[Unity] [FREE] Agents of Heels: Misadventures of Agent Romanov (08.02.2017)

Ariakas8

Agents of Heels: Misadventures of Agent Romanov  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in this game?

• Yes
    • Yes but... (Write your feedback)
    • Not until... (write your feedback)
    • Nope

Important Info:

We still have a long road, but we are launching our Engine Test version to all publics to get some feedback and start building a strong community who wants to take part on this game.

Become an Agent of Heels in our Patreon
Engine Test Version (08/02/2017): Download from mega.nz

*We are currently developing the game, but after we finish each volume of this game series, they will be launched for FREE.

Game Overview:

qGnP8nNm.jpg FNoaPumm.jpg 1e8OlFkm.jpg
fWPjjpXm.jpg caFg828m.jpg 8Ho57Sfm.jpg

Misadventures of Agent Romanov is the first game of the Agents of Heels series, an Adult Interactive Fiction Visual Novel designed in Comic format

We are aiming to combine the best of the narrative games (accurate descriptions and immersive dialogs where the user can choose between different paths), RPG’s (stat management, inventory, branches, etc.) and Comics (full-screen, beautiful renders, re-readable vignettes, etc.).

The main character for this volume is Agent Romanov, a lovely red-headed spy that takes part in risky missions with lots of action. You will have to struggle against a menacing alien force, an army from an evil corporation, inside conspiracies, and villains that won’t make your life easy.

In all those situations, you will have to decide which path you want to follow: Do you want to be the Hero that saves the day, or the Villain with unorthodox methods… that still saves the day?

Having the community in mind during the development:

We want to (and can!) create a huge free adult game series, that’s why we need your support.  

One of our focus is that the users take part on decisions that will affect the storyline and other aspects of the game. 

This is the main reason why we are launching a Patreon in this early stage of the game development. To allow anyone who believes in this project to start giving feedback as soon as possible.

If you want to be in our community and participate in the game development, join us on Patreon.

About the team:

Right now, there are two people working in this project:

Unshi: He’s the mastermind. The programmer of the engine, the artist that is doing all the rendering and 3D art, the writer of all the plot, and the creator of everything. We’d all love for him to do a living with this game… If the contributions are high enough. You can read more about him in the Patreon main post.

Ariakas: I am just the Marketing guy (and the number 1 Fan of this project). Unshi is my best friend and I’ve seen him struggling too much to make this project a reality. So, I offered myself to take care of all community aspects so he can focus on creating this game. If the game gets enough Patreons I will most definitely help him in more areas to deliver faster updates.

Adult Content Disclaimer:

Our philosophy is for everyone to be able to play our game. Having that in mind we’ve created two different versions: A PEGY-18 softcore and an explicit version for those who desire the complete experience with adult content.

All Public Release Versions are Softcore. If you want the Explicit version before the official launch of the game for Free, you have to, at least, be a Raider of our community. 

Everyone interested in the explicit version may know that, in it…

• You may find: Favours, Domination, Orgies, Tentacles and many more.
  • You will NOT find: under aged sex participation.

As for VN game it dose have shit load of pictures, it feel more like comic than VN. As I appreciate the effort, it makes no sense of having so much nonadult cgi in adult game, and there is another problem, there is no game yet it is just intro. So I do not know for what feedback you are looking for.

Time for some honest feedback.
In general it looks like you put in quite some effort, which is great and if you continue like this you have a good chance to succeed.

But there are a few things that i would change:

• Wasted screenspace: 2 black bars on each side of the screen (1920*1080 Resolution Monitor) plus the "tentacle" bars in the top and bottom mean that about 50% of the space of my screen is wasted. (I took a screenshot and measured the actually used area, which is about 1350*750 or roughly 1m pixels, whereas Full HD is 2m)
  • I'm not so sure about the comic type screen usage. The navigation was really strange. (Sometimes i had to click inside the picture or a text would just reappear)
  • I would do away with the softcore version or at least give the explicit version to the 5$ patreon supporters. For me at least the maximum i pay for a single creator is 5$ a month, which is 60$ a year and so far my experience is that most people are ok with 5 but way fewer with 10 (when i look at other patreon projects)
  • And again about the softcore version, think about your target audience for that one, i can't see it. Seriously think about which people prefer such a version and not the full explicit one. After all the softcore version isn't free for you to develop, it still takes time even if 80% of the game is equal in both.

• And again about the softcore version, think about your target audience for that one, i can't see it. Seriously think about which people prefer such a version and not the full explicit one. After all the softcore version isn't free for you to develop, it still takes time even if 80% of the game is equal in both.

Yea, I can't imagine anyone saying to themselves, "I think I'll settle for the softcore version!" lol

First of all, let me say that we really appreciate to all of you the time and efforts you took to play the test engine. Now that I see there's an active community in this forum, I will try to come back frequently, update all the new versions and answer any feedback.

There's a lot to comment, so let's start with the quotes...

As for VN game it dose have shit load of pictures, it feel more like comic than VN. As I appreciate the effort, it makes no sense of having so much nonadult cgi in adult game, and there is another problem, there is no game yet it is just intro. So I do not know for what feedback you are looking for.

Windpl, as it’s said in the main topic, the idea is to redesign the VN genre to a more comic format. We’re still doing our first “public” steps in this project, but I am sure we’ll get something really compelling and attractive that any user will be able to enjoy.

We’re trying the engine and the comic style. If you experienced any bug, or if you would change something about how the vignettes are displayed, or anything… this is exactly the feedback we’re looking for :)

Wasted screenspace: 2 black bars on each side of the screen (1920*1080 Resolution Monitor) plus the "tentacle" bars in the top and bottom mean that about 50% of the space of my screen is wasted. (I took a screenshot and measured the actually used area, which is about 1350*750 or roughly 1m pixels, whereas Full HD is 2m)

The wasted screen space, unfortunately, is nothing more than a bug. If you have a 16x9 resolution screen you shouldn’t have margins at all (you shouldn’t even see the tentacles on top or bottom, which are there to “give something” for the 4x3 resolution).

You’re the first one to report this problem. Did you mention you took a screenshot? it would be very helpful if you could provide as much information as possible (resolution, monitor inches, graphic card…) so we will check it. It would be great as well if you could recheck the demo to see if it was a “one time only” bug or if it happens consistently.

Thanks, in advance.

I'm not so sure about the comic type screen usage. The navigation was really strange. (Sometimes i had to click inside the picture or a text would just reappear)

The navigation issue is known, and we’re already working on it. The engine test aimed to prove that navigation was intuitive and smooth, but for what it seems, it didn’t make it clear at all. We are designing some kind of non-invasive GUI to show the user what possibilities are available at any given moment.

I would do away with the softcore version or at least give the explicit version to the 5$ patreon supporters. For me at least the maximum i pay for a single creator is 5$ a month, which is 60$ a year and so far my experience is that most people are ok with 5 but way fewer with 10 (when i look at other patreon projects)
And again about the softcore version, think about your target audience for that one, i can't see it. Seriously think about which people prefer such a version and not the full explicit one. After all the softcore version isn't free for you to develop, it still takes time even if 80% of the game is equal in both.

About the softcore version, it is there for a reason:

The game was aimed to be launched only “softcore”, like “Swimsuit heaven” and such you may have seen on steam. It was during the development that we thought to ourselves we could also do an explicit version, but that takes a lot more time and resources (this is why it’s also more expensive).

We know both versions have a public on its own. Nonetheless, if you aim for the explicit version you shouldn’t worry, it will be released for free, alongside the softcore version, once the development is complete.

As for the patronage issue, you can always pledge 10$ every other month instead of 5$ every month and get the explicit version that way ;)

Time for some honest feedback.
In general it looks like you put in quite some effort, which is great and if you continue like this you have a good chance to succeed.

Moeffg, We really appreciate it, this is what the kind of feedback that we are looking for, and we will continue to work on it until we succeed! 

Yea, I can't imagine anyone saying to themselves, "I think I'll settle for the softcore version!" lol

ReMeDy, As I already told to Moeffg, we have motives to think that this public exists (otherwise games like this would not success in other platforms). But I'd like to speak supported with facts.

When the time comes, I'll tell you if your guessings were right ;)

The wasted screen space, unfortunately, is nothing more than a bug. If you have a 16x9 resolution screen you shouldn’t have margins at all (you shouldn’t even see the tentacles on top or bottom, which are there to “give something” for the 4x3 resolution).

You’re the first one to report this problem. Did you mention you took a screenshot? it would be very helpful if you could provide as much information as possible (resolution, monitor inches, graphic card…) so we will check it. It would be great as well if you could recheck the demo to see if it was a “one time only” bug or if it happens consistently.

Thanks, in advance.

I uploaded a 50% downsized screenshot, so the actual resolution would be 1920*1080 and not 960*540.

Now as you say it's a Bug and not intentional i can give some hints on why it might happen:

I run a 3 Monitor Setup with 1 1920*1080 and 2 1280*1024 screens.

Most Unity games do actually launch on the Full-HD screen, but for some reason the first time i ran your game it launched on another one.

So the easy way to correct it is with the "Alt+Enter" shortcut change to windowed mode, move the window and then change to fullscreen with "Alt+Enter" again.

But it seems that the demo doesn't notice the change and simply stays at a 1280*1024 resolution, i also can't resize the window and since there is no options menu i have no further way to change it on my end.

http://imgur.com/a/X0XrZ 

Thanks, in advance.

I uploaded a 50% downsized screenshot, so the actual resolution would be 1920*1080 and not 960*540.

Now as you say it's a Bug and not intentional i can give some hints on why it might happen:

I run a 3 Monitor Setup with 1 1920*1080 and 2 1280*1024 screens.

Most Unity games do actually launch on the Full-HD screen, but for some reason the first time i ran your game it launched on another one.

So the easy way to correct it is with the "Alt+Enter" shortcut change to windowed mode, move the window and then change to fullscreen with "Alt+Enter" again.

But it seems that the demo doesn't notice the change and simply stays at a 1280*1024 resolution, i also can't resize the window and since there is no options menu i have no further way to change it on my end.

http://imgur.com/a/X0XrZ 

I've spoke with Unshi and it IS a known issue, activating in the second screen that is, he didn't think you would fall into that group. The release of the engine test had an issue on build-up and it does execute on secondary screens if you have a "more-than-one-screen" setup. He says he already changed it once he noticed it so it opens on the main monitor now. Unfortunately the released version does contain that "bug".

You should expect it to be fixed for the release of the demo and it will run on your full-HD main monitor with no margins at all ;)

Windpl, as it’s said in the main topic, the idea is to redesign the VN genre to a more comic format. We’re still doing our first “public” steps in this project, but I am sure we’ll get something really compelling and attractive that any user will be able to enjoy.

We’re trying the engine and the comic style. If you experienced any bug, or if you would change something about how the vignettes are displayed, or anything… this is exactly the feedback we’re looking for :)

I assume that in game there will be some sort of grinding for stats like in dating vns? I'm asking because it is a sneaky way to fit in some generic repeatable cgs to fill out the time - because it is still impressive that you want to do it all in comic like format considering that game will be branching = tons of cgs to render. And please  don't forget to add fast forward or skip button it is must for branching vn ;)

To the devs, I played the test and was really surprised, your renders are indeed beautiful and I liked the comic style for a VN, but I had 2 issues:

1 - Automatic full screen? Not my style and as others have mentioned I got problems with my 2 monitors, and as you are doing in unity why not take advantage of that fact and let the "default" unity launcher that let us choose the resolution and full screen or not?

2 - At the end you had the option to answer your phone or get rid of it, the first time I played I got rid of it, tried to play again to see the other option and the game "remembered" my last option and didn't let me see the other option... Bear in mind I haven't restarted the game.

I have interest so far, but I don't have enough trust to give you guys money, yes the engine is nice, but without some background check I'll never pledge to anyone, and you guys are unknown to me, as you've said you worked on the game industry at least some portfolio would be nice (but I know that might be difficult with a +18 game, as it could expose you), but right now I'll wait and see, good luck with your project.

Normally this would be up my ally, and I write up along detailed report on my thoughts and feelings about playing the game... BUT you put up a paywall for the real version. So all you get is my disappointment.

I wish you well but until an explicit version is released then I will not reward you with feedback or joining you Patreon.

I assume that in game there will be some sort of grinding for stats like in dating vns? I'm asking because it is a sneaky way to fit in some generic repeatable cgs to fill out the time - because it is still impressive that you want to do it all in comic like format considering that game will be branching = tons of cgs to render. And please don't forget to add fast forward or skip button it is must for branching vn ;)

Windpl, you'd like to know that Unshi has spent the last days working on the “spare time” system and it’s almost done. You should expect it to be included on the demo that will be launched during March. There you’ll be able to choose between many options. All the scenes will be visually designed in comic format.

1 - Automatic full screen? Not my style and as others have mentioned I got problems with my 2 monitors, and as you are doing in unity why not take advantage of that fact and let the "default" unity launcher that let us choose the resolution and full screen or not?

Xpyke, you are right on the unity-launcher. All subsequent releases will have it on default. We launched the engine test on auto-full-screen so all those errors would arise during the Engine Test, and not on the demo or next versions. In our experience, users tend to work around errors using the launcher instead of reporting them, which is what we wanted now.

2 - At the end you had the option to answer your phone or get rid of it, the first time I played I got rid of it, tried to play again to see the other option and the game "remembered" my last option and didn't let me see the other option... Bear in mind I haven't restarted the game.

That’s working as intended. Since there’s no save/load system yet the engine remembers automatically which pages you’ve already been on and what option you chose until you relaunch it. It will always be that way, but you’ll be able to load an earlier moment of the game to choose the options you may have missed.

I have interest so far, but I don't have enough trust to give you guys money, yes the engine is nice, but without some background check I'll never pledge to anyone, and you guys are unknown to me, as you've said you worked on the game industry at least some portfolio would be nice (but I know that might be difficult with a +18 game, as it could expose you), but right now I'll wait and see, good luck with your project.

We totally understand and respect your point of view. We will still be here, sending you updates and letting you know the progress of the game, and once your trust is built up enough, we'd love to have you between our lines :)

Normally this would be up my ally, and I write up along detailed report on my thoughts and feelings about playing the game... BUT you put up a paywall for the real version. So, all you get is my disappointment.

I wish you well but until an explicit version is released then I will not reward you with feedback or joining you Patreon.

XJ347 You are in your right to think that way.

We are just launching an engine test, and as we already told to MoeffG, the game was aimed to be launched only “softcore”, so this is the "standard version". But then we decided to change it and add this Explicit version, as an extra for our most fancy users.

Unshi and I are not fans of Paywalls and other bad monetization methods, this is why we decided to launch this Patreon for those who want to be part of it. You can see that all the Ranks can (and we expect they will) participate and contribute in the game development.

As you probably know, a Game has a cost. Just Unshi’s hours alone are more expensive than we can afford right now. We launched an engine test just to be sure this project could (and would) be founded publicly since we can’t afford it ourselves. We don't expect that the engine test will generate a million dollars, we just want to know if we should invest the starting money this project requires.

However, if you just want to play it, you’ll be happy to know that when the development is done, both versions will be launched FOR FREE. Then, if you play it, you like it, you see the cost of it, and still want to contribute in Agents of Heels, we will receive you with open arms.

The first demo will be FREE for everyone too, and we will open a regularly Public Version Release program for our games. If you want to share your thoughts and feelings about it, you’re more than welcome. We will read, analyze and highly consider every word you say.

Well I get it, you need money to fuel the project. Thing is, a paywall is still a paywall.

What the standard custom is to have a delayed release, so Patreon uses get updates first and then normal users get it a month later (some times more). There are a few who give out demo's of the game and then only updates Patreon which clearly against our rule 12, but seems like the mods tolerate it anyways. Here you are kind of a in a grey zone with me, with most of the game free but some of the best art held back for Patreon users only. I think this is 100% in the rules of LoversLab but I still feel it is behind a paywall because it's those images people are playing for.

You got to do what you got to do, and if this makes you more money then do it. Saying that, I have an aversion to paywalls. I'm not trying to scare people away, but informing you why I will not contribute as it currently is. Seriously I wish you well, this looks amazing.

For those who were consterned by the idea that the explicit version wouldn't be available or it would be too expensive... I have good news for you:

The Public Releases of the game during the "Development stage" will include the Explicit Version FOR FREE.

Unshi and I have been thinking about it, we always had in mind to release both version when the project was completed. But, after hearing your concerns about this topic we had a long discussion. We realized that having a paywall during development to access the explicit version does not benefit nor please the users (and consequently, it doesn't benefit and pleases us) and it also does not match the philosophy that we're trying to build around Agents of Heels.

We still have to define the details of how we're going to do it without penalizing our Patreons, but as soon as we have it, you'll be informed about it.

I agree with XJ347. Any sort of paywall at this stage of your development would not be good for your game spreading the world. Having a time gap between patreon release and public release is much more conventional and better for your reputation. Bit like how in Silicon Valley, you have to sacrifice profits for users for the first few years before the start-ups make any money.

If you look at the most well funded NSFW game developers, they get the money get because they managed to build a big audience over time, who is willing to donate even though the benefit seems somewhat trivial (getting the latest release one month earlier). Fenoxo Fenfen, who is better funded than anyone, even says this on his Patreon:

Why Should I Support You, And What Will I Get For It?
Well, I would hope you'd be supporting it because you like what I'm doing and want me to keep doing it as long as possible, but if that isn't the case, you'll still get early access to pre-release alpha builds until we eventually release. 
  • 1 year later...

Archived