Creation Kit: Dialogue Failing To Start (No Starting Topic?)

Feliks

Hi everyone, so I've been working on a mod and run into an issue I can't seem to get around.

A branch of Dialogue won't start no matter what I try. This isn't an SEQ issue because that's been regenerated and this isn't a Start-game Enabled Quest. I have a Forcegreet and Branch in another quest that play, and then this one should be available but the NPC won't let it start.

The conditions are set up properly with a GetIsID pointed to the Actor, and a GetQuestStage at < 10 (Quest is at stage 0 at this point, confirmed in console) but he won't even let the dialogue menu open when you try and talk to him.

Checked it out in TES5Edit with check errors and found two instances of :

DLBR \ SNAM - Starting Topic -> Found a NULL reference, expected: DIAL

but have no idea how to fix that. I tried correcting it via TES5Edit and resetting the starting topic in the CK but nothing changes in game.

I couldn't find anything googling around so has anyone else encountered this or have an idea on how to fix it?

So it ended up having something to do with an AI package I was using for a forcegreet. Not really sure what it was, but removing the package from his alias, and just putting all the dialogue in a regular conversation (and then some more work because I apparently managed to set that up wrong too) did the trick.

Archived