sims 3 crash

DustyK

I have search every where for solution in regard to this crash, and tried almost all solutions i have found, but i just cannot solve this crash. This only occurs after a new game has been played for a while, meaning some amount of in game time has passed. It occurs regardless of maps.

[system info]
Computer name: DESKTOP-N0H3T4S
Computer DNS name: DESKTOP-N0H3T4S
User name:
EA_PLATFORM: Windows on X86
OS name: Windows Vista
OS version number: 6.2.9200
OS service pack: 
Debugger present: no
CPU count: 8
Processor type: x86
Processor level: 6
Processor revision: 10759
Memory load: 62%
Total physical memory: 16351 Mb
Available physical memory: 6146 Mb
Total page file memory: 21131 Mb
Available page file memory: 4657 Mb
Total virtual memory: 4095 Mb
Free virtual memory: 1760 Mb

[Application info]
Language: C++
Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ compiler, version 1400
App path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
App version: 0.0.0.32

[Exception info]
date: 2017-02-08
time: 03.00.55
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x000003fc
address: 0x005c6e07 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x001c5e07

Any tip would be greatly appreciated. So far i have tried reinstalled, deleting cache, adjust DEP setting.
I have not tried running without CC, but i have KW, Nrass, and several clothes and hair styles installed.

ACCESS_VIOLATION can be Bad CC

One of your mods has some bad or broken code from a botched download and bounced the game pretty hard.

It can also be caused by an outdated script or tuning mod basically it's hammering you're processor and sometimes eating up you're RAM and if you have Win 10 make sure to disable One Drive from accessing the Sims 3

One of your mods has some bad or broken code from a botched download and bounced the game pretty hard.

It can also be caused by an outdated script or tuning mod basically it's hammering you're processor and sometimes eating up you're RAM and if you have Win 10 make sure to disable One Drive from accessing the Sims 3

thanks for the reply. on bad cc, i got my mods all from top download of TSR, Nrass, and KW. I dont have any mods from any other source, could there still be a problem? 

i have monitored ram usage, and it usually hover around 1.8gb-2.0, and i have 16gb currently so i dont think thats the problem. 

I will try the one drive setting and see if that helps.

Per your CC suggestion i went to TSR and checked every download's comment, and i think i have found the culprit. Will try and report back.

thanks for the reply. on bad cc, i got my mods all from top download of TSR, Nrass, and KW. I dont have any mods from any other source, could there still be a problem? 

i have monitored ram usage, and it usually hover around 1.8gb-2.0, and i have 16gb currently so i dont think thats the problem. 

I will try the one drive setting and see if that helps.

Per your CC suggestion i went to TSR and checked every download's comment, and i think i have found the culprit. Will try and report back.

TSR yeah sometimes some bad stuff gets on there but not as bad as it used to be. You can re-download the mods you got for KW and Nraas just in case something funky happened during the download.

I also just learned that an old game bug that tends too also cause this may be at work too but that would only happen rarely but if this is happening frequently look to CC and mods, some versions of KW has been known to crash the game but I'm unsure of which ones do it

It could be a sims4 cc that has snuck its way into the game. Try delphys dashboard on your cc- packages to see if you get an error there. I`ve also heard of a similar error due to cc that was decrappified, slowly corrupting savegames etc. So i would suggest as said earlier to carefully go through your cc.

I`ve also heard of a similar error due to cc that was decrappified, slowly corrupting savegames etc. So i would suggest as said earlier to carefully go through your cc.

Good point but that would only happen if he/she had the exact same Sims 3 Store item and/or CC item also installed with the decrapped item giving them duplicated items but still worth looking into.

Archived