STD'S Mod

alotandalot

i like to make my worlds as realistic as possible Ā so i have been Ā searching for mods that fit , and Ā std's in a very big part of it. i know they have one for sims 3 , though i dont Ā remember the name. but is anyone able to make one? and who else thinks its a good idea?

STDs could work like the deseases in Get to Work (and require the Expansion). And it would work like every Time there is Sex without Condom, no matter what type of sex, even if its just teasing, but cant be masturbation, there would be a small (like 5%, adjustable) chance of getting a such a desease that would have to be cured useing vanilla methods.
If haveing unprotected Sex with someone that has one of those deseases would rise that chance much higher (like 80%, adjustable).
The purpose of it being just... adding realism, I guess...
Storytelling...
I dont need it, but it may benefit certain playstyles...

I recall there was a nrass mod called the vector for the sims 3 (That was a lot of fun to play around with). I think the kinky world mod also allowed for STDS to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I really think this would be a great idea Turbodriver,Ā 

My sim really has no other reason to use a condom besides pregnancy and it would just add realism to the game and the promiscuity of our sims. Consequences determine a our actions in a big way as people and sims just don't have them.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think this is an amazing idea to go off of the disease system that already is in game, if you donā€™t mind Iā€™d like to add on a little

Ā 

like there are 4 STDs that cannot be cured and they are Herpes, Hepatitis B, HPV, and HIV I think this should work similar in the game, once the sim has one of these 4 they have it for life!

Ā 

HIV is also fatal and there are a few ways this could be accomplished as well such as a increased hunger drop speed (accommodating weight loss) as well as the inability to gain weight for the matter. HIV also can cause energy drops and for athletic sims they should be able to get fatigued quicker!!Ā 

Ā 

With all of these STDs I listed above a lot of them go symptomless but cause damage in the process so itā€™s up to your sim to have an std test done at the hospital to prove they have it and to get some sort of medication to lessen the affect and for HIV prevent deathĀ 

Ā 

For sims who wish to get pregnant but their partner has an STD they still can but can go to the hospital and receive a 12-hour std prevention treatment which is 98% effective in preventing sims from getting one of the 4 permanent STDs (based off the real life 12-hour hiv prevention)Ā 

Ā 

This mod should include as well the other few STDs that can be cured like gonorrhea, clymedia, Syphilis, crabs,Ā Chancroid,Ā Trichomoniasis, and Yeast Infections (which can randomly occur on female sims and spread to males during unprotected sex)

Ā 

And finally sex shouldnā€™t be the only way sims can get STDs though they have a higher chance of getting it through sex (80% unprotected and 10% protected) but sims should also be able to get them through fighting (5% chance due to blood from fight) and through kissing, hugging, etc on anyone who has crabs or herpes (2%)Ā 

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2018 at 1:59 AM, randomsinnersims said:

I think this is an amazing idea to go off of the disease system that already is in game, if you donā€™t mind Iā€™d like to add on a little

Ā 

like there are 4 STDs that cannot be cured and they are Herpes, Hepatitis B, HPV, and HIV I think this should work similar in the game, once the sim has one of these 4 they have it for life!

Ā 

HIV is also fatal and there are a few ways this could be accomplished as well such as a increased hunger drop speed (accommodating weight loss) as well as the inability to gain weight for the matter. HIV also can cause energy drops and for athletic sims they should be able to get fatigued quicker!!Ā 

Ā 

With all of these STDs I listed above a lot of them go symptomless but cause damage in the process so itā€™s up to your sim to have an std test done at the hospital to prove they have it and to get some sort of medication to lessen the affect and for HIV prevent deathĀ 

Ā 

For sims who wish to get pregnant but their partner has an STD they still can but can go to the hospital and receive a 12-hour std prevention treatment which is 98% effective in preventing sims from getting one of the 4 permanent STDs (based off the real life 12-hour hiv prevention)Ā 

Ā 

This mod should include as well the other few STDs that can be cured like gonorrhea, clymedia, Syphilis, crabs,Ā Chancroid,Ā Trichomoniasis, and Yeast Infections (which can randomly occur on female sims and spread to males during unprotected sex)

Ā 

And finally sex shouldnā€™t be the only way sims can get STDs though they have a higher chance of getting it through sex (80% unprotected and 10% protected) but sims should also be able to get them through fighting (5% chance due to blood from fight) and through kissing, hugging, etc on anyone who has crabs or herpes (2%)Ā 

This is an absolutely amazing idea. I like the idea of the side effects for the STDs, especially the more serious conditions. I think coding wise, some of the effects may be a little difficult to implement, such as the weight loss and inability to gain weight. However, if there is an easy way to do (such as modifications to the metabolism trait for that sim and/or a permanent Ravenous moodlet that forces the infected into a permanent state of Critically Low Hunger, and they could die if they do not eat) then I would be all for it. Exhausted and Dangerously tired moodlets are also options here.

Ā 

Some of the less serious STD's would be a little easier in my opinion, as they could just modify the infected sims moodlets (uncomfortable, sadness, nausea, etc).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived