congratulations !

You made it !

I wish I had more time....

gsll

Thanks. ;)

Also for those who want to import with 'v1.0 beta' animations that contains non-uniform scaling use attached to post file with replacement.

I just deleted 'assert' statement that causes script to stop. All scaling just must to be assumed as 1.0.

Kind Regards.

non-uniform scaling.7z

• 2 months later...

I'm having problems with the plugin, help me please. I can't install it, here the things I did:

-Complete re-install of blender 2.78

-Running PyFFI2.2.3 install .bat file does not work, weirdly it searches for Python26, but isn't it made for python 3x ?

-So I called the cmd in PyFFI2.2.3 folder (admin rights) and: >> python setup.py install (my python ver is 3.6)

-It installed PyFFI successfully

-I tried rellocating the pyffi folder from Python36 to blender sitepackages folder but it didn't work either

-Tried lots of other crazy things

EDIT (I actually found the solutions while writing this):

I found 2 issues. First one is: "NifFormat has no hfloat value". Second issue is a name problem.

First issue is solved by, instead of putting pyffi inside sitepackage, just put it outiside (put it in lib folder). Or in other words, just copy everything from build folder at PyFFI2.2.3, and paste in blender/2.78/python folder.

Second issue, I found that at line 50 in __init__.py there is a "import io_nifdata.ui". Clearly it is a issue with the name of the plugin, so I renamed the plugin "Skyrim nif-data utils 1.0 beta" to "io_nifdata".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Would someone be kind enough to explain to me (ELI5) how to install the prerequisites for this?

The link to github for Pyffi 2.2.3 and nifxml-0.7.1.0 seems to be for source code.  I have no idea how to build a Python Module or what is to be done with the nifxml.  I have Pyffi 2.2.2 installed and I have the nifxml that is bundled with Nif Tools; but I presume that that isn't enough, since Blender will not install the plugin.

I'm an artist, not a programmer, dammit........LOL.  ;)

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. 

NM... I got it installed.  :angel:

Aaaaaaaaand....... I get this error, so I don't have it installed correctly.... <sigh>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Blender Foundation 276\2.78\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 330, in enable

mod = __import__(module_name)

File "C:\Users\Jim-2\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_nifdata\__init__.py", line 47, in

from . import import_nifdata

File "C:\Users\Jim-2\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_nifdata\import_nifdata.py", line 43, in

import pyffi.spells.nif

ImportError: No module named 'pyffi'

Unpack downloaded 'pyffi-pyffi-2.2.3.zip', inside unpacked data run 'pyffi-pyffi-2.2.3\install.bat'. To check that all installed, goto '[blender_folder]\2.78\python\lib\site-packages\' and check 'pyffi' folder exists.

To continue you have to go to path '[blender_folder]\2.78\python\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\nifxml\' and place into 'nif.xml' from 'nifxml-0.7.1.0.zip'

In your case [blender_folder] is 'C:\Users\Jim-2\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender'

Kind Regards.

When I use install.bat it says "python.exe not found!"

By the seven... -.-

Can someone explain the install proccedure in very easy steps?

My 2.78 blender is not finding the addon when i click install from file.

Python is not finding the EXE

I did install python 2.6-7 and 3.6

I pasted the files like i was told in the 3 pages of ppl stumbling around the solution.

I changed the name as also was pointed out.

Still nothing.

No wonder skyrim gets so little animation content when all the ways for us artists to install this are like decrypting german ww2 transmissions with a wooden stick and 2 rocks.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...