Conan Exiles Modding (EA coming on 1/31/17)

Voltanis

yeah, that download.... Had to delete   5 - 6 games to make room.

Is any of the data redundant? There are tutorial files in the Conan Exile game folder.

Sorry for the noob question . Game engines are totally new to me.

I'm expecting a lot of the data will be audio files, considering how back when Titanfall was released about 40 of its 50 gig size was uncompressed audio.

I'd advise against deleting files randomly. Even though you might never use them for your modding projects there's a chance something critical is referencing those files. I suppose as time goes on people will maybe figure out if there's any files that could be safely deleted. For now I'd advise against it.

Thanks, did the very basic tutorial for the UI layout and creating the brazier which wasn't a problem but I was a little groggy at 3 in the morning when the file finally finished downloading.

Also, Is the Conan dev only usable while online? I did go into offline mode but the screen was pretty much empty and didn't see any way to open even the main tutorial stuff. It only seems to be accessable online.

What exactly do I need to work with the modding tools? It's currently still downloading, but I want to be prepared. Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. :P

How easy is it to modify values like craft recipes, item durability and weapon damage in this tool?

Freaking thing is still downloading.

Don't think its too hard, since there are many Ark mods already.

If i remember, the engine is C++ based (you just need to find the file with the values, and change).

Also remember any modding tutorial from ark would work on Conan (same engine, same files)

How easy is it to modify values like craft recipes, item durability and weapon damage in this tool?

Don't think so, since there are many Ark mods already.

Also remember any modding tutorial from ark would work on Conan (same engine, same files)

Not true per se, Funcom could've built this game still in a very different structural way than for Ark. I've done some quick first looking around, but I sure hope Funcom will come up with a bit of a manual like the Ark manual linked here earlier.

Don't think so, since there are many Ark mods already.

Not true per se, Funcom could've built this game still in a very different structural way than for Ark. I've done some quick first looking around, but I sure hope Funcom will come up with a bit of a manual like the Ark manual linked here earlier.

Oh crap. If only i had HDD space to see that

Wasn't the armor system in CE was already allowed people run around with topless/bottomless armors?

True. But you're not as protected from attacks, I just want the armors that are in-game already to be even more revealing.

I'm pretty sure you can just delete the meshes if you want nude armor. I'm going to try and play around with the default armor's later but I've only ever did that with Oblivion and Skyrim using nifscope before. 

So with local play you can save your game buy making a copy of the save file and storing it somewhere. Would people like a simple save game manager tool or would that just be a waste of time since it's easy to do by hand?

I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. Maybe just a simple texture edit?

Here's a pic of the editor:

attachicon.gifscreen.jpg

there is a barge load of vids and tutorials for UE, the Funcom branch is probably identical to official UE4. So, any tutorials for UE4 will work with CE's UE. You'll be up late with all the youtube vids out there. Epic also has great resources for learning. By far the best editor on the market for access and ease of use. Just going to take a bit of learning curve. 

I modded with original UE.. it's a really easy editor breakout. And, if you're into architecture, it's a great concept/demo tool.

Archived