Rhames' The Naughty Help

Rhames01

i'm hoping to have Gardeners ready for next week.

What WILL be available is the removal of obnoxious traits from Maids, Horny Servant on Nannies, AND an at least Beta for MASSAGE THERAPISTS.

I have to lock hygiene on the massage therapist or change some of their autonomy to get them to bathe, otherwise the poor things become filthy from use and you have to chest their needs to clean them up because their "situation" doesn't allow them to bathe.

Oh the humanity!

Oh!!! I hadn't thought about the Massage Therapists.... oh, I think I'm going to need a bigger lot.... naw... I will just keep them locked away in the basement... heh!

I'm running into a bit of a bug. My sims cant go to work or school when the mod is running. I've Removed it and re-added the mod cleaned up the folder and checked for conflicts no luck. Maybe it's because im running an earlier version of the game 1.25.136.1020 (Wireless card on the laptop i play on is fried) Sims dont need the stress of toddlers anyway lol.

I'm running into a bit of a bug. My sims cant go to work or school when the mod is running. I've Removed it and re-added the mod cleaned up the folder and checked for conflicts no luck. Maybe it's because im running an earlier version of the game 1.25.136.1020 (Wireless card on the laptop i play on is fried) Sims dont need the stress of toddlers anyway lol.

That is a horrible sounding bug.

I'm finally playing with the toddlers now and they are a handful.

The date of your vetsion should have nothing to do with the toddler update; the tuning files I'm workong with haven't changed since at least the December update.

As per a request from Mod the Sims where I post the <ahem> non-adult version of this, I'm going to be breaking up this mod into modules/components so everyone can use what they want (I'll still make available the complete fil though for all of us that want the whole thing). I mentioning this because if I can't replicate your issue then it most likely IS a conflict; its just one we can't see or suspect at this time. Check out Nathan's and my discussion with his issue; conflicts can come from the darndest places.

With the module system, we can identify the part of mod that is causing you issues.

I'm running into a bit of a bug. My sims cant go to work or school when the mod is running. I've Removed it and re-added the mod cleaned up the folder and checked for conflicts no luck. Maybe it's because im running an earlier version of the game 1.25.136.1020 (Wireless card on the laptop i play on is fried) Sims dont need the stress of toddlers anyway lol.

That is a horrible sounding bug.

I'm finally playing with the toddlers now and they are a handful.

The date of your vetsion should have nothing to do with the toddler update; the tuning files I'm workong with haven't changed since at least the December update.

As per a request from Mod the Sims where I post the <ahem> non-adult version of this, I'm going to be breaking up this mod into modules/components so everyone can use what they want (I'll still make available the complete fil though for all of us that want the whole thing). I mentioning this because if I can't replicate your issue then it most likely IS a conflict; its just one we can't see or suspect at this time. Check out Nathan's and my discussion with his issue; conflicts can come from the darndest places.

With the module system, we can identify the part of mod that is causing you issues.

Cool, Thanks for the response. I'm Gonna Poke around more tomorrow.

Hi Rhames,

I used your mod first for butlers clothes, and now I tested it for nannies and maids.

The three have different behaviors in "stay" at home when I leave my house for a while:

• Nanny realy stay at home and she's in the house when I'm back
  • Butler is coming back home when I come back home too, so he leaves the house when i'm not there
  • Maid left the house and only come back at 4:00 AM in the night.

Is it normal behaviors?

Hi Rhames,

I used your mod first for butlers clothes, and now I tested it for nannies and maids.

The three have different behaviors in "stay" at home when I leave my house for a while:

• Nanny realy stay at home and she's in the house when I'm back
  • Butler is coming back home when I come back home too, so he leaves the house when i'm not there
  • Maid left the house and only come back at 4:00 AM in the night.

Is it normal behaviors?

What is happening with the Butler is normal behavior since that is what is supposed to happen in the base game with Butlers and the only change I made to them so far is the use the seven default outfits (so you can customize them without having to change them back each time you zone and return to the lot) so no problems there at all.

In my case, the Nanny behaves like the Butler, so I raise an eyebrow that she is actually in the house after you zone back but keep in mind that Nanny's ARE supposed to stay in the house taking care of the kids while your Sim(s) are out; I'll take a close look at mine today and get back to you.

<As for the Maid, yeah something is not right.  My Maid behaves they way the Butler does; if I leave the sim is apparently "not on the lot" but she re-appears back almost immediately in my case.  As for the 4 AM that doesn't surprise me because that is the "start of the workday" for Maids. What seems to be happening in your case is something is going on when you leave the lot that is actually dismissing the maid (dismissing/asking to hang out/spend the night/ etc...) but she is showing back up at 4 AM because you have probably chose the scheduled Maid service (most of us do) and that is when the daily job starts for the Maid as I set it up.  Our job (you and me) is to figure out what is causing your Maid to get sent home for the rest of the day when you Zone versus why that is not happening.>

Heh. I bracketed and italicized the above text on the Maid because from my stress testing and experience (as recent as Friday) from zoning from the lot for several hours with a Sim that is what happened. However, my playing/test game was saved with a Sim off lot on a date while "performing" in public.  So I brought her home and saw what happened.

Here are the results:

1. My test Massage Therapist was sitting in the house waiting for me. Not a surprise at all considering that is what happened last time.

2. The Nanny was not there but re-appeared within 2 game minutes as she should.  No surprises.

3. Butler did not re-appear for about 1 game hour.  I'm not putting much stock in this because the lot is a penthouse and I didn't check outside where Butler's tend to stand around sometimes for a bit before coming in.

4. The Maid was NOT THERE and DID NOT re-appear until 4:00 AM.

Interesting. Same house, two days apart in real time with no patch updates and no change in mods over the weekend yet with different results (this is why I really try to replicate everyone's issues).  I do stand by my hypothesis that something is causing the Maid to end her work day; the only difference between the incidents for me is that she showed up as a walk-by NPC on the outside lot and I interacted with her the time I zoned and she wasn't there. I also checked by zoning to another house in another neighborhood and sure enough, the Maid was back at home waiting for me.

In any case, check out my experience above and see if anything rings a bell with you.  Also, THANK YOU for finding a procedural bug in the mod; I'll be working this week to fix it and it is a condition that I will be "stress testing" from now on.

I'm running into a bit of a bug. My sims cant go to work or school when the mod is running. I've Removed it and re-added the mod cleaned up the folder and checked for conflicts no luck. Maybe it's because im running an earlier version of the game 1.25.136.1020 (Wireless card on the laptop i play on is fried) Sims dont need the stress of toddlers anyway lol.

I've got the same issue (and with the same game version). I had to remove the mod till update my game or mod fix

I'll be breaking the mod up into components this week so we can find out what part on my end is contributing to this.

Nanny and maid work fine but if i try to recruit  someone for my plants they dont show up ,only have your mod and whicked whims installed.

I ran a simulation on my saved test game with the mod.  I will go over step by step what I did so that you can evaluate your game and we can find out what is going on. Please pay attention to my comments in italics because they might help you solve your issue.

1. For reference I have not touched or done anything with regards to the files for the gardener yet (that is coming this week).

2. Since I don't have "garden" yet in my test game, I went into inventory, bought a pot, bought some seeds and planted them. You obviously have done this already since the game will not let you hire a gardener without a "garden".

3. Went into menu and hired gardener. Since I haven't changed anything, the game notified me that I would have to wait until 9:05 AM next day.  Le the waiting begin.

4. At 9:05 AM, the gardener showed up, looked around and left.  The gardeners does this because they leave without doing anything if your plants are all green and don't need anything.  In your game, is it possible that the gardener showed up and left because they had nothing to do?.

​5. I exited, reloaded and repeated steps 1-3.  This time, I used a cheat to put my plant into the yellow.  I also went into my Butler's menu and ​turned off her gardening responsibilities.  If you do not turn this off, your Butler WILL tend to any distressed plants and the gardener will show up and leave because they have no work.​  The gardener showed up at 9:05, watered and watered the plant.

Based on these test results, I'm pretty certain I can eliminate incompetence on my part (and incompetence is ALWAYS an option) and therefore an actual "bug" with the mod.  That leaves two possibilities: either what I discovered in the stress test about your Butler having the plants tended and no work for the Gardener or there is a conflict.

Please check and confirm that the Gardener is showing up and then leaving immediately because there is no work.  You can also check your plants; if none need tending when the Gardener shows up at 9:05 the Gardener won't stay, period and will leave almost immediately (within 1-2 seconds). Please also check if your Butler is tending the plants also; that will keep them green and casue the Gardener to show up an dleave immediately.

Please remember that your Butler is a combined live-in Maid/Nanny/Repairman/Gardener; any or all of these features can be turned on/off through the Butler's responsibilities menu.  In my playtesting experience with the Butler, since purchasing the stuff pack on the day it went live, is that depending on the size of the house, the Butler can handle all the housekeeping; if it is a large house you'll need a maid to help keep up but a in a small house the Maid is a waste of Simoleons.  With regards to childcare, the Butler needs help from played Sims and/or a Nanny to deal with anything more than one kid; think of the Butler more as assistance for your Sim or Nanny.  Finally, the Butler easily keeps up with repair and gardening duties unless you have a massive garden.

Let me know but that is what I think is going on.

Hi Rhames,

​Doing a bit of debugging as you suggested, I found the culprit... it was, oddly enough, one of the "LunarEclipse-MFBottoms[HDSoftPenis]" packages. Not sure why it would be creating the issue... perhaps because I ran it through Sims 4 Studio to be sure it performed along current updates/patches, I don't know.

What I do know, is that when that package was removed from the mod list, the Butlers are now consistent in present households and the game is creating new ones for other households.

Strange, I would've thought it a script issue and not a content issue, but there we have it.

​Thanks for all of your help in this and your helpful tips and advice! 

My pleasure and THANK YOU for downloading my mod and using it.

As a thought, go into Sims 4 Studio and check to see what outfit types the skin/mod (if It counts as one and I think it does) is selected.  I know Sims 4 Studio makes CC available for situational outfits and off course random for NPC's and I wonder if it is one of those flags is causing the issue.

You might be able to HAVE your cake and EAT it yet....

Its working now could be that i missed him because the gardener dont come right after you call him like nanny or maid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Rhames.   This is my first post in a couple of years, but wanted to let you know that I love the mod; and of course I look forward to any future development.

After reading the previous comments, I am now afraid to leave my house, lol, lol.  But also, I wanted to say that the maid is cleaning up everything, even before it sits a minute.  I ordered a pizza and before I could put it on the table to serve it; she almost grabbed it out of my hand and placed into the fridge :(   And any drinks that I make or anything that is placed out to be served to guests gets swiped up as soon as it is placed, lol, lol.  Not sure if anyone else has seen this? 

I know this is still a wip of sorts, so I just wanted you to know.  Again, I love the mod; and please have fun as you continue to develop it.  Thanks for sharing your hard work ;)

Well, plus one thing - after placing something in a fridge the maid just stands there provoking the rest of hungry sims around to prepare new meals (even if their fridge is full of this stuff). Maybe it would be fine to find "a place to stay" somewhere aside for this helping hand?

Well, plus one thing - after placing something in a fridge the maid just stands there provoking the rest of hungry sims around to prepare new meals (even if their fridge is full of this stuff). Maybe it would be fine to find "a place to stay" somewhere aside for this helping hand?

Until I can figure something like that for the Maid you can always call her over to get her away from the fridge.

Interested in trying this mod, but will there be issues with it if I have a full house (8 sims)? I have not tried using help in Sims 4, so I don't know if a full house causes problems with help in general....

Nope. The beauty of NPC's is they dont't count towards your 8 sim limit. They DO count to the likit of how many sims can be on the lot, which is 20 I believe.

Hello Rhames. This is my first post in a couple of years, but wanted to let you know that I love the mod; and of course I look forward to any future development.

After reading the previous comments, I am now afraid to leave my house, lol, lol. But also, I wanted to say that the maid is cleaning up everything, even before it sits a minute. I ordered a pizza and before I could put it on the table to serve it; she almost grabbed it out of my hand and placed into the fridge :( And any drinks that I make or anything that is placed out to be served to guests gets swiped up as soon as it is placed, lol, lol. Not sure if anyone else has seen this?

I know this is still a wip of sorts, so I just wanted you to know. Again, I love the mod; and please have fun as you continue to develop it. Thanks for sharing your hard work ;)

Check out today's update; I think you'll be happy.

Until I can figure something like that for the Maid you can always call her over to get her away from the fridge.

It is an idea. Thx:)

And thank you for your mod. It introduces a lot into the game and I think is has a great potential.

Thanks Rhames for this update !!

I just need the spa addon to call a massage therapist ! One maid, one nanny, one butler and one gardener, it's not enough in my house !! :D

... perhaps there is a mod to call more than one of each service. Anyone knows about something like that ?

Thanks Rhames for this update !!

I just need the spa addon to call a massage therapist ! One maid, one nanny, one butler and one gardener, it's not enough in my house !! :D

... perhaps there is a mod to call more than one of each service. Anyone knows about something like that ?

There is none that I know of and that is part of the reason I started working on this mod.

Trust me, having more than one of each kind of NPC in the house is a Holy Grail for me and is one of my short and long term priorities for his mod.

I must be dumb, but I'm not understanding how this mod works. Is there supposed to be someone in your house already, or is it when you hire the maid as normal?

Normally, except for the Butler which just came out in December, if you hire an NPC the are only in the household for a limited amountnof time. The maid shows up and then leaves for they day when done. Same for the gardener and nanny. The repaiman, when introduced, is always ine shot.

Some players have tried to, for whatever their purposes, tried to get around this by creating household members such as these NPC's to take care of the duties so that their sims don't have to. Also, household sims created to be full time servants take up a household slot; NPC's do not.

As to other reasons why you would want full-time sims in your house that don't take up a household slot, all I have to say is that this an adult site where members use Wicked Whims.

When I hire a maid. I get this exception file warning from WickedWhims and the maid doesn't show up

http://pastebin.com/BFpLDzD4

I'll look into it. I was experimenting today with hiring more than one maid and had no problems with hiring the first maid. Like I said, I'll look through the file and see what I can find.

All right. Spent some time looking into it this afternoon and here are some observations that may help.

1. What version of WW are you running?  The reason I am asking is because I experimented with rolling back to various versions of WW going back to 82 in early February.  What I found is that while exceptions would generate, none generated in Version 83 because the Maids did not appear in that version. For WW, please check that you are running the latest version or at least not version 83. I am currently running version 90 BTW.

2. Once I cleared that up, I was able to pretty closely mimic your exception file with one caveat: I have no problems with the maid showing up.  In fact, right now I am at the point where I am able to get two(2) maids to show up at the same time.  This is the reason why I want you to check which version of WW you are running because I am able to replicate your situation that way.

3. With regards to the exception file, I think there are a couple of things going on in it.  The first is the WW exceptions in it; I think that is possibly a red herring going on with regards to my mod and Turbo will most likely fix it shortly on his own. I would recommend sending the exception file to him for review (I will send mine also) and that should clear any false signals.

4. What HAS to be coming from mine is the exceptions about the maid situation not ending; after all, it IS part of what the mod does.  I suspect I know what may be causing it and I'm going to try over the next day or so to fix it but I have a big commitment for the end of this week or weekend coming up so fair warning it may be a few days.

In any case, my biggest IMMEDIATE concern of what is happening with you involves the maid not showing up. I was able to replicate it and it was due to an old version of another mod (that had issues and was replaced within hours IIRC by Turbo).  I'm watching the exceptions  and trying to fix them but as of now they do not seem to be crashing the game and/or affecting stability; I'll know more once I'm able to get a good play session in.  This seems so far to be limited to the maid but I'm going to keep a close eye on the gardener just in case also and I'm going to ask everyone to do the same.

Hey Rhames01, thank you for the great Mod!

Is possible to make that the NPC to do something, how to fill her needs or act like a normal NPC, instead of standing still as a statue when she has not to clean? Seen her so, it's a bit unreal!

Anyway I want to thank you for wonderful work!

I'm definitely using the latest version of WW. I follow him on Patreon and I dowenload as soon as it comes out, so maybe it's too new? Yesterday I tested it and the maid showed up, but then immediately left and it generated another exception file

Here's an update.

1. I went on ahead an shut off script mods (thus disabling WW and MCC).  The end result was that I got an exception file that details what is happening with my mod.  While there are some exceptions coming from WW, they have nothing to do with any interaction with my mod.  In nother words, any exceptions coming up from me are because of me and not due to someone else's mod.

2. From what I can tell, the game generates an exception when it loads because it does not like a tune-able reference that loads.  Not sure that one is mine but I'll check.

3. The other two exceptions that generate are generated once the maid shows up and sees there is no work to do.  What I think is happening is in the script section of the game, it notes that there is no work to do and wants to send the maid home, but then it checks the xml in my mod and finds it can't.  It notes the the error in the exception file and then moves on.

The first thing here is that I don't know why it is generating the maid for me (I'm waiting to see if someone else reports your bug) but not for you.  You are using the most updated version of WW like me so that's not the difference and I use MCC (odds are you do to) so that's not it.  My questions is, what other mods do you use?

Also, the excpetions I'm generating SEEM to be harmless but I'll be watching them.  Once I learn how to top start editing the script part of the game I'll fix whatever inconsistency there is in there to eliminate the exception generated.

Hey Rhames01, thank you for the great Mod!

Is possible to make that the NPC to do something, how to fill her needs or act like a normal NPC, instead of standing still as a statue when she has not to clean? Seen her so, it's a bit unreal!

Anyway I want to thank you for wonderful work!

I'm assuming you're referring to the maid but it can definitely apply to the gardener also.

Yeah, I need to add some more autonomous actions, even if it's just reading a book so that we don't have have a class of robo-servants....

Unless you WANT robo servants that is....

Archived