Managing skyrim mods in SE with MO

I recently installed SSE and MO for it, and while starting to download mods, I came across the problem that MO won't open nexus links for regular skyrim mods with "download with NMM" link button; I fiddled with it a bit and managed to make it open them, but now it gives me an error message that this instance of MO is set for SSE.

Is there a way to bypass this? To have your MO set for SE and still download mods from nexus for the old skyrim with MO, I mean, I know that there will be mods compatible between the 2, but at the same time there are a ton that are generic, like textures. 

Just to clarify, I only have SE, but I would want MO to download mods for regular skyrim too; I know I can just download them manually to the same folder and install normally, but if there's a way to download with MO both types of mods I would like that.

I recently installed SSE and MO for it, and while starting to download mods, I came across the problem that MO won't open nexus links for regular skyrim mods with "download with NMM" link button; I fiddled with it a bit and managed to make it open them, but now it gives me an error message that this instance of MO is set for SSE.

Is there a way to bypass this? To have your MO set for SE and still download mods from nexus for the old skyrim with MO, I mean, I know that there will be mods compatible between the 2, but at the same time there are a ton that are generic, like textures. 

Just to clarify, I only have SE, but I would want MO to download mods for regular skyrim too; I know I can just download them manually to the same folder and install normally, but if there's a way to download with MO both types of mods I would like that.

I think you mean Mod Organizer 2?

Mod Organizer 1.x is not compatible with Skyrim SE.

Mod Organizer 2.x is not properly compatible with Skyrim LE.

You can use MO 1.3.11 for Skyrim LE, while you use MO 2.x series for 64bit games (Skyrim SE, Fallout 4.)

Note that MO 2.x is not yet fully functional with all Skyrim SE issues. LePresidente's team is working with it a closing issues quite fast, but there are still issues to iron out. It currently works quite fell for FO4.

I any case, your instance is indeed set for Skyrim SE. You would have to create another instance for Skyrim LE for MO2 to work (in case it would properly work with LE, which it doesn't.) Or, you can just ignore the whole (somewhat buggy) feature entirely and install MO as standalone directly to your game folders. It currently seems to work best that way.

Archived