Rhames' The Naughty Help

Rhames01

View File

Version 3.1 3-10-17 (new stuff first and in italics)

3-10-17

This update comes with two (2) attachments. INSTALL ONE OR THE OTHER, NOT BOTH. The first attachment is in the zip entitled RhamesTheNaughtyHelp3.1. This is a quality of life improvement with Maids that does the following:

• Added affordances to maids for watching TV, listening to stereo and dancing to stereo while removing the wait for work affordance. In English (or perfectly plain Penguin as Elijah Wood says in Happy Feet) this means that your maids no longer stand around like creepy zombies but instead do stuff and still react to do their maid stuff
  • As a side benefit of this, it seems to be eliminating the exceptions that are generated because the maids are standing around doing nothing while the in game script files say "time to go" while my altered xml's say "oh no you don't"....

The second file is a zip entitled RhamesTheNaughtyHelpBeta3.1 and this is where we get experimental. I managed to sort of do it; you can have more than one of the Maid, Nanny, Butler and Gardener. However, it is NOT done the way I want to do it. On Happy Planet Rhames, you can simply use the hire interaction multiple times, get multiple NPC's and deal with them an an individual basis. This way, you decide how many of each NPC you want. You decide which one you want. Unfortunately, the game is not cooperating this way and it looks like I'm going to have to go dumpster diving through the script files and modify some stuff there to make this dream work. Until then, I have this little work around I have been playing with for a couple of weeks now and I figured I should give all of you a chance to play around with it also. Here are the details:

• When you hire a Butler, Maid, Nanny or Gardner it will hire two (2) of each one initially. They are a package deal, dismiss or fire one, the other goes as well.
  • You'll notice I said initially. I actually set it for three (3) but for some reason when you up the number the final one doesn't show up until you zone out of the property at least once and come back. Why does it do this? F*** if I know.
  • So up to three of each one. Why three? Because I don't know how all of you want to play. Maybe you only want one Maid and three Butlers. Or vice versa. Or some other combo. Remember the standard zone limit of 20 sims (you can use MCC to set it higher if you like). Once again, this is not the solution I want but so many (myself included) have wanted this for so long that I was starting to feel like a selfish dick for keeping this to myself so you guys can play with this yourselves. Three seemed like a nice round number that still leaves some space for other sims if you don't up the lot limit from 20.
  • You'll notice Massage therapists are not on the list. That is because you can hire up to five (5) of them ANYWAY without this mod as long you have a massage table per therapist (hire them from the table).
  • Maids don't leave from their interactions; you have to cancel them from the phone menu
  • I'm not really fully supporting this because this is not a long term thing in the mod; I'll try to help with any questions (because I learn things by helping) but I view this as a chance to have fun while I figure out how to do it right.

Enjoy

Note: Requires Vintage Stuff Pack for Butlers and Spa Day for Massage Therapists.

I decided to "jump the gun" and differentiating the version of this mod here on LL to a more adult theme; this place is called Lover's Lab after all. In keeping with this theme, the version here will be called The Naughty Help in order to differentiate it from the version on Mod the Sims, The Hired Help. Any italicized text in the below descriptions will let you know what new features are in effect with the current update.

This mod does the following:

1. Adds several additional NPC's as full time residents to households just like a Butler. The additional NPC's at this time are the Maid, Nanny, Gardener and Massage Therapist. If you want the servant to leave, you fire/them dismiss them/ask to hangout as normal per the interaction menu. I also recommend the Free Services Trait because if the NPC hangs out for a while your bill may be high when they are done.

2. Adds a hidden trait, Horny Servant, to your hired NPC's. This trait does the following:

• Since it is a hidden trait, it will not spawn randomly as a personality trait in NPC's
  • Makes your NPC immune to culling and aging
  • Places a full time Happy +1 buff on the sim because they are Happy to Serve!
  • Drops/eliminates the autonomy emphasis of traits and emotions that you normally would not want in a Servant.
  • Adds the May I Service You? proximity buff that triggers when a household member aged Teen or higher is near the NPC
  • As a hidden trait, you may view the presence of this trait on your NPC if you have MCC and debug mode activated in a save before this version, tor another way to access debug mode. You can also use the above mentioned ways to add it to any existing NPC's in your game if you like.
  • Please note that if you had a Nanny or Butler in a saved game that was generated prior to this version of the mod, you will have to still add the hidden trait manually as described above

3. Makes it so that your hired NPC's do not use their default situational outfits. Instead, they will use their seven outfits so that you can customize them as you wish without having to reset them each time.

4. For all generated servants from this point on they will have the following traits blocked (will not generate with them): Mean, Hates Children, Evil, Insane, Kleptomaniac, Hot headed, Slob, Geek, Lazy, Glutton, Squeamish, Gloomy and Jealous.

5. All generated servants come with the Player trait already added as well.

6. With regards to Maids:

• They also come with speed cleaner pre-loaded
  • I believe I've fixed the bug where if you left the home, they maid would not re-appear until 4 AM. If anyone is interested, it was due to the way the game handles "Fake Work".
  • "Locked" hygiene so the don't become filthy as you use/abuse them and then have to use a cheat to clean them up

7. With regards to Nannies:

• They also come with mentor pre-loaded
  • "Locked" hygiene so the don't become filthy as you use/abuse them and then have to use a cheat to clean them up

8. With regards to Gardeners:

• They also come with Super Green Thumb pre-loaded
  • To hire a gardener, you have to have a garden. Buy a planter and put a seed in it. I'm pretty certain I fixed the interaction so that they don't leave if there is no work for them because your Butler took care of the plant already.
  • Pre-emptively fixed the fake work issue with Gardeners so it should not come up.
  • They have not been playtested as much yet so please let me know if issues come up

9. With regards to Massage Therapists

• The operate differently than the others (coding wise) so even though I have been using them for a few weeks I consider them in Beta
  • Hygiene is not locked but I think they bathe themselves. Keep your eyes peeled.
  • You can hire through the phone or through the massage table. Regardless, you need the massage table to hire them.
  • You can hire another, they will show up and promptly disappear. This has no effect on the one already hired. This is something I want to fix.
  • Hiring them is free but you still pay per massage. But really, that's not why they are there.

10. Public Service Announcement: if you have a service NPC you like, you can save them to your library, import them into another save and then hire them in the other save game. I've been doing it for a bit and it works regardless or whether you use this mod or not.

Next week and weekend are dicey for me so there may not be another update for a couple of weeks.

Until then,

Enjoy.

Now make the repairman stay in your bathroom, sleep on the floor and repair the toilet every time you poop. :D

Oh, the repairman is coming (interpret that any way you want).

My actual goal is to first add all the service NPC's as live in household members.  This will allow those of us on the adult boards fun playing options while still having a non-adult based mod that can be put up on Mod the Sims for everyone to enjoy.

Once the Maid, Gardener and Repairman are added, my plan is to split the mod in two: a non-adult version on Mod the Sims with the more focused on adult version here.  At that point, in the adult version, I'll be looking to add play-time features to the Hired Help.

FYI the Maid has already been added to my personal playtest version since right after I uploaded 1.0 yesterday and if all continues to go well I should have it posted and "live" this afternoon/evening assuming nothing else comes up.

One other thing: Pizza Delivery victim, when implemented, will be an optional add on.  Why? Because I am enjoying playing a Vampire right now and I am really having fun calling out for Dinner on Demand.

Thanks for this!!

If there was anything that I really find to be missing and would like to see added to this extensive list, at least for now, would be the ability for you create your own custom workers that are in a queued folder(s) [sort of like the Sims 4 Tray but for worker staff] so that it isn't pulling in-game/playable NPCs from other households to fill job roles... currently, storytelling-wise, I bounce between 5 families (one of which is a trio of succubi that just moved into the neighborhood with plans and goals)... so would like a queued worker folder system where you can go into CAS and alter/create from a template of traits, skills and aspirations that you've designed... but give the players (us) the ability to design our own workforce to our tastes to fill spots as needed.

Not sure if that is possible or not, but it is a thought. 

Thanks for this!!

If there was anything that I really find to be missing and would like to see added to this extensive list, at least for now, would be the ability for you create your own custom workers that are in a queued folder(s) [sort of like the Sims 4 Tray but for worker staff] so that it isn't pulling in-game/playable NPCs from other households to fill job roles... currently, storytelling-wise, I bounce between 5 families (one of which is a trio of succubi that just moved into the neighborhood with plans and goals)... so would like a queued worker folder system where you can go into CAS and alter/create from a template of traits, skills and aspirations that you've designed... but give the players (us) the ability to design our own workforce to our tastes to fill spots as needed.

Not sure if that is possible or not, but it is a thought. 

I think right now you almost have what you want as you describe it.

This is how it works right now with the mod:

1. You make the phone call to hire the NPC.

2. The game checks existing NPC Sims to see if any meet the criteria of the desired NPC's templete.

3. If the game finds a qualified NPC Sim, it becomes your NPC

4. If it doesn't, the game generates a new Sim and makes it your NPC.

5. This ends up in resulting a new, unique NPC generated per family each time you call for that NPC the first time.

So how does this work for, let's say as an example, maids?

The first time you hired a maid in a particular game, the game would look through the NPC's, see that none meet the criteria, generate a new NPC that meets the criteria, and then use them as your NPC maid.  Then, in that same game, whenever another family would call for a maid, the game would look through the NPC's, see that it had a qualified maid, and then use the same NPC as the maid for that different family.

Two things are going on here.  The first is that one of the traits in the maid template is a hidden trait called "Is Maid".  Because it is a hidden trait, it does not show up unless the game assigns it to an NPC and the only way it does that is when it creates a new NPC maid.  The second thing going on is there is an "exclusive" tag you can put on the various NPC's; what this does is when a game assigns an NPC to a hosehold, that NPC then belongs to the household and is not considered as available to use for another house.  Therefore the game creates a new maid for each household. You will notice that inmy description I have maid maids and nannies exclusive; butlers were already exclusive so there was no need to change things there.

Well then, how does this affect what you want?  Right now the game is creating a new NPC for you that fits however I've monkeyed around with the template. Usually, what I would do then as a player then is I would go into cas.fulledit mode in the character manager and make the sim look however I want.  The, I would use the debug mode provided by Deaderpool's MCC to add whatever skills and additional traits I wanted without having to make that Sim a part of a playable household. Voila, instant customized live in NPC.  I personally happen to like this approach because it generates useful, functional NPC's that are immediately playable and (in theory because I have seen the game generate some ugly-@ss Sims) while giving you the player the ability to customize them at their leisure.

FYI, in theory, you could create a Sim the way you wanted, set them up to play and add the "trait_ismaid" to the sim and then change them back to an NPC before hiring them.  This should work but you would still be stuck with the fact that the game itself will overlook your created sim if the skills and traits don't explicitly fall into the ranges of what the NPC template specifies.  In other words, you would have to have a template specifically customized for your needs and what you want may not be the same as what someone else wants which defeats the purpose of a mod that is useful and enjoyable to many.

It's simply easier to let the game generate a Sim as per the templates and then let you the player customize them to taste afterwards.

Hope this answered your question.

Hello Rhames,

First of all, I want to really thank you for taking so much time out of your day to explain how the mod works… I know firsthand the level of time it takes to type out and give concise answers, so you have my thanks!

I have been playing with the mod installed, first thing that I noticed is that as soon as my character is off the lot (in “travel” mode or “vacation” mode) for any longer than 4 Sim hours, when I return home, I have a different Butler (like in normal un-mod game version).

I had left the home in the care of Yasmin Ghomari and return to find [her sister, I assume] Salma Ghomari in her place.
Not sure if that was intended to continue to change butler home placement as normal or if you had it designed to be perma-house butler.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to explain things… thanks to you, I figured out how to alter the NPCs (was not aware there was a CAS full edit mode), I had only been using MCC’s CAS mode which only changes outfits, so thank you!

Hello Rhames,

First of all, I want to really thank you for taking so much time out of your day to explain how the mod works… I know firsthand the level of time it takes to type out and give concise answers, so you have my thanks!

I have been playing with the mod installed, first thing that I noticed is that as soon as my character is off the lot (in “travel” mode or “vacation” mode) for any longer than 4 Sim hours, when I return home, I have a different Butler (like in normal un-mod game version).

I had left the home in the care of Yasmin Ghomari and return to find [her sister, I assume] Salma Ghomari in her place.

Not sure if that was intended to continue to change butler home placement as normal or if you had it designed to be perma-house butler.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to explain things… thanks to you, I figured out how to alter the NPCs (was not aware there was a CAS full edit mode), I had only been using MCC’s CAS mode which only changes outfits, so thank you!

First stop stealing the sisters of my Ghomari Nanny.

Second: make certain you get into MCC's setting and activate debug mode if you haven't already. You can directly edit NPC's that way by adding and removing traits and setting all skills (including WW's sex and exhibitionism) that way.

Third, any confusion here is caused by my misreading your post so thank you for your patience. With the Mea Culpa done now, let's try to address the issue afflicting you.

I'll start off with a simple question so that I'm certain I'm understanding what you are telling me: when you say "I have a different Butler (like in normal un-mod game version)" do you mean that this behavior was happening before using the mod or did this behavior start after using the mod? I want to make certain I am properly understanding an important part of what is happening.

That said, here are a few additional observations from my end:

1. While I stress tested the mod before, I put mine through the same paces you described to try to replicate your bug; unfortunately I had no luck. I spent 24 hours out of the house by zoning in travel mode, returned and as before the making the mod, my NPC's weren't home.  However, as before, they promptly returned, dressed appropriately and were the correct Sims. I did the same by taking a one day vacation; same results.
  2. This doesn't mean there isn't something wrong here but if it is showing up for you and not showing up for me (and others IF they are not experiencing this bug) then that means there is something different in what we have installed, which probably means a mod.
  3. Speaking of mods, which ones do you have installed? By a mod I mean you can ignore "custom content"; I mean stuff that alters the game like mine, or MCC or WW. 

There is a reason I am asking about the mods.  There is a mod I used to have installed up to about three weeks ago.  This mod was useful but every time there was a major update/patch, not only would the mod not work, but I couldn't even click on a Sim.  So, I would take the mod out, wait for the author to fix it and then re-install.  But I also noticed little things; I was one of the few people who had the same Butler generated for every household (when I took the mod out the problem went away), when the last patch happened I literally could not use the new Main Menu (all I could do was continue my current game and exit, no load or new game).  All this ended when that mod went away.

Let's just keep this all in mind while we gather info.

Also, has anyone else run into this problem?

Hello Rhames, thank for you awesome work!!

May I aks a question? I dont know why but my sim cant go to work after I download your mod...

You're welcome and Thank You for the compliment.

Hmm, not one of the tuning files I touched has anything to do with a PC career or a played Sim going to work.  I also tested it out on my game and was not able to replicate your issue.  Therefore, I suspect my mod is conflicting with another mod that you have.

The question is, what other mods are you running?  Also, during next week's release/update I'll be breaking the mod up into modules so that everyone can have the choice to either use the whole package or pick and choose which parts they want.

Hi Rhames,

Sorry it took me so long to reply... long night at work.

​Currently the only game changing mods and scripts that I run are WW (current version), MC Command (also current version), Pose Player (the last update that was done on it) and Scumbumbo's Teleport Sim (to work with Pose Player) everything else is just regular content from TSR to make the Sims look better. As for game system, all current and all packages and updated (all licensed, no cracks).

​No matter what I do, I leave the lot and come back, new Butler spawns (fortunately relationships with them remain intact), the Maid remains the same all the time... though I am not able to assign her a bed like I am able to with the Butler.

​As for the Career bug that Taan2017 mentioned, I've not encountered that bug... able to go to work (as a ad writer) and return without any problems with the exception to a different Butler... but the maid is always waiting for me with opened arms. ;)

Hi Rhames,

Sorry it took me so long to reply... long night at work.

​Currently the only game changing mods and scripts that I run are WW (current version), MC Command (also current version), Pose Player (the last update that was done on it) and Scumbumbo's Teleport Sim (to work with Pose Player) everything else is just regular content from TSR to make the Sims look better. As for game system, all current and all packages and updated (all licensed, no cracks).

​No matter what I do, I leave the lot and come back, new Butler spawns (fortunately relationships with them remain intact), the Maid remains the same all the time... though I am not able to assign her a bed like I am able to with the Butler.

​As for the Career bug that Taan2017 mentioned, I've not encountered that bug... able to go to work (as a ad writer) and return without any problems with the exception to a different Butler... but the maid is always waiting for me with opened arms. ;)

First of all, thanks for the info.

We can can obviously disregard the custom content and the latest version of WW.

So that leaves the others.

Let's take a look at what is happening here with you.  When your Sim leaves the lot for more than 4 hours by zoning, you find your NPC Butler is replaced with a new Butler. The old Butler remains as a non-hired but something, somewhere is doing something to disqualify your existing Butler from service so the game is generating you a new one. So what is causing the game to cancel your Butler's employment?

Are you running ALL of MCC? By all of it, I mean including MCWooHoo and it's attached script file.  I actually dropped that module and it's script a couple of weeks ago (before I developed the mod) because it was causing all females in the game to change into random outfits when getting on exercise machines before cancelling the action and changing back to the original outfit. It had also developed other minor issues but since most of what is in that mod is duplicated in WW, I dropped it.

If I were you and wanted to troubleshoot this, I would do the following:

1. Remove the two MCWooHoo files from your mod folder and see if you get the error.

2. If not, return the files and try it with the other mods one at a time.

3. If it is still happening then cut and paste your mods folder out of the Sim 4 folder, repiar the game, return the mods folder and see what happens.

I think there is a conflict here and we simply need to find out where it is.

Hi Rhames,

​Doing a bit of debugging as you suggested, I found the culprit... it was, oddly enough, one of the "LunarEclipse-MFBottoms[HDSoftPenis]" packages. Not sure why it would be creating the issue... perhaps because I ran it through Sims 4 Studio to be sure it performed along current updates/patches, I don't know.

What I do know, is that when that package was removed from the mod list, the Butlers are now consistent in present households and the game is creating new ones for other households.

Strange, I would've thought it a script issue and not a content issue, but there we have it.

​Thanks for all of your help in this and your helpful tips and advice! 

Nanny and maid work fine but if i try to recruit  someone for my plants they dont show up ,only have your mod and whicked whims installed.

​Not sure what you mean by recruiting from plants, but currently this verison only does the Butlers, Nannys and Maids, doesn't do any of the other NPCs yet... and, as mentioned in other posts, I have found MC Command Center to be a must have mod for both this one and WickedWhims to get the most out of things.

​You can find MC Command Mod here: http://modthesims.info/d/551680

Hope that helps!

Nanny and maid work fine but if i try to recruit  someone for my plants they dont show up ,only have your mod and whicked whims installed.

I ran a simulation on my saved test game with the mod.  I will go over step by step what I did so that you can evaluate your game and we can find out what is going on. Please pay attention to my comments in italics because they might help you solve your issue.

1. For reference I have not touched or done anything with regards to the files for the gardener yet (that is coming this week).

2. Since I don't have "garden" yet in my test game, I went into inventory, bought a pot, bought some seeds and planted them. You obviously have done this already since the game will not let you hire a gardener without a "garden".

3. Went into menu and hired gardener. Since I haven't changed anything, the game notified me that I would have to wait until 9:05 AM next day.  Le the waiting begin.

4. At 9:05 AM, the gardener showed up, looked around and left.  The gardeners does this because they leave without doing anything if your plants are all green and don't need anything.  In your game, is it possible that the gardener showed up and left because they had nothing to do?.

​5. I exited, reloaded and repeated steps 1-3.  This time, I used a cheat to put my plant into the yellow.  I also went into my Butler's menu and ​turned off her gardening responsibilities.  If you do not turn this off, your Butler WILL tend to any distressed plants and the gardener will show up and leave because they have no work.​  The gardener showed up at 9:05, watered and watered the plant.

Based on these test results, I'm pretty certain I can eliminate incompetence on my part (and incompetence is ALWAYS an option) and therefore an actual "bug" with the mod.  That leaves two possibilities: either what I discovered in the stress test about your Butler having the plants tended and no work for the Gardener or there is a conflict.

Please check and confirm that the Gardener is showing up and then leaving immediately because there is no work.  You can also check your plants; if none need tending when the Gardener shows up at 9:05 the Gardener won't stay, period and will leave almost immediately (within 1-2 seconds). Please also check if your Butler is tending the plants also; that will keep them green and casue the Gardener to show up an dleave immediately.

Please remember that your Butler is a combined live-in Maid/Nanny/Repairman/Gardener; any or all of these features can be turned on/off through the Butler's responsibilities menu.  In my playtesting experience with the Butler, since purchasing the stuff pack on the day it went live, is that depending on the size of the house, the Butler can handle all the housekeeping; if it is a large house you'll need a maid to help keep up but a in a small house the Maid is a waste of Simoleons.  With regards to childcare, the Butler needs help from played Sims and/or a Nanny to deal with anything more than one kid; think of the Butler more as assistance for your Sim or Nanny.  Finally, the Butler easily keeps up with repair and gardening duties unless you have a massive garden.

Let me know but that is what I think is going on.

Hi Rhames,

​Doing a bit of debugging as you suggested, I found the culprit... it was, oddly enough, one of the "LunarEclipse-MFBottoms[HDSoftPenis]" packages. Not sure why it would be creating the issue... perhaps because I ran it through Sims 4 Studio to be sure it performed along current updates/patches, I don't know.

What I do know, is that when that package was removed from the mod list, the Butlers are now consistent in present households and the game is creating new ones for other households.

Strange, I would've thought it a script issue and not a content issue, but there we have it.

​Thanks for all of your help in this and your helpful tips and advice! 

My pleasure and THANK YOU for downloading my mod and using it.

As a thought, go into Sims 4 Studio and check to see what outfit types the skin/mod (if It counts as one and I think it does) is selected.  I know Sims 4 Studio makes CC available for situational outfits and off course random for NPC's and I wonder if it is one of those flags is causing the issue.

You might be able to HAVE your cake and EAT it yet....

My pleasure and THANK YOU for downloading my mod and using it.

As a thought, go into Sims 4 Studio and check to see what outfit types the skin/mod (if It counts as one and I think it does) is selected.  I know Sims 4 Studio makes CC available for situational outfits and off course random for NPC's and I wonder if it is one of those flags is causing the issue.

You might be able to HAVE your cake and EAT it yet....

​Yes, this is true, which is why  I have avoided using the Batch File Fix CAS option "Allow CC for Random" with my current build, Instead, I am now using the bodies and meshes of Luumia (Smoothish II, Bod-E II - Lean and TIT-E with Wild Guys "Female Body Details") without any errors to your mod.

​Looking forward to the Gardners and Repair Techs updates... until then, my Sim will be busy dominating the Maid, Nanny and Butler! *insert evil laugh*  ;)

i'm hoping to have Gardeners ready for next week.

What WILL be available is the removal of obnoxious traits from Maids, Horny Servant on Nannies, AND an at least Beta for MASSAGE THERAPISTS.

I have to lock hygiene on the massage therapist or change some of their autonomy to get them to bathe, otherwise the poor things become filthy from use and you have to chest their needs to clean them up because their "situation" doesn't allow them to bathe.

Oh the humanity!

Archived