To be, or not to be...a guy in Skyrim.

MsOtaku

Long thread.. therefore I must interject with my own opinions so that all of you can promptly ignore it as you scroll to the end to put in your own 2 cents =p

It comes down to perspective.   

IF you are playing AS your character.. then you want to be of the gender that you identify as at the moment that you are creating your character..  

IF you are playing as an onlooker, AND you want the narration to be about someone you find attractive,  then you want the character to be of a sex that you are attracted to.

IF you are observing the game as a story,  then you should decide who and what the story is about and play as that.

IF you are still reading this.. my opinions are just as useless as any other opinions.. move along and post your own already!

Good day.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

ETA: (DISCLAIMER: yes.. I said sir.. regardless of your gender..  my pronouns identify as male.  If you object, then it is a total giveaway!  Did you hear that?  Did you hear that eh?  That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing my pronouns? You saw him, didn't you!?  HELP HELP MY PRONOUNS ARE BEING REPRESSED!  ok i'll stop.)

This disclaimer has been placed under arrest because it is silly.  Move along, nothing to see here.

Long thread.. therefore I must interject with my own opinions so that all of you can promptly ignore it as you scroll to the end to put in your own 2 cents =p

IF you are playing AS your character.. then you want to be of the gender that you identify as at the moment that you are creating your character..  

IF you are playing as an onlooker, AND you want the narration to be about someone you find attractive,  then you want the character to be of a sex that you are attracted to.

IF you are observing the game as a story,  then you should decide who and what the story is about and play as that.

IF you are still reading this.. my opinions are just as useless as any other opinions.. move along and post your own already!

Good day.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

Excellent post.  I always try to make up a story (or at least the beginning of one) before starting a game, and flesh it out (so to speak) as I play.  So I'm in your 3rd category, with a bit of the second thrown in.

I have to agree as well, mainly cuz as i said some posts back, i play because i'm observing a storyline, so i figured, ive already got two hulking strong Elf Warrior characters, i need a woman character, which all go along with my own private fanfiction.

Well, Pronouns being male centered, its not as if you can say "Dear" and get away with it if you're trying to refer to women. I've done this IRL to people like the grocery store clerk, bus drivers and fellow female classmates, and i always get weird stares like i'm a time traveller from the 50's or something. I know that somewhere in America this is ok and very common, but where i live, its not lol.

I have created and played what seems like a billion-gazillion Skyrim characters since 2011 (when the game was released), some male, female, and some a mix between the two. My male PC's are always super evil though now that I think about it...>Wonder if that says something about me lol! Either way, it's not a terribly big deal at the end of the day. Just make one and play it for as long or as short as you like. :)

The main thought here is who and where the video games are designed and the work cultures around them.

I'm willing to think that Game designing companies are a little more gender even when they hire and that their staffs are generally diverse racially and evenly divided gender wise.

Yet living right next to Silcon Valley and viewing the kinds of people that work in the big tech firms, if its any similarity, just doesn't convince me that the sexuality aspects of most of our games that are specifically like Skyrim will be changed any time soon.(Or games generally dealing with male female outside of a vague Overwatch style gameplay) 

I'm going to throw out some baseless assumptions because that's all I have the time for right now.

Without numbers, I've heard that many "white males" in the Silicon valley are more asian than standard european white, and this is evidence of anti-asian bias and proof they've succeeded enough to not be counted as minorities.

I also saw a survey a few years ago that said, accounting for all people that played any kind of computerized game, the most common ( or average, I don't remember what terms and methodology they used) person that played a computer game was a 45 or 50 year old female.

Oh, boy.... The two of you are talking about development companies, demographics, and the overall age of gamers. Sex sells. This isn't just about games, it's everywhere and I'm not going to write a dissertation on why ANY company will use attractive people to sell their products to us. We like attractive things. And in this case, we like attractive characters - I love attractive environments within my game, that's no surprise to anyone that knows me here, but let's just focus on aesthetically pleasing looking characters withing Skyrim. 

Now, TES game series is not known for being the most beautiful. I always played in first person because no matter what PC I chose from the presets they were always ugly in my eyes. So I picked males so they could carry more loot. Skyrim was the first TES game I modded and of course I wanted to make it gorgeous. I'm not a male game developer, but I still wanted to make my female PCs as realistic and gorgeous as possible. I play in third person and love to look at my characters. So to my understanding, the majority of mod creators do not work for video game companies for a living. It's just a hobby. I'm sure there are many mod creators that very well may work as game developers, but I can't say for sure. So if we're talking about the average Joe or Jane making mods for Skyrim, they are either making mods to help the game run smoother or making mods to make the game more beautiful. Big game development companies did not release mods for sale to beautify our game, gamers created and released them for free - well some do charge, but it's rare to find one that does. My point in this ramble is that we, the gamers, made Skyrim beautiful, not companies in Silicon Valley. Skyrim was released as is with some patches and DLC, but nothing to make it prettier or the PC's overly sexualized. That was the gaming community.

In regards to the average age of the players and their sex.... I have met teenagers as young as 13 playing MMORPGs to people in their mid to late 50's. I've been in many guilds and there were always teens, young adults, adults, and I guess you can call them seniors, in the guilds I was in. I stayed away from the all teen guilds - too annoying - so I looked for guilds with mature people in them, it didn't matter what their age was as long as the younglings didn't act childish. I can say that there were always more men than women in these guilds and the female ages were mid twenties to forties. I can't say that I have ever run into a young teen girl in an MMORPG. But then again, I can't say for sure since I didn't get on Vent with everyone in game. On gaming forums I found that the ages of people (those who revealed their sex and age) were/are about the same as the guilds I was in - young teens to mid fifties. I did find that the younger the gamer was the more likely that the person was male. Female gamers that I have met on gaming forums tend to be in their mid 20's to late 30's and if they are older, some won't say. A lot of ladies don't like to share their age. And that could be for a lot of reasons so don't be so quick to judge, some may feel that if they are young and engage in a discussion they will be dismissed for being "too young" to understand a reference, etc. or they are trying to avoid attracting unwanted attention from guys that are looking to get chatty with a young girl. There are dozens of reasons and it shouldn't be an issue.

I remember seeing the Cataclysm character alpha shots and thinking "if that's their answer to what lies behind the Greymane Wall I think I'm finally done". Blizzard used to be pretty good at delivering a pleasing brew of dark themes with Don Bluth/Dragons Lair sorta aesthetics but they seemed to be lurching ever further into outright Disney theme park territory (MoP - prosecution rests). After playing it for a bit I realised I just wasn't their intended audience any more. 

In Wow I had a pretty even mix of male and female characters on the go, mainly because there were some animation and aesthetic disparities across race and gender choices (NE males moved like hulking silverbacks, the females were genuinely graceful). I raided on RP servers, we only ever used TeamSpeak when were learning things. So most of the time I was well in character regardless of gender and could sell it to my fellows quite well. I even had the odd romance both as a female and a male (not the Goldshire sort though).

Skyrim's a very different prospect right? It's offline so there are no house rules, no online community to fit in with.  I'm modding the hell out of it, it's more mature and dark than it would be otherwise, and while sex isn't remotely a focus of my general gameplay, I like it to be always a possibility, and sometimes for some characters (vampires, spies) it's part of their arsenal . But I have found I'm just not at all keen on being a sexually conquering male, no matter how deep I dig I find it's just beyond me to roleplay effectively, so I end up feeling unattached, a voyeur. I don't want to be one of those, so that's basically why I hardly ever play as a male.

Cata was awful and I wanted to break things when Pandaria was announced. And yes, I have compared the look of the game to "Disney" many times myself. WoW went from something really fun to just outright ridiculous. I had such high hopes for Draenor, but the look of the game added with the damn garrisons was too much for me. It was all very ridiculous and killing end-content raid bosses felt so anticlimactic. Well, it had been feeling that way since Cata IMO.

I absolutely agree with your post and I will admit that I had a romance, too. Since I was Horde I was spared Goldshire. ;)

I stayed in WoW despite my growing hate for it because I developed very close friendships over the years (and the romance) and very much looked forward to raid nights. Not so much any more for taking down a boss or clearing a wing, but the giddiness of being on Vent with my guildmates and friends - joking, chatting, sharing things about our week, etc. It was hard to say "goodbye" to that and I still miss it very much to this day. But there was no point in paying a monthly sub to play a game I hated just so I could chat with my friends. I tried other MMORPGs with them, but it never lasted and we weren't happy. Yes, GW2 and FFXIV are way more aesthetically pleasing than WoW, but it wasn't enough. 

Skyrim is a perfect escape and game for me. As you mentioned, "...there are no house rules, no online community to fit in with." I can do what I want and RP. And with so many mods out there I can make the game as different as I want so it won't feel repetitive. In regards to playing as the "conquering male," I always go down that route and always feel so unsatisfied in the end. I don't know why I went out of my way to tweak my mods so that my male PC could do such horrible things when after it was done it left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I'd end up deleting that character after a short playthrough. I just can't seem to play male characters any other way. I may start off with good intentions, but it always ends the same way and then I just end up feeling bad. I'll just stick to playing female PCs. Some are nice and some are soulless bitches, but whichever I choose to play doesn't make me feel down about myself when killing foes.

Well. I'll be honest. I don't like playing a male because they are usually pretty boring. I mean most guys are as dumb as a fucking box o rocks. They also are always trying to fuck each other over to gain something which makes them very predictable. Its almost always a power trip with them with a few notable exceptions. I'm not saying this is fact- I'm saying this is how I see it.

Women on the other hand seem to be more free and easy, live and let live. Girls are usually not out to prove anything- to use a cliché; girls just want to have fun. This is why I like playing females. I mean besides the obvious reasons there is much about the female of the species to be admired.

I think what it might come down to is how much of yourself you project onto your char. Though some people say that is a fuckin silly idea. ;)

Well, it depends on how you play your character. Or at least that's how I see it. You could play a dumb female PC that stabs foes with the non-pointy end of her sword or dagger. Or you could play a very intelligent and stealthy male. One who avoids setting off traps or running head first into a long dungeon with no arrows, or health/magicka potions. That's completely up to you whether you want to play an intelligent character regardless of their sex.

And there is nothing wrong with projecting oneself onto one's character. We play how we want to and screw anyone else that says otherwise.

^For the longest time man has fucked everything up and women had no power over that. Now women have a turn to fuck everything up. :P

Not possible. We women are never wrong and therefore incapable of "fucking everything up".

I play both, I have a lot different profiles, some males and some females, but in skyrim for me it's like a really immersive experience so I enjoy more playing as male, it really makes me feel part of the story.
Normally in an RPG I choose a female character because I like to see a pretty nice girl in front of me all the time, not because I feel like I'm one xD
But in games like Skyrim, with this kind of immersion I enjoy much more the male character :^)

Thank you for sharing that. :)  I also enjoy the immersion very much and a pretty face as well which is why the majority of the time I play as a female. One, because I am a girl and want to sometimes see myself in that character and two, I love to make my characters beautiful and enjoy the "beautification process" and playing dress up. ;)

Good day.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

ETA: (DISCLAIMER: yes.. I said sir.. regardless of your gender..  my pronouns identify as male.  If you object, then it is a total giveaway!  Did you hear that?  Did you hear that eh?  That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing my pronouns? You saw him, didn't you!?  HELP HELP MY PRONOUNS ARE BEING REPRESSED!  ok i'll stop.)

This disclaimer has been placed under arrest because it is silly.  Move along, nothing to see here.

Excellent post.  I always try to make up a story (or at least the beginning of one) before starting a game, and flesh it out (so to speak) as I play.  So I'm in your 3rd category, with a bit of the second thrown in.

Yes! I agree. Excellent post! Depending on the story I've created I can either be in your first or third category. Sometimes I want to be the character and do or don't do things I would or wouldn't do in regards to radiant quests and morality. The killing is part of the game and my stress reliever. :D  Other times I'm playing God and observing/controlling. Fun times.

I have created and played what seems like a billion-gazillion Skyrim characters since 2011 (when the game was released), some male, female, and some a mix between the two. My male PC's are always super evil though now that I think about it...>Wonder if that says something about me lol! Either way, it's not a terribly big deal at the end of the day. Just make one and play it for as long or as short as you like. :)

Ditto. I have had more characters than I can remember and have a lot of them now each with their own story and also like you, when I play a male PC they are very, very mean. I'll have to delve deep into my psyche to try and find out why I do such horrible things to NPCs when playing as a man. Perhaps because deep down I feel like men can get away with pretty much anything and a woman is judged so harshly. But my mind, while playing Skyrim, goes to a time period much like in this fantasy game and I imagine that women have zero rights. But if I'm a woman then why do I treat women like absolute crap when playing a male character? (This is rhetorical, folks. Please don't start analyzing this/me.) Video games can bring out certain things in us that we didn't know we had.

The damn dilemma is back: Male or Female? And all because of one mod - Beeing Female. I had put in a lot of hours into my last game, made it very immersive, and installed said mod. I really have to say that it is a very well made mod and I loved watching my PC's tummy grow and all that stuff. And when the child was born, he was so beautiful (thanks to the RS Children addon) unfortunately playing as a female in Skyrim along side her follower husband meant that the child would be stuck to her side 24/7 and I had no options to make her son go home or stay put somewhere. I loved the idea of my main PC having children with her husband, but for them to follow her around in dungeons and have the kids kill dragons wasn't immersive nor did it seem appropriate for the kid to watch his parents shag all the time. If I played as a guy he could knock up his wife and send the kid to his spouse and the same would go for any bastard children he had. I could make sure to be careful as to not have him impregnate his followers. But, I really don't want to play as a guy and I really love this mod. I'm sorry, I don't like the idea of a stay-at-home dad, especially when said dad is a handsome sell sword or a badass warrior. If I played a male PC he would marry a non-combat NPC and his followers would be kickass fighters. Ugh.... I can't believe one mod is making me question all of this again.

Bloody hell.

You could try hentai PG instead..  it has less complexity but I believe it lets you chose where the baby will go.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18992-sexlabhentaipregnancy/

Along with 

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1188-children-soul-gems-hentrai-pregnancy-addon/

I just looked at this, thank you for sharing those links. Anything to keep the kid/kids at home would be fantastic. My only question is will the child will be born vanilla looking or pretty because I have RS Children installed? I can't deal with vanilla kids.... *shudders*

If you look at the second link.. there are patches available to make it look like whatever child altering mod that you are using.  It does a pretty good job of it too.

Details about the patches are on the front page toward the middle. (or search for RSChildren on the page)

You can always run a test with a test profile in MO and accelerate the pregnancy to 1 day...  see if it matches your expectations.

^For the longest time man has fucked everything up and women had no power over that. Now women have a turn to fuck everything up. :P

Not possible. We women are never wrong and therefore incapable of "fucking everything up".

Darn! I guess I'm going to have to live in a perfect world. BOOOOOORRRRIIIIIING!!! A swine can dream.

If you look at the second link.. there are patches available to make it look like whatever child altering mod that you are using.  It does a pretty good job of it too.

Details about the patches are on the front page toward the middle. (or search for RSChildren on the page)

You can always run a test with a test profile in MO and accelerate the pregnancy to 1 day...  see if it matches your expectations.

I'm going to download it now and try it out. Thanks again! xoxo

Darn! I guess I'm going to have to live in a perfect world. BOOOOOORRRRIIIIIING!!! A swine can dream.

It's not perfect because men keep fucking it up no matter what and women either clean up your messes or make you clean it up yourselves. So there ya go. :D

You could try hentai PG instead..  it has less complexity but I believe it lets you chose where the baby will go.

Along with 

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1188-children-soul-gems-hentrai-pregnancy-addon/

I just looked at this, thank you for sharing those links. Anything to keep the kid/kids at home would be fantastic. My only question is will the child will be born vanilla looking or pretty because I have RS Children installed? I can't deal with vanilla kids.... *shudders*

I've never had any interest in the pregnancy mods so I can't use that to help decide, but I have wanted an expanded orphanage type mod or a decent house without a lot of complexity and computer stressing that had enough child beds. While I don't feel too bad for some of them (like the Solitude kid that stays at the stables, and why can't that family adopt him? He's doing all the work that a kid would normally do and if they're feeding him, what other expenses would they have?) the one from Dawnstar that sleeps on a ragpile in the inn and runs back and forth to the mines all day, or the girl in Windhelm that has to sleep outside in the snow I tend to adopt when I can on a playthrough that allows it.

I guess I need a mod that lets me use Aventus' house after I off Grelod or converts the orphanage into a build-it-yourself Hearthfire style so I can add a second story and more beds, hire some homeless folks to sleep warm and care for the kids, etc.

I'm sorry, I don't like the idea of a stay-at-home dad, especially when said dad is a handsome sell sword or a badass warrior. If I played a male PC he would marry a non-combat NPC and his followers would be kickass fighters. Ugh.... I can't believe one mod is making me question all of this again.

Bloody hell.

My first couple of games I played as a male, married Ysolda or some other pretty NPC, moved into one of the Hearthfire homes with a couple of adopted kids, ... all was fine.

Then I played a game as a female, married Vorstag, moved him into Vindrel Hall, went adventuring, came back to him, and absolutely cringed to hear this big hulking warrior say he wanted to open a shop.

Subsequently all games I've played as female I've either stayed single or married another woman. :cool:

I'm sorry, I don't like the idea of a stay-at-home dad, especially when said dad is a handsome sell sword or a badass warrior. If I played a male PC he would marry a non-combat NPC and his followers would be kickass fighters. Ugh.... I can't believe one mod is making me question all of this again.

Bloody hell.

My first couple of games I played as a male, married Ysolda or some other pretty NPC, moved into one of the Hearthfire homes with a couple of adopted kids, ... all was fine.

Then I played a game as a female, married Vorstag, moved him into Vindrel Hall, went adventuring, came back to him, and absolutely cringed to hear this big hulking warrior say he wanted to open a shop.

Subsequently all games I've played as female I've either stayed single or married another woman. :cool:

Nah, just need to use one of the mods that lets you add someone to a marriage faction or non-combat wise put them in a harem and then marry one or a couple spindly imperial or breton boytoys.  I suppose both Camilla AND Lucan would work, or one of the bard boys, or the pasty guy that just sits upstairs in the Candlehearth hall and never leaves his table...

Bloody hell.

Yea... that is ridiculous..  according to Hachiman Hikigaya, a proper househusband would never THINK of opening a shop.  

I've never had any interest in the pregnancy mods so I can't use that to help decide, but I have wanted an expanded orphanage type mod or a decent house without a lot of complexity and computer stressing that had enough child beds. While I don't feel too bad for some of them (like the Solitude kid that stays at the stables, and why can't that family adopt him? He's doing all the work that a kid would normally do and if they're feeding him, what other expenses would they have?) the one from Dawnstar that sleeps on a ragpile in the inn and runs back and forth to the mines all day, or the girl in Windhelm that has to sleep outside in the snow I tend to adopt when I can on a playthrough that allows it.

I guess I need a mod that lets me use Aventus' house after I off Grelod or converts the orphanage into a build-it-yourself Hearthfire style so I can add a second story and more beds, hire some homeless folks to sleep warm and care for the kids, etc.

Neither did I for the longest time. The only pregnancy mod I had ever heard of was Beeing Female and no offense to the mod author, but I just thought it was too much. I love my game to be immersive, however I didn't like the idea of dealing with RL female issues in game. Thank goodness he added lots of options in the MCM to turn certain things off... I loved for my PC to adopt kids and pretend that they were her own. Then I just really, really wanted her to have her own. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, my female PCs having kids with their follower husbands is a no go. I wasn't able to try out the pregnancy mod that Lodakai mentioned yet, but I hope to be able to do it tonight.

In regards to doing something for all those poor orphans, I once downloaded a family friendly house with lots of bed and adopted all the kids in the orphanage and the ones I came across in cities and whatnot. I took a follower, dressed her homely, and moved her and the kids there while my PC, her husband and their adopted kids lived somewhere else. I'd have them go visit and it warmed my non-existent heart.

I always found Skyfall Estates and Hearthfire Multiple adoptions a good combo for something like that.  Getting off on a tangent so I wont link em here.. but if you start off a new thread for that I can recommend a few things.

Yep. Absolutely this! ^

Bloody hell.

Hey! You stay away from my man Vorstag! ;)

But yes, I know exactly what you mean. I tried it because I wanted to be a solo warrior and then I missed having her husband around and the way he acted when she came back home was just... so unlike the sexy beast she met at the Silverblood Inn. I just love couples adventuring together. It's fun for me and I love their comments about my PC. Farkas is also a very sweet husband and I love it when he gets over protective if my PC gets attacked, "Hey! That's my family your messing with!!!". Love it!

I like for my girls to have some sexy time with another woman and love the threesomes, but call me old fashion or maybe it's a fetish, I just love the big, muscular man by my girl's side. *swoons* :blush:

Nah, just need to use one of the mods that lets you add someone to a marriage faction or non-combat wise put them in a harem and then marry one or a couple spindly imperial or breton boytoys.  I suppose both Camilla AND Lucan would work, or one of the bard boys, or the pasty guy that just sits upstairs in the Candlehearth hall and never leaves his table...

Um...eww with your choices. Camilla is gorgeous, but she won't shut up about the damn claw! Also, I don't get where you're going with this. What do you mean? What mods and how will this help my PC's spawn not follow her around everywhere?

Bloody hell.

Yea... that is ridiculous..  according to Hachiman Hikigaya, a proper househusband would never THINK of opening a shop.  

Ha! :heart:

I like for my girls to have some sexy time with another woman and love the threesomes, but call me old fashion or maybe it's a fetish, I just love the big, muscular man by my girl's side. *swoons* :blush:

Um...eww with your choices. Camilla is gorgeous, but she won't shut up about the damn claw! Also, I don't get where you're going with this. What do you mean? What mods and how will this help my PC's spawn not follow her around everywhere?

Eh, was thinking you get a spindly little non-stud to leave at home, mind the shop and while I wasn't thinking this way, could also mind the kids. You then take the stud along with you, or not and just bang anything likely looking while on the road.

Kinda like the old saying a man needs to wives, one for the kitchen and one for the bedroom... or was it one to cook and one to clean, I forget.

For the time you can't be in Skyrim, here's part 1 of a 6 part story, adventuring gal and the strapping stong man she finds to adventure with.

https://www.literotica.com/s/to-catch-a-merchant-princess-ch-01

MsOtaku, have you had any luck with your Skyrim slump yet?

I, too, have occasionaly bouts of ...'bleh'... shall we say, when I spend a large amount of time making a specific character (pyromage; necromancer; cryomage; unarmored dualist; bone shaman; necromancer; you get the idea), only to spend a few hours playing it before wanting to start something new. Male or female, the gender usually doesn't matter because I play to the concept I have in my head. The mods I use for each character are tailored to that playthrough.

But I will say this - the last slump I had was so bad that I didn't even make it past the character screen. I'd get the appearance down, stare at the character for a while, and then go do something else. Know what cures it for me? Cut 98% of the mods.

I started a new game with only some texture overhauls, a combat overhaul, and Ordinator. And it was magnificent. See, my problem was, I had allowed mods to take the place of my imagination. I didn't need to think storycrafting or thinking through a character's motivations because I had mods for that. I had a solid nearly un-modded playthrough as a brontomancer (storm mage) that lasted almost 260 hours until that story ended.

I've slowly built up more stories with more mods since, but I tell you, the game is far more enjoyable again.

Pheade, thank you so very much for sharing this, I get where you are coming from. Let me be 100% honest - RP and sex are a huge part of my life. I've been gaming since Pong was around and RPing for over 16 years. There are so many games out that allow you to make choices and sex is a part of that but, it doesn't feel fulfilling for me. In games where I can mod it's all about sex and the stories I create for my characters. I love having a beautiful game, unfortunately it really sucks when my character isn't allowed to have sex. Sure, RP with a friend and a great story is fantastic but, actually seeing it on your monitor is more than amazing.

I've been talking to some old gamer friends of mine about this and a lot of them choose to not integrate sex into their game. They game for the sake of playing a game and watch porn or have IRL sex to fulfill that need - they don't want to see it in their games but, don't mind seeing hot chicks or guys in it. I want to have my cake and eat it, too. I want my porn, my IRL sex, and my gaming sex.

Yes, the vast majority of my mods are graphical overhauls and my PC and NPCs are gorgeous but, I need and want sex in my game. I have tried to keep any sex mods out of Skyrim and my play time did not last at all. I LOVE dungeon crawling and completing quests but, I want to have shagging in it as well - it's fun for me to watch and even more fun because I may or may not be in control of the situation. So I do continue to have my stories and adventures with different characters - I just can't live without my kinky mods. Each character has a set of different mods - not all are the same.

To answer your main question, no, I have not gotten out of my slump. I miss playing with people. I miss playing with my guild in my old MMORPG. I miss talking to people about my gaming adventures. People move on, quit games, or play different games, etc. I want to finish Skyrim so badly but, this slump I'm in is preventing me to do so. It isn't new. I do this all the time in games that allow me to have multiple characters and I learned that having 6-7 alts ruins things for me. I just can't let them go, I don't want to. In all honesty I don't know what to do because as much as I love Skooma Whore, my main character is not a prostitute that owes money to loan sharks and is in constant need of the drug - I have to keep my profiles and stories separate.

Before coming back to Skyrim I played FFXIV and created so many alts, which isn't needed because one character can play any class and level up any class just by switching your gear. Yet, the alt-aholic in me NEEDED to have a character for each class and re-doing all those damn quests drove me up the wall. With a heavy heart, I deleted all but, two and felt like a great weight had been lifted off of me. I can't, however, mod FFXIV. My friends left the game and being alone in an MMORPG is no fun so I quit. I came here, spent months learning about modding, made my game gorgeous and I believe that all my testing killed my enthusiasm for the game. I think I've seen about 15% of the content in this game because that's how long I'll last while in testing phase, then I create my character, play, then get bored quick because I've done these quests hundreds of times before.

I made a post a while back about cheating in game and how one feels about it because I had cheated and felt horrid. Today, I said "Fuck it." and created a male character and am cheating so much in terms of perks, skills, and armor. Maybe I think I'll have fun just bulldozing my way through the game but then again, I wonder if I want to see spoilers and feel like I ruined the game when I could have played and finished the game with my main that does not cheat.

I have a very good friend who's therapist is a gamer. My friend is very lucky because they can talk about this kind of stuff. I have yet to find a therapist that games... While there are so many things I enjoy doing, night time is my gaming time and it has not been fun for a long time. I just hope that something will occur to me to get out of this hole I've dug myself into and enjoy gaming again. I miss that feeling so much.

I agree with everything you say.  To me sex is natural so I don't feel uncomfortable having it in my game.  As for the slump.  I too have dug myself a hole that I can't get out of. 

I am, at this point, far from bogging down (to far) in Skyrim.

But when I get that slump I will play a final, final, final game.

A couple of years ago I was heavily into playing "Rise of Flight", a World War I flight sim. The hardcore players there would play "dead is dead"....... end of that pilot, end of that long career. Start over.

I would play that way in my LAST Skrim..... dead is dead. Uninstall Skyrim.

The character would have to be me. No young handsome stud, no perky lass. I would be an old man. I would play with I Need and Wet and Cold. It would not be easy. But I would walk everywhere. The settings for SLEN would be on the low frequency side of things.... maybe a pleasant surprise one out of forty mornings, or a hundred. Then, when the surprise comes it will be savored. It could be the last.

I can imagine the pain I would feel when (with my luck) after wooing Serana for so long and to be finally on the verge of major intimacy (hopefully with Osex) ..... Sophia hits the trip wire (you know she would) and there I am.... me and the spikey gate. I figure that that would increase the immersive ball sweat. Immersion is everything.

Cheers

Codifer

Orrr...  you contract Ataxia from the first skeever you encounter.  Being unable to afford any kind of cure, you begin to waste away and die in Riverwood without ever having met Serana OR Sophia.  As the light slowly fades away from your vision you would faintly hear Embry's voice... "got any ale or mead?  oh well.. dead is dead"  as he rifles through your pack for your booze.

Oh ya...  and then you get necro'd

I am, at this point, far from bogging down (to far) in Skyrim.

But when I get that slump I will play a final, final, final game.

A couple of years ago I was heavily into playing "Rise of Flight", a World War I flight sim. The hardcore players there would play "dead is dead"....... end of that pilot, end of that long career. Start over.

I would play that way in my LAST Skrim..... dead is dead. Uninstall Skyrim.

The character would have to be me. No young handsome stud, no perky lass. I would be an old man. I would play with I Need and Wet and Cold. It would not be easy. But I would walk everywhere. The settings for SLEN would be on the low frequency side of things.... maybe a pleasant surprise one out of forty mornings, or a hundred. Then, when the surprise comes it will be savored. It could be the last.

I can imagine the pain I would feel when (with my luck) after wooing Serana for so long and to be finally on the verge of major intimacy (hopefully with Osex) ..... Sophia hits the trip wire (you know she would) and there I am.... me and the spikey gate. I figure that that would increase the immersive ball sweat. Immersion is everything.

Cheers

Codifer

Orrr...  you contract Ataxia from the first skeever you encounter.  Being unable to afford any kind of cure, you begin to waste away and die in Riverwood without ever having met Serana OR Sophia.  As the light slowly fades away from your vision you would faintly hear Embry's voice... "got any ale or mead?  oh well.. dead is dead"  as he rifles through your pack for your booze.

Oh ya...  and then you get necro'd

Wow... that was so incredibly depressing, you guys. I like immersion, making the game difficult and as realistic as I can - but damn.... those posts made me sad. I need to go watch some MxR videos and eat cake to cheer me up now.

xoxo

-MsOtaku the Disheartened

Along with 

Before I slit my wrists from reading those last couple of posts, I forgot to mention that I installed these mods on a new game and was constantly CTD every 10 - 15 minutes. I uninstalled them, went back to an earlier save and the crashes stopped. I tried moving them down in my load order, but nothing worked.

*sigh*

Now I'm more depressed because my PC will be barren. Time to adopt kids that her husband will never love because they are not his own....

Hard not to sad with those "uplifting" stories of becoming one's PC and watching yourself slowly dying.... I'll keep thinking of sweet rolls because we have no cake at home and I have to use my imagination. Shit. This is getting even more dismal by the minute.

In regards to the Hentai Pregnancy mod, I saw that it hasn't been updated in quite a while and the support thread has been pretty quite for a while as well. Also, it seems like Beeing Female is the pregger mod of choice. I just can't use that with my female PCs, but perhaps I'll use it on a male character so he can send his kids and bastards home to mommy.

*overly exaggerated sigh*

Archived