DOA Kitty Straps for MedBod and Accessory Cat Ears

View File

• This CC is offered completely free
  • You’re allowed to modify it in any way, shape or form imaginable; asking me for permission is not necessary
  • I don’t take requests nor commissions

Details:

• Base game compatible
  • For young adult and adult femsims
  • Located in the Body category, ears on Accessory/Earrings slot
  • Enabled for naked, everyday, sleepwear, formalwear, career, outwear and validformaternity
  • Disabled for random sims
  • All LODs and morphs
  • Polycount: 7100 something (Ears: 348)
  • 4 color channels (Ears: 1)
  • Only available in .package format
  • Version with Cmar’s 3D nipples and Barbie Boobs included (you can use both simultaneously)

Defects:

• Straps look “weird” on CAS, in-game looks fine
  • Colors are a little tricky specially on the tail
  • Wasn’t able to adapt them 100% to the sims body, hopefully you don’t have a fetish for perfectly adapted CC
  • Textures on the cat ears look blurry
  • The tail will clip with chairs, beds and related
  • Also clipping and some deformation on some custom animations and poses
  • On my game I detected a very slight slowdown while using this CC, remember my setup is far from common and my PC is low-end at best so chances are you’re not going to notice any problem, just be aware it might happen
  • The tail looks a little bit short

Notes:

• Straps, tail and ears converted from Dead or Alive 5
  • The idea is using it in combination with accessory lingerie (like this one and future releases) because adapting the original catsuit or even my own was too much effort
  • Can this be converted to an accessory? Yes, but, the game engine threats accessory textures different and make them look blurry and accessories with morphs interfere with the majority of the Impossible Heels (also with some of MrAntonieddu shoes, Madlen’s seems unaffected)
  • Can this be moved to the default body? Yes, is just a matter of deleting MedBod’s top and bottom and replace it with whatever you want then reassign bones and probably make a couple of adjustment to the morphs, obviously you need to be completely familiarized with TS3 mod tools before attempting but the bulk of the job is already done, good luck!
  • MedBod latest version used

Credits:

• Portions of this CC are property of KOEI Tecmo

Thanks once again, JoshQ... you make some of the best sexy custom clothing and we're lucky to have you as a contributor.  All of your hard work is most appreciated.

Maybe some day if you feel like it, you could type up some basic how-to's for others who want to get into the same craft.  I played around with making a few simple clothing alterations some time ago but was only semi-successful.  I'm sure we could all benefit from your experience.

Thanks once again, JoshQ... you make some of the best sexy custom clothing and we're lucky to have you as a contributor.  All of your hard work is most appreciated.

Maybe some day if you feel like it, you could type up some basic how-to's for others who want to get into the same craft.  I played around with making a few simple clothing alterations some time ago but was only semi-successful.  I'm sure we could all benefit from your experience.

​Thanks! Once I tried to write a complete guide but it turned into a chore very quickly (english is not my first language so writing can become a tedious process, also that time the whole forum crashed and burn but I don't want to remember it tongue.png ).

It would be easier for me if you tell me where do you need help, that way I can concentrate in explaining one or two concepts instead of the whole process.

Well one thing I've always wanted to see more of in-game is 'half-off' clothes... shirts pulled up over breasts, skirts pulled up, etc.  From what I remember it's tricky because you're basically working with 2 meshes... the nude mesh for half of the item and a modified clothing mesh for the other.  Any thoughts on how you would approach a project like that?

Well one thing I've always wanted to see more of in-game is 'half-off' clothes... shirts pulled up over breasts, skirts pulled up, etc.  From what I remember it's tricky because you're basically working with 2 meshes... the nude mesh for half of the item and a modified clothing mesh for the other.  Any thoughts on how you would approach a project like that?

There’s one way of doing it but it requires not using custom sliders, at all. Why? When you create a piece of clothing, like a corset or a pulldown bra you need to copy the bones values (or bone painting, bone assignments, etc) directly from the sims body or a similar garment using TS3Workshop or Cmar’s MeshToolkit. Those values were created with the original body proportions so anytime you use a slider even slightly you will see clipping most of the time.

The solution like I said is avoiding using sliders or manually edit the bone values for every single vertex from your clothes to compensate for the change; the “lazy” approach is not to touch “problematic” body parts namely the shoulders, boobs, tush and upper legs. That’s what I did on the majority of my releases with some exceptions, for those pieces I partially deleted the boobs/buttocks inside the clothes to avoid clipping to a degree. Manually editing bones is something I still need to learn (thank Jebus I don’t need it to make texture lingerie/impossible heels).

I’ve never done pulldown panties before but I had an idea of how it might work, I used the area EA utilizes to cover the bottom of a skirt that one already looks like inverted panties (with some imagination of course tongue.png ).

post-535934-0-52776600-1487220384_thumb.png

So I just moved every vertex inside the perimeter until I had something like this:

post-535934-0-21465300-1487220676_thumb.png

Then I made a duplicate to create the internal face otherwise the panties interior won’t appear in-game, but also both meshes can’t share the same position so the easiest way is to select your duplicate and scale them back by a factor of .001%, that means I scaled them on the X-Y-Z axis by .999

post-535934-0-89575200-1487220506_thumb.png

Then you have to select that group and in the “Face” menu select “Reverse Vertex Order” then go to the “Vertex” menu and select “Align Normals” (plugin located here), now the panties has faces in the interior and exterior.

The rest of the steps are creating a .wso to copy bones and morphs using Meshtoolkit, fixing the fat morphs that always has problems with warped vertices. That’s how far I went on the files I’m sharing below, I didn’t make proper textures and the mesh still needs lots of refinement but hopefully can be used as reference, do whatever you want with them.

post-535934-0-63444500-1487220550_thumb.png

pantsu.zip