[WW] WickedWhims MacBook Help

LexxN

Hi! I'm very new to scripts and CC, I first downloaded WickedWhims a few days ago, and it worked perfectly. So then I tried to add more animations by downloading and putting them into my mod folder, it stopped working. So I went ahead and tried to take it all out and start from scratch. Now I can't get any of the mods I download what so ever no matter what it is to work. I followed the instructions to a tee and I'm coming up empty. I am using a MacBook so a lot of the stuff I have researched to try to fix and get the WW to work is of no help since most help is for PC. I really would love to use this. Thanks so much in advance. I'm really at a loss here. The version I have is 1.27.80.1220. I've gone over all the what may be going wrong by check marking what the FAQ's say in TurboDrivers post. Nothing has worked. Not sure if it's because I have a Mac or what.

Here is my PasteBin with all the lastexception.txt: http://pastebin.com/u/LexxN

I've also attached a screenshot of my Sims folder

post-1704787-0-79722900-1486084324_thumb.png

Hey LexxN!

WickedWhims works with the most current game version.

Installation Mistakes
The most common mistakes happen to everybody so check them regardless of your pride and computer knowledge.
Please don't use the installer for Windows on Linux or Mac systems. It's not designed for it and you don't need it to install the game.

1. Files structure of mods is pretty strict and putting mod files into too many folders will cause the game to not find them. If your mods are in a folder that is in a folder that is in a folder that is in a folder, you most likely have to fix that. Don't do too many folders, the game can't find the files in them.

2. After every game update, you have to enable mods in settings again. Every single time when the game gets updates all of your mods get disabled. Enable them in settings.

3. Extract downloaded mods. Some of them might need to be in a ZIP or RAR files, but a lot of them require unpacking. Extract them no matter what and if they don't include a note that you shouldn't do it, then you probably should do it.

4. Multiple mods versions. If your mods folder is a mess, you probably have the same mod installed multiple times. Having WickedWhims installed twice or more is a huge mistake. Remove everything related to WickedWhims and install it again.

5. Update. Outdated mods are the most common issue when a game update occurs and you might not be even aware of it.

Mod Compatibility
The Sims 4 works on Windows, Linux and Mac system and the same is for every mod that exists. WickedWhims is supported by all of the systems.
Note that installation on a different system may require different tools to extract archives. Here's a list of popular tools used to extract files:
Windows - WinRAR / 7-Zip
Linux - p7zip
Mac - Keka

Please don't use the installer for Windows on Linux or Mac systems. It's not designed for it and you don't need it to install the mod.

Versions support is dependant on the listed supported versions in the WickedWhims topic. It's recommended to always have the most recent version of the game.
You can find the version of your game in the main menu of the game in the bottom-left corner.

So should I download the two you have that do not have the windows installer or just the most recently updated one? Also should I delete the last exception.txt?

You always need only the most recent version of the mod.

Once last exception file is shared you don't need it anymore.

• 1 year later...

I downloaded Wicked whims and it does works and I downloaded some animations. But I only have two sex options, like the base game animations. But I downloaded many animations and should have more options. I deleted every animations and downloaded again but that didn't worked too. Could please someone help me ????? (Sorry for my english)

Archived