3DS Max texturing problem

Xpyke

Guys, here's the problem, I have this daz model exported with FBX and exported in Alembic, both seems the same but when I apply the material that came with the FBX on the model that came from the Alembic this shit happens:

Models:

b99bc9c8160b399a579f8011552378ca.png

Problem:

995f887b68b301e96b6ef38b706b48f5.png

Material:

175c983e9f18b9580d4c9e6b1ec40158.png

The one on the left is the alembic version, the one on the right is the FBX, and the other screenshot is the material that came with the FBX.

Does someone know how do I copy the texture coordinates from one model to the other? I tried to save the UVW map but it didn't have any effect when I loaded...

I have done a lot of texturing DAZ stuff just not through 3dmax. For me I always used a .OBJ file the once formed the way that I wanted it in outit studios I would export it out then add the texture files to whatever path I wanted. Can you export both in nif form? If you can export both in nif form then you can load up the one and right click the BSLightingShaderProperty line for each item 1 at a time and go block - copy branch then load the other nif right click the old BSLightingShaderProperty and go block - remove branch.

Next either click the armor or right click the NiTriShape line for the item and go to block - paste branch. Now you will have the BSLightingShaderProperty and BSShaderTextureSet from the one now in the other one.

I have done a lot of texturing DAZ stuff just not through 3dmax. For me I always used a .OBJ file the once formed the way that I wanted it in outit studios I would export it out then add the texture files to whatever path I wanted. Can you export both in nif form? If you can export both in nif form then you can load up the one and right click the BSLightingShaderProperty line for each item 1 at a time and go block - copy branch then load the other nif right click the old BSLightingShaderProperty and go block - remove branch.

Next either click the armor or right click the NiTriShape line for the item and go to block - paste branch. Now you will have the BSLightingShaderProperty and BSShaderTextureSet from the one now in the other one.

After a lot of banging my head against the keyboard I found out the problem, for some odd reason Alembic export the materials' IDs changed, so I just redid them and everything worked, I'll close this support request but thanks for the information anyway, it's always good to have alternatives.

Your welcome I have had similar problems before with outfit studio. I'll do everything get the .OBJ parts where they need to be scale them and weight paint them. But when I would get to adding the textures the parts were ass backwards. I would add the texture paths for the top and the ass part would texture instead. So I would have to go through and find out which ones were bad because if there is one then there will be another one or more. But deleting out the old  BSLightingShaderProperty and pasting in a new one fixed it.

*Note

Do not use a bodies BSLightingShaderProperty line unless it's for a body because the body one has different texture paths then the armor ones.

Archived