[mod] [CK2] DW - The Mercenary Commander

One or two issue with the text above and the difference with my original idea:

1. The commander says the ruler has earned the right to have "a" redhand commander. However due to the nature of the mercenary band being linked to the family, the player can already have several commanders. What I wanted was a way to create warrior futanaries against a high price.
  2. The nature of the narration driven event is that the text do not change. Meaning that if we have to make the pilgrimage for each recruitment, and read the same text again and again, it'll stat to be a bit boring. To alleviate that, it is better to fire the narration once and then unlock the ability to recruit futa redhand. This was the idea I went for with my modification, as to be able to recruit a commander the ruler needs to be a futaslut.

The intrigue menu is the right place for the decision. That's where the player will look for that kind of feature.

The dna isn't relevant if we are using portrait. And to be honest, it's a bit annoying to define for generic NPC. I'd use the dna to create high ranking officials (there is always 3 to 4 high tier member in the mercenary band, I believe), but the rest can have default values.

So yeah, I'd keep the narration to a minimum. Something to unlock per ruler, as a ritual to rekindle the link between the family and the mercenary band. The story can be used to explain whatever is happening, but when dealing with the gameplay it is best not to be too intrusive (i.e. the need to click away several popups to get a commander).

Once the pilgrimage is done by the ruler, and the ruler designed as futaslut, the mod could generate other kinds of event chains. One in which the ruler needs to service the futa present in his/her court. The ability to send other courtiers in pilgrimage. One could create a futa lover in the ruler's court. Each could unlock different actions from the intrigue menu.

I also noticed that it is impossible to seduce a futa while playing a woman, nor is it possible to marry one. This could also be ground to implement a new mechanic.

I'll keep playing with the current mod, and I might try to implement a way to recruit a mage from the redhand (dunno if that's compatible with the canon you are installing though). Because dark world's mage tower thingy is limited to 2 unique NPC and that's annoying. More futa based ritual my way! Oh, and spells to transform people into futa or traps, eh eh eh.

Edit: by this I mean that I am still learning, not that I will do a fork or anything. It will most likely go into another personal mod.

PS. if you need NPC to tell a story, don't wait for the player to generate them. Simply fire a random event if a set of conditions are present. Example: "A member of the RedHand is requesting an audience, her name is Lydia, blah blah blah."

Edited by bicobus

Let me start off by saying how exciting it is that I will at least have a bit more reason to maintain my family's connection to the Red Hand beyond my first ruler who recruits them! As a non-modder, I thought I would also chime in and throw out a couple things which may or may not be useful. Feel free to disregard.

First, the events in which I recruit the Red Hand are always the same. The first time through, it's an amazing bit of writing that I REALLY enjoyed going through. Unfortunately, beyond that it's the same stuff that I have to click through any time I start a new run. Would it be possible to put an option to skip all or most of that and get the mercenaries on my side? I ask this if, and only if, that opening event is never going to change, as if there were some randomness to it, I'd be inclined to try again.

Second, once I have the Red Hand, my ruler (and his or her descendants) must actually make a pilgrimage to become an official Red Hand Slut. As before, the initial trip is amazing, but then the events quickly run out and there's very little reason to keep doing it, since the Red Hand will serve me anyways and there's no more content. With the addition of being able to recruit a commander for myself, that gives me a reason, but I think this pilgrimage should really be the crux of the mod... the meat of the content if you will, and it'd be cool if there was more to this part which kept it relevant throughout a play-through. The two suggestions I have for this are: 

1) More stuff that happens during a pilgrimage. Easier said than done I know, but since each 'event' usually happens within the span of one or two pages, and each event is separate from any others that might occur, I was wondering if you'd take submissions from fans of your mod. Basically, anyone who wanted to could write up a quick thing that a futa might do to the ruler, post it, and have it show up in the mod (possibly with some editing) if it seems to fit.

2) Advantages to becoming a Futa Cum Slut. Right now, all my ruler gets from the pilgrimage is a character trait that gives a general negative opinion. With the above add-on, I get the ability to recruit a commander for myself as well, but then what? It'd be neat if events would happen around the court with Alpha Futas once my character has this trait. Events similar to the training one with Freja, but less specific to those initial characters since they will go away. One example might be that the current Red Hand commander will randomly demand that futa daughters of mine join THEIR band, which of course could screw with my inheritance plans. Again, maybe you'd take submissions from fans to write things up, in order to lower your personal burden in this regard.

Hopefully I've contributed in some way, and given the chance I might contribute more in the future. Either way, I will always keep using this mod. ^_^

Let me start off by saying how exciting it is that I will at least have a bit more reason to maintain my family's connection to the Red Hand beyond my first ruler who recruits them! As a non-modder, I thought I would also chime in and throw out a couple things which may or may not be useful. Feel free to disregard.

First, the events in which I recruit the Red Hand are always the same. The first time through, it's an amazing bit of writing that I REALLY enjoyed going through. Unfortunately, beyond that it's the same stuff that I have to click through any time I start a new run. Would it be possible to put an option to skip all or most of that and get the mercenaries on my side? I ask this if, and only if, that opening event is never going to change, as if there were some randomness to it, I'd be inclined to try again.

Second, once I have the Red Hand, my ruler (and his or her descendants) must actually make a pilgrimage to become an official Red Hand Slut. As before, the initial trip is amazing, but then the events quickly run out and there's very little reason to keep doing it, since the Red Hand will serve me anyways and there's no more content. With the addition of being able to recruit a commander for myself, that gives me a reason, but I think this pilgrimage should really be the crux of the mod... the meat of the content if you will, and it'd be cool if there was more to this part which kept it relevant throughout a play-through. The two suggestions I have for this are: 

1) More stuff that happens during a pilgrimage. Easier said than done I know, but since each 'event' usually happens within the span of one or two pages, and each event is separate from any others that might occur, I was wondering if you'd take submissions from fans of your mod. Basically, anyone who wanted to could write up a quick thing that a futa might do to the ruler, post it, and have it show up in the mod (possibly with some editing) if it seems to fit.

2) Advantages to becoming a Futa Cum Slut. Right now, all my ruler gets from the pilgrimage is a character trait that gives a general negative opinion. With the above add-on, I get the ability to recruit a commander for myself as well, but then what? It'd be neat if events would happen around the court with Alpha Futas once my character has this trait. Events similar to the training one with Freja, but less specific to those initial characters since they will go away. One example might be that the current Red Hand commander will randomly demand that futa daughters of mine join THEIR band, which of course could screw with my inheritance plans. Again, maybe you'd take submissions from fans to write things up, in order to lower your personal burden in this regard.

Hopefully I've contributed in some way, and given the chance I might contribute more in the future. Either way, I will always keep using this mod. ^_^

I'm no expert, but I believe that with how events that lead to other events can work in CK2 as a flat random chance of x event occuring, the red hand slut chain could have more content added that way if people are willing to contribute further written work and the modder accepts the work as quality enough for his mod, or he writes more himself, I believe that you can use one of those delayed event chains (like introducing the craftsmanship guild that some time later fails or gives you an economic boost in vanilla) to have stuff in court occur based off of earlier decisions to give that slippery slope to being owned by the red hand feel while letting you "enable" these things instead of them just happening and you feeling cheated (I feel the futa asking if you want to be a cuckold will be a setup for such a delayed event in the future) but I'm not really sure if there's a script that can be written that involves making all characters that have one specific trait leave your court for another 

but I'm no expert in this field I've just played a lot of CK2 and have some rudimentary knowledge of the coding behind events

I just read these posts and I'm taking in all the advice. I appreciate it all. I do think that the beginning chain needs an option to skip if the player has already gone through it or simply doesn't feel the need to go through it.

If anyone wants to contribute to the mod, I'm very open to that. If you have events you want to see, write them up and send me them with some artwork. If they fit thematically the I'll include them. (I think anyone who enjoys this mod already completely gets the theme in that vein.)

Bicobus, if you want to create a recruit mage option and you wouldn't mind putting it into the main mod for everyone else to enjoy to, we can do that. Just make each file a separate one from the original mod and it would be super easy to insert anything you make.

Adding content to the pilgrimage would take a little extra work but I wouldn't mind. Variety is the spice that keeps everyone having fun.

About the pilgrimage, the way I look at it would be closer to the religious pilgrimage to the holy sites. First the ruler needs to find the redhand, that doesn't change. But once the redhand is created, the following pilgrimage can take a bit of randomization each time. Events could fire during it like meeting other pilgrims or getting lost.

As additional content, given we talk about pilgrimage, the redhand could be transformed into a holy order and requires of the ruler to give them a holding or something similar. I don't want to dabble with religion stuff though, so it can be in names only. Once they have a holding, anything can be made. This whole thing isn't needed, but it just seem a bit more logical to me as introduction.

--

For the mage thingy I'm thinking about, I plan to create an chain of events to introduce the futa mage into the court as "liaison" between the band and the ruler. Her services would be available to rulers with futaslut trait, other futas and redhand veterans. Her role is to spread the futa love, there won't be "cheaty" spells or mechanic though. At the mage's death, a new one will be dispatched by the band. That means that the spells can't be linked to a specific character, and thus the general content would feel more generic.

I think it's pretty good for a first step :)

Of course, I would make the thing available once I'm happy with it. But I'll be writing this based on the version of the mod currently running on my game (1.35). Since it's new stuff and nothing should override the original files, integration will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been dabbling with an event based system to summon and keep a futa mage in court, but the way I originally wanted to implement this was flawed. Basically a new mage would be automatically summoned at the death of the previous member. That's a bad idea. Instead I'll keep it simple and stupid and require the player to summon a new mage through the intrigue interface whenever the conditions are met. I haven't done much progress because the scopes confused me, which is also why I want to go with a simpler system.

Which leads me to the point of integration. I would either like to trigger this randomly after the initial pilgrimage or during one of the subsequent ones. Basically, it would either be a random story event or something hard coded into the base mod. The second option is somewhat problematic as it would require some coordination. The first option may lead the player to never see the event firing. I'm not really sure which path to take here, especially since you are working on a new pilgrimage thing?

And lastly, I'm not a writer. I don't know what to write or how to write the story of the futamage. So anything I release would be of poor quality story wise. Basically, she'd be sent to magically create more futa so the red hand get to have a higher pool of warrior to recruit from. Since the ruler is a futa slut, it's not a problem on his end. Based on this event, I would like to proceed and give a very small chance to apply the cumslut and futaslut trait on courtiers.

I'll also need to create a set of portrait specific for the mage's class. And make sure the futamage stay within the court of the player, but I have no idea how to do that.

Hay! good to see this mod back, and the direction this project is taking is great! I'm really loving this mod!

I liked the idea of a Futamage in my court. Storywise, it would be interesting if the Red Hands had a small circle of witches, who use magic or brew potions that could turn people into Futas to fill the ranks of the warband, and also server as healers and such. Maybe the Commander would allow one of those witches to go to the ruler's court to serve as court physician, at the price of, you know, sex, and occasionally messing up with courtiers with her magic/potions in "experiments". As of how she would showing up in the court, I think it would be nice if this decision could be unlocked after an encounter with one of those witches in a pilgrimage, who "tooked a fancy" for the ruler while his stay and comed up with this idea.

Peace guys! Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so I bumped into an interesting bug where the futanari trait is replaced if you gain the futanari cumslut trait, and vice versa. I'm fairly sure it wasn't any of my mods conflicting, I removed both Christianity and Darkest Perversions and the bug was still occurring, and those were the only mods I had that edited traits besides the main Dark World Reborn module itself.

Yeah, futacumslut has futa as its opposite. I guess that is how the game resolve issues. For example, if you have the lustful trait but becomes chaste, you'll lose the lustful because it's the opposite of chastity.

Better ask Mr_Treason the intent with futacumslut. To my understanding, that shouldn't be an opposite to a physical trait.

I'm pretty sure, concerning the discussion in the earlier pages of the thread, that this isn't intentional. I don't know a damn thing about code, but my guess is that when setting the parameters for the cumsluts in the Red Hand court, that opposite was set to prevent them from also being futas, but had the unintended effect of removing the dicks of players as well. That's just my guess, but we'll see when Mr_Treason has time to post again what's up with that.

I haven't looked at the traits for the futa commanders in awhile, but I would think perhaps they should have a trait called 'Alpha Futa' or the like, and that should be the opposite of futa cumslut, since it's only the alphas who have the power to subdue others with their cocks.

Might be something easily changed, if Mr Treason keeps updating this mod. ^_^

Hey, so I bumped into an interesting bug where the futanari trait is replaced if you gain the futanari cumslut trait, and vice versa. I'm fairly sure it wasn't any of my mods conflicting, I removed both Christianity and Darkest Perversions and the bug was still occurring, and those were the only mods I had that edited traits besides the main Dark World Reborn module itself.

Thats a mistake on my part.  I do that kind of thing.  I'm working on an update right now but it's slow going.

Bare with me and I'll get it finished, and when I do I'll correct this issue as well.

• 1 month later...

any considerations on making content for a futa player? I have a habit of modifying mods that I use ( customisation ) so for this mod I was experimenting when player claims the company ( currently through claim/console) and I added to the spend time a check to enable when the NPC has the redhandslut trait.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, I checked around for a bit and refreshed my memory. This mods uses the default behavior for flags, which is assigned by name only. The internal name for the mercenary band is "c_red_hand", which is the name for the flag file. If there is a title in those mod with the same name, then it would pose conflict. If there is not, then I have no idea of what is going wrong and is probably a bug in the game itself - unless somebody smarter than myself can figure this out.

Reference: https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Coats_of_arms_modding#Flags

• 2 weeks later...

I've still been continuing work.  Right now I'm roughly halfway finished with an overhaul to the mod and a lot of new content.  I don't want to put up the progress / incomplete work till it's more ... coherent.  You can expect something big to drop from me sometime next month.  Earlier if the planets align and I get a lot of free-time.

2 hours ago, Mr_Treason said:

I've still been continuing work.  Right now I'm roughly halfway finished with an overhaul to the mod and a lot of new content.  I don't want to put up the progress / incomplete work till it's more ... coherent.  You can expect something big to drop from me sometime next month.  Earlier if the planets align and I get a lot of free-time.

Can't wait! 

• 2 weeks later...

Still working, and I'm roughly 60% done.  I've got 5 or six new event chains, an entire "Sexual Torture" system in place (localisation for both the Assailant, and the Victim.), some bestiality stuff, more futa stuff of course, but at this point I'm thinking the new amalgamation (Which is still growing in size and scope.) is outside of the scope of Mercenary Commander.

I may wind up posting the entire thing as a new Mod, (that would include a very updated version of Mercenary Commander.) 

Or should I try to section it out (More work, which would slow me down, but it would give folks more options if they don't want all the extra stuff.)

Am I overthinking this?

If by "section it out" you mean something like DW game choices that allow players at the start of their game to turn on/off various content, for example bestiality? If you can do that then I think it would accommodate your entire audience. You can then go crazy with your imagination and not worry too much.