[mod] [CK2] DW - The Mercenary Commander

On 11/5/2018 at 7:48 AM, lockeslylcrit said:

Thanks for the update! I have taken a look at the code of Mercenary Commander and fixed a few problems for you. Namely parsing errors, changing the dependency version number in the .mod file, cleaning up super old Dark World traits, and various stuff. I haven't taken a look at the DW Content Pack though.

Here's the zip file with just the updated files: DWMCupdate.zip

hey this download nor mr treasons content pack work any chance you have another copy laying around to upload?

On 11/5/2018 at 7:48 AM, lockeslylcrit said:

Thanks for the update! I have taken a look at the code of Mercenary Commander and fixed a few problems for you. Namely parsing errors, changing the dependency version number in the .mod file, cleaning up super old Dark World traits, and various stuff. I haven't taken a look at the DW Content Pack though.

Here's the zip file with just the updated files: DWMCupdate.zip

hey this download nor mr treasons content pack work any chance you have another copy laying around to upload?

15 minutes ago, NinjaDork said:

Just checking, is this compatible with DW Fantasy?  It doesn't say so in the main description.

This mod dates back to when it was still Dark World Reborn. Off the top of my head I don't think anything has changed that would make it incompatible, though you might have to check the .mod file to edit any dependencies (just use a text editor).

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, rilaxx said:

Hi hi ! 

I tried to change de dependencies and it doesn't seem to work...

Is there an other way to make this mode compatible with fantasy ? 

This mod needs to be reworked for the current version of Crusader Kings 2.

I really can't say exactly why but this mod still works at 80-90% of what it used to in my game, which I run DW-Fantasy & Co. in... Strange to see others saying it doesn't work. The only thing that's currently broken (as far as I can tell) is the "Spar with" side-event with one of the two named NPCs you get. The blonde, who I always cart off to Constantinople as a Spymaster.

Perhaps I have an older release of the mod, perhaps I gutted something out of it, I can't recall. I also still have the old Dark World files floating around in my install which might explain it? No clue, they're not loaded anymore. I can't live without this mod anymore, having a vassal mercenary company is the tits. >_>

• 2 weeks later...

Since 2.0 DWF the portrait swapping no longer works (as it uses the old way of replacing portraits from before the rework of DWF) the Mercenaries show up, but use CK II portraits (which is fine, but maybe there is a way to fix it? im not sure) That's what I have experienced, but it does seem to work otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

Sup.

TTContent_mercomrecruit.txt

TTContent_redhand.txt

Place these in the /events/ folder and overwrite when asked.

The problem about the portraits was because they were calling for the old DWR portrait traits (e.g. portrait223, portrait45, etc) and not the portrait traits that were included in Mercenary Commander (e.g. mercom_portrait223, mercom_portrait45, etc)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So when I extracted the file, it came up with the folder for the mod, and then a movie type file, which when I click on (not open) in file explorer freezes my game, and now I can't delete the primary folder which holds both files. So thanks for that. :/

14 minutes ago, Lord0Trade said:

So when I extracted the file, it came up with the folder for the mod, and then a movie type file, which when I click on (not open) in file explorer freezes my game, and now I can't delete the primary folder which holds both files. So thanks for that. :/

Of course now it fixes itself and I can delete it. Never mind

On 4/17/2019 at 7:04 AM, lockeslylcrit said:

Sup.

TTContent_mercomrecruit.txt 26.51 kB · 82 downloads

TTContent_redhand.txt 67.68 kB · 83 downloads

Place these in the /events/ folder and overwrite when asked.

The problem about the portraits was because they were calling for the old DWR portrait traits (e.g. portrait223, portrait45, etc) and not the portrait traits that were included in Mercenary Commander (e.g. mercom_portrait223, mercom_portrait45, etc)

edit: had a problem and found a fix that needs to be done otherwise youll get black face with number. Just need to copy the portraits that are called for to the file name where they would be in the numbered order. ex: mercom_remedy_portrait_swapping to mercom_remedy_portrait_swapping09.  Last edit, promise, thanks again Locks for all your mods and hard work!

On 5/6/2019 at 5:57 PM, Lord0Trade said:

Of course now it fixes itself and I can delete it. Never mind

Just so you know, CK2 mods have the same extension as a movie file, but basically read as a corrupted file to a movie player, so just don't try to open the mod file by double-clicking it or with a movie player.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 4:50 AM, RyuDraconis said:

edit: had a problem and found a fix that needs to be done otherwise youll get black face with number. Just need to copy the portraits that are called for to the file name where they would be in the numbered order. ex: mercom_remedy_portrait_swapping to mercom_remedy_portrait_swapping09.  Last edit, promise, thanks again Locks for all your mods and hard work!

I'm afraid I can't understand what you are saying to do here. Which file should I be modifying?

• 4 weeks later...

I went ahead and made an updated file for you guys:

DW The Mercenary Commander (Final) v2.zip

Changes:

MASSIVELY reduced the file size by changing the encoding of the DDS files.

Removed the unused placeholder static portrait files

Renamed GFX_portrait_mercom_remedy_portrait_swapping09 in the interface file to GFX_portrait_mercom_remedy_portrait_swapping

Renamed all portraitXXX traits in the event files to mercom_portraitXXX

Removed all portrait traits from the portrait traits file except the ones that were used (it was originally 9mb!)

Added Dark World Fantasy as a dependency in the .mod file. I kept the Dark World Reborn dependency if you still wish to play DWR instead.

27 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

DW The Mercenary Commander (Final) v2.zip 13.44 MB · 4 downloads

Changes:

Renamed GFX_portrait_mercom_remedy_portrait_swapping09 in the interface file to GFX_portrait_mercom_remedy_portrait_swapping

Removed all portrait traits from the portrait traits file except the ones that were used (it was originally 9mb!)

Added Dark World Fantasy as a dependency in the .mod file. I kept the Dark World Reborn dependency if you still wish to play DWR instead.

you are a godsend much appreciated

10 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

DW The Mercenary Commander (Final) v2.zip 13.44 MB · 20 downloads

Changes:

So I just install it and click it on in the mods list and it'll work with Dark World Fantasy?