thus size reduction of the file and longer load time first time you update the mod).

0.3 Zamorian dancer and Worker thrall armors added.

0.2 - Further reduction in seams, finished lower part of Set priest armor, reworked Upper part: added rings and attached chains to the nipples.

0.11 - Fixed lowerbody seam, and now have a slight neck seam. Fuck my life.. Cleaned up the rest of the clothing and adjusted armband.

0.1 - initial release.

Known issues:

-Slight seams.

To Do List:

-Work the rest of the armors
-Get the nvidia apex plugin and learn how to create apex clothing
-Get rid of seams

If you find any bugs or have suggestions, please post them in this thread. Also, I would like to know how the mesh behaves with different tones of skin.

Also, if you have any suggestions on how to get rid of those seams, please let me know.

Permissions:
You can do whatever you like with this mod.
I uploaded source files (fbx, maya meshes and active folder). So you can use those meshes in your mod pack or even if you are feeling brave, upload it to steam workshop. Just credit me if you feel like it. Or don't, I don't really care. I will update source files when I release the next version of the mod.

Latest version of the mod(2.8) updated by Kargrin
Source-0.5.1.7z

Mod request;

Can you please make hide helmet, mask mod? I would like to see my characters face and hair rather than a band or helmet. Best luck with modding.

You mean something like this? (with hair, obviously)

ce_scrn17.jpg

Exactly. If its too hard perhaps making helmets completly invisible may work too. I always would love to see hair of my female character rather than a stupid iron helmet you know :)

Exactly. If its too hard perhaps making helmets completly invisible may work too. I always would love to see hair of my female character rather than a stupid iron helmet you know :)

Well, the mesh editing part is easy, especially when ingame mesh doesnt have bodyparts attached to them. Edited that mesh in 5 minutes. Now making hair visible is something that I don't know how to do ;( The game equips/unequips hair when an item with slottype "helmet" is equipped/unequipped. And I can't find where that slottype is assigned to the item ;/ I mean I can make helmets equipping in hands slot, but the game still recognize it as a helmet and hides hair. Making them invisible won't help.

So yeah, I don't know how the game knows if the item equipped is a helmet and where that variable CharacterBodySlotsEnum comes from ;/

ce_scrn1.jpg

That would be cool.

Have you cheked if the male nipple piercing works witht the female body? Sadly there is no piercing ring under the armor =/

Using the male version won't work straight away, male nipples are not situated quite where female nipples are (thus longer chain, different weight painting, etc). It would be easier to attach rings from male version to already done female version. In last version I attached chains to areola area and it doesnt look weird anymore, but yeah I guess I will add rings later on, once I figure out what to do with neckseam and lowerbody mismatch (normal maps or UVs are fucked during fbx export or import). Or maybe its smoothining groups, I don't really know. It happens even if you don't modify the mesh ;/

ce_scrn16.jpg

ce_scrn2.jpg

Well, the mesh editing part is easy, especially when ingame mesh doesnt have bodyparts attached to them. Edited that mesh in 5 minutes. Now making hair visible is something that I don't know how to do ;( The game equips/unequips hair when an item with slottype "helmet" is equipped/unequipped. And I can't find where that slottype is assigned to the item ;/ I mean I can make helmets equipping in hands slot, but the game still recognize it as a helmet and hides hair. Making them invisible won't help.

So yeah, I don't know how the game knows if the item equipped is a helmet and where that variable CharacterBodySlotsEnum comes from ;/

ce_scrn1.jpg

That would be cool.

Have you cheked if the male nipple piercing works witht the female body? Sadly there is no piercing ring under the armor =/

Using the male version won't work straight away, male nipples are not situated quite where female nipples are (thus longer chain, different weight painting, etc). It would be easier to attach rings from male version to already done female version. In last version I attached chains to areola area and it doesnt look weird anymore, but yeah I guess I will add rings later on, once I figure out what to do with neckseam and lowerbody mismatch (normal maps or UVs are fucked during fbx export or import). Or maybe its smoothining groups, I don't really know. It happens even if you don't modify the mesh ;/

ce_scrn16.jpg

ce_scrn2.jpg

Oh nvm, I din't check the new version, thats good enough!

Imo you can get deeper into that armor modding with a guy on steam, modder name is TonboSP

Found a way to make helmets invisible and keeping the hair. It's kinda wonky though. If you activate the mod when your character already has a helmet equipped you will be stuck with that helmet even if you unequip it..So make sure you unequip your helmet before you activate and install the mod. Later will try to make a masked version of helmets with hair (once I find out how to disable or work around the remove_hair_if_its_helmet  trigger).

helmets.jpg

Installation: 

Before installing the mod, make sure your character has nothing equipped on the head slot. Unzip and place .pak file into your ../Steam/steamapps/common/Conan Exiles/ConanSandbox/Mods/ folder. Make sure the path to mod is listed in modlist.txt

Known issues:

Permanent helmet if you activate the mod with your helmet equipped.

Also I would like to know how equip/unequip helmets on other players will behave on online server (I don't play online much...)

helmets_redux.7z

Found a way to make helmets invisible and keeping the hair. It's kinda wonky though. If you activate the mod when your character already has a helmet equipped you will be stuck with that helmet even if you unequip it..So make sure you unequip your helmet before you activate and install the mod. Later will try to make a masked version of helmets with hair (once I find out how to disable or work around the remove_hair_if_its_helmet  trigger).

helmets.jpg

Installation: 

Before installing the mod, make sure your character has nothing equipped on the head slot. Unzip and place .pak file into your ../Steam/steamapps/common/Conan Exiles/ConanSandbox/Mods/ folder. Make sure the path to mod is listed in modlist.txt

Known issues:

Permanent helmet if you activate the mod with your helmet equipped.

Also I would like to know how equip/unequip helmets on other players will behave on online server (I don't play online much...)

attachicon.gifhelmets_redux.7z

Great job mate thank you :)

r6Wr81.jpg

Checked works perfect.

Have you tried using other .fbx files as outfits (Fallout or skyrim for instance?

Idk, maybe exporting the full nude body and using an outsider mesh

Probably won't work because of the skeleton/weight painting..?

There is no full nude body.. It's upperbody,lowerbody, hands, feet and lots of heads (each head variation is a separate mesh). So you'd have to separate, bind to funcom skeleton for upperbody,lowerbody,hands,head, weightpaint new meshes, convert textures to material. Then create cloth physics for each piece (You need a 3Ds Max 2014+ and nvidia plugin for apex). Lot of work...

On the side note, I'm having a break and playing with UE animation editor. Found a way to control bone rotations via blueprints, made an erection animation and now trying to figure out how to make it play on key pressing ingame. Making animation is quite easy, you can make animation sequences with various actors. The hard part is to figure out how to call them from game...

New update, zamorian dancer and worker thrall armors added. Need feedback on thrall armor pants, is there clipping during animations? If so, please provide a screenshot. Didn't want to touch dancer skirt (it is revealing enough and physics on it are awesome, editing mesh would butcher the physics :( ) Also, can make upper body of dancer without black bra but with red shirt thingy..

dancer.jpg
thrall.jpg

Here some feed back. Dancer suit looks messed up. Priest suit need to improve a little bit but looks still good and worker dress looks perfect. Still you are doing very well. Good luck mate :)

Weird...It doesn't apply correct material to the priest skirt for some reason.. Just checked it in my solo game and it looks fine. Are you playing solo or online? And as for dancer, did you spawn it via console? Cause it's not supposed to be a wearable armor by players, only for thralls. On my thrall it isn't messed up. Will look into it.

Here some feed back. Dancer suit looks messed up. Priest suit need to improve a little bit but looks still good and worker dress looks perfect. Still you are doing very well. Good luck mate :)

Weird...It doesn't apply correct material to the priest skirt for some reason.. Just checked it in my solo game and it looks fine. Are you playing solo or online? And as for dancer, did you spawn it via console? Cause it's not supposed to be a wearable armor by players, only for thralls. On my thrall it isn't messed up. Will look into it.

Playing solo. I've spawned dancer suit from admin panel. Priest suit and worker suit is hand crafted. I believe perhaps last patch changed some things. Priest suit is no longer purple. its white now.

Edit: I have uninstalled all other mods except shaved oiled skin from steam workshop. Did you try it with this mod? 

Seams are annoying, other than that good work. Looking forward to the future versions :D

Yeah, but nothing I can do about them until someone comes up with a bodyreplacer :( FBX export from Unreal Engine is a bitch.

Btw, last patch changed materials, this is why Set armor is broken now :/ Need to wait for devkit update to fix it..

Archived