So what do you do to relax?

Bazinga

Dunno if this was brought up before but what do you guys & gals do in order to relax?

As for me music always helps. Listening to chansons, alt country music and other forms of soft indie music is a guaranteed way to get me to calm down and chill out. So I often do that.

Another thing I love to do in order to find my inner peace, become one with nature, focus my chi or whatever is going outside and taking a walk in the forest. Or hiking in the mountains, there are quite a few close to where I live.

Or riding a bike.

And there is doing sports. That also helps to get all the poison coming from different outside sources out of my system.

Talking to friends or family doesn't help me btw, since I'm always the one who is expected to be the level-headed and calm guy so they just come and dump their problems on me. I don't do the same back to them. And for me personally talking about problems is a waste of time if it doesn't fix them, as is talking in general as long as it's not silly bullshit that does make fun of people who talk a lot (yeah, that's why I love Monty Python).

Okay, I still love writing long-winded forum posts though, weird...

So what do you do to calm down, chill out, maybe even find back your inner strength, focus your chi, get one with the universe etc?

edit:

I came up with the idea for this thread when watching this btw:

I love it, I think it's genius!  :D

Buzzr channel

Fallout 4

Blogging

reading up on you guys

Hiking to the supermarket on cold wet days to buy coffeecake (yeah, that's why I go, "coffeecake")

I sometimes miss the point of threads. I mean you prolly wanted something like "surfing, dude".

Ms hotness will be by soon, I just know it,

She sells sea shells by the sea shore (actually it's real estate, but try saying that in a poem)

smoking cheap cigarettes that taste pretty bad (they last longer)

Hogan's heroes

(I made myself laugh)

i used to smoke lots of weed to relax from everydays stress, due to the fact that you only "borrow" the peace for a while i stopped it a year ago.

having sex is also very good to get relaxed

when i get insomnia i just grab my longboard and drive through the city a few hours.

sitting on the rooftop and listen to reggae is also very satisfying

thinking about nice things that happened in my life, bad things that happened and about the infinity after the death is kind of getting me chilly everytime

yeah the forest...taking a walk there is like to escape the reality for a few hours but i hate it everytime when i get back to the concrete jungle..

watching old good movies, somehow the monologue of johnny depp in fear and loathing makes me feel very good :D i dont know why.. maybe its his voice..

make sure you dont get to much visual input, close your eyes, stop to force control over everything and just live the flow of life :>

Edit: Other then maybe adding in pot, I think every-bodies answer will be mostly the same.

I'm an alcoholic, 3 years sober now so I don't drink. For some reason pot makes me paranoid, all the times I've tried it that is. Plus none of my friends smoke anymore so I don't know where to get some unless I get an Rx from the doctor lol. I'd love to get into a sport but I'm so lazy, historical martial arts looks pretty cool and airsoft, but that's kind of an expensive hobby.

Archived