[mod] [CK2] DW - The Mercenary Commander

What should I work on for release this weekend?

-More Flavor events for individual members of the band?

-More randomness to the slut pilgrim journey to the Red Hand? (To make it more fun to repeat.)

-New characters with custom static portraits?

-Combat/War events for the band/Commander?

Combat/war events sounds intresting. Though I think more work on the Red Hand members would be a good choice. At the moment when ever Athena dies, I find myself loading up a save before she died. Not just because it feels less fun when she is dead; but also, when  she dies a lot of the time the heir to the Red Hand is: Slutbag! Needless to say, as the name implies, she is only good for one thing.

Freja and Kanika always seem to get sent off as concubines, so I'm not sure if that means they cannot inherit? 

At the end of the day though just work on whatever you think should be worked on first.

I have to admit though, the slut of the Red hand becoming the leader of the Red hand is pretty amusing.

Also, the event to "spend time" does that currently only work with Athena? Because I have the option for her; but no one else. Not sure if that is because it's only an option for her, or it's not working for anyone else.

I started up a quick game in 1066.

Both Freja and Kanika were married off. I waited a few years and killed Athena. This time, the legendary, Slutbag did not inherit. It was just a random male character who did. I then killed him and his clone inherited and so on. It seems the game was spawning in new male characters to inherit while there was still actual members of the Red Hand alive.

I also took  Kanika as my concubine. However, when I tried selecting to spend time with her it was blanked out and said: 30-day visit recovery. I waited 4 months still locked.

I took a few screenshots if you think they will help you in anyway?

Thanks. I'm going to dig in deep. More shine and polish, less content for a bit. Thanks CountShaun, and thanks Ngppgn. I really appreciate your understanding. I am still an excited neophyte when it comes to modding CK2. I'm much further along than I had once that I would be, but I still have learning to do.

Glad I can help! Every bit each of us gets better is a neat gain for the community.

Speaking of, looking at the code there are some littke shiny trickthat can be done to make the code a bit shorter and a little more efficient, if you are interested on them.

For example, there are ways to have a single event have different description and picture depending on conditions of the receiver, instead of a hidden event to check conditions amd the sending different events accordingly (for example a female event and a male event).

Oh, something I noticed is that after you first click the decision to Recruit a special commander, during rhe subsewuent event chain, you can click the decision again. This should be disallowed so as to avoid duplicated event chains.

I have to admit though, the slut of the Red hand becoming the leader of the Red hand is pretty amusing.

I can't recreate this.   Sure sometimes SlutBag, or Cockhole may show up as the "heir apparent", but upon the death of the commander an "On_Action" event fires to create a new commander.  In that way I try to make it certain that we will always have a Red Hand Veteran in command because we make a new one specifically for the role.  (Part of the issue is that with mercenary bands, the game can try to force a male courtier into the position and it will create one if it can't find one, thats why I can't just have the succesion work like a normal enatic.)

I just went through 15 commanders, killing them each off and the event fired to make a new one every time.

Try with version 1.31a and see if theres any change?  If not I need more information.  What mods are you running, what were you doing when it occured, etc.

I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but in the last update the recruitment chain is broken: the decision fires event .1 instead of event .2, which should be the starting event, acording to the file's comments.

Fixed.  I change that sometimes to make testing quicker.  I need to stop that.

I can't recreate this.   Sure sometimes SlutBag, or Cockhole may show up as the "heir apparent", but upon the death of the commander an "On_Action" event fires to create a new commander.  In that way I try to make it certain that we will always have a Red Hand Veteran in command because we make a new one specifically for the role.  (Part of the issue is that with mercenary bands, the game can try to force a male courtier into the position and it will create one if it can't find one, thats why I can't just have the succesion work like a normal enatic.)

I just went through 15 commanders, killing them each off and the event fired to make a new one every time.

Try with version 1.31a and see if theres any change?  If not I need more information.  What mods are you running, what were you doing when it occured, etc.

I no longer get Slutbag as leader of The Red Hand.

So, the "Spend Time With" event that you're highlighting is the one from Dark World Reborn.  The one you want is the one that specifies the name of the character in question.  As seen in the screenshot below.

attachicon.gifexample_freja.jpg

This works if you have Freja as a lover. If you take her as a concubine there is no option.

Work on the update is coming along nicely for this week. The Dark World Remedy Custom Portrait mod will be introducing over 100 different custom portrait options, split among Orcs, Elves, Tentacle-kin, and Kitsune.]

DewGuru mentioned in the Dark World Reborn thread today that he has a massive amount of portraits incoming to Dark World. As quoted above.

Due to this I will be reworking where I have my portraits located in "ReMeDy the Magnificent's" Dark World Portrait mod. Just a heads up on that.

Also, paradox announced the official word that the new expansion is releasing on March 7th. Eagerly anticipated as it has been, my issue is that I will be going on a business trip on March 13th so I won't have time to really dig into it much. I will endeavor to update everything as best I can before I leave for the week.

Hey there!! 

I just updated the mode. And weirdly, it's gone from my game. 

I started a new game.

I check the dependency. All good. 

I followed the instructions for the custom portraits. 

But for some reason it doesn't work. 

It was working great before I updated. 

V1.32 uploaded.

-Reworked the Mercenary Commander portraits to a different portrait set within Dark World ReMeDy's portrait mod to avoid incompatibility issues with Dark World Reborns incoming update.

-Kanika and Freja now spawn in the players court rather than inside the Red Hand.  This will keep them from getting married off to the ends of the earth, and gives the player more options.  An in-game event will pop up to tell you the commander is sending them to you to act as liaisons and to serve you in any capacity.

Do you have the .mod file installed in the mod directory as well as the Mercenary Commander folder?

I assume by "it's gone" you mean it's not showing up in the mod list?

Hi! Sorry for my late response... 

No. It's in my mod list. 

But I don't have the event that trigger the events leading to the red hand anymore. The "hire a special commander" event

I don't know if it helps but here is what the .mod says 

name = "Dark World: The Mercenary Commander"

path = "mod/DW The Mercenary Commander"
dependencies = {
"Dark World Reborn v1.45"
"Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits"
}

Did you already recruit them and use the "play" console command to move to a different character?

Check your vassals tab to be sure they aren't there.

Are they available in a new game if you started over?

Silly question, but is the mod checkmarked in your mod list?