Conan Exiles Modding (EA coming on 1/31/17)

Voltanis

Hello Dear Conan Exile modders, can someone help me please to solve my problem with importing exported model from blender back to Unreal Editor? I am getting error message that multiple roots was found on model, but I can see only one root bone in the model. I am adding a screenshot of my hierarchy in blender and error message.

There are multiple roots: b_root (skeleton actual root) and (SK_human_female_underwear which is created by stupid unreal editor export). When you reimport edited skeletal mesh it first tries to merge skeletons, it sees sk_human_underwear on top of hierarchy and treats it as a root, but then it sees b_root in both skeletons and treets that too as a root.

In order to reimport skeletal mesh it has to have b_root on top of hierarchy. When you fix your multiple roots problem, the dumb reimport script can't figure out what is mesh and what is bone and starts treating everything as a bone, so you'll have to work around it and rename mesh to already existing bone not used in animations, like b_prop_1, b_prop_2, b_prop_3, b_prop_4.

Your hierarchy should look like this:

post-1373-0-60423600-1488904454_thumb.jpg

P.S. also you might need to rotate it 90 degrees on x axis (some meshes come with -90 degrees rotation).

Hello Dear Conan Exile modders, can someone help me please to solve my problem with importing exported model from blender back to Unreal Editor? I am getting error message that multiple roots was found on model, but I can see only one root bone in the model. I am adding a screenshot of my hierarchy in blender and error message.

There are multiple roots: b_root (skeleton actual root) and (SK_human_female_underwear which is created by stupid unreal editor export). When you reimport edited skeletal mesh it first tries to merge skeletons, it sees sk_human_underwear on top of hierarchy and treats it as a root, but then it sees b_root in both skeletons and treets that too as a root.

In order to reimport skeletal mesh it has to have b_root on top of hierarchy. When you fix your multiple roots problem, the dumb reimport script can't figure out what is mesh and what is bone and starts treating everything as a bone, so you'll have to work around it and rename mesh to already existing bone not used in animations, like b_prop_1, b_prop_2, b_prop_3, b_prop_4.

attachicon.gif122.jpg

P.S. also you might need to rotate it 90 degrees on x axis (some meshes come with -90 degrees rotation).

Thank you for this information. Looks like in Maya I was able to fix it just by using "unparent", but I can't understand how to fix this in blender without breaking bind of mesh to skeleton. Anyway, I found another very big problem and looks like you guys trying to find a solution for this too: mod creation ("cooking") takes unbelievable amount of time. It takes so much time that I have no idea how someone has enough patience to wait for that. Maybe it is real to create a mod only when I go to sleep and I don't need to use my PC  :(

attachicon.gif122.jpg

Thank you for this information. Looks like in Maya I was able to fix it just by using "unparent", but I can't understand how to fix this in blender without breaking bind of mesh to skeleton. Anyway, I found another very big problem and looks like you guys trying to find a solution for this too: mod creation ("cooking") takes unbelievable amount of time. It takes so much time that I have no idea how someone has enough patience to wait for that. Maybe it is real to create a mod only when I go to sleep and I don't need to use my PC  :(

Yes, It can take way over an hour.

Anyone close to make a more detailed body for female models i.e. Detailed genitals, Different patterned pubic hair 

Or for the sake of asking has anyone even attempted or tried? Would love to see this added or something as I feel this is something that is SERIOUSLY lacking out off all the mods..

If someone can point me to the texture files I can take a shot.

Anyone close to make a more detailed body for female models i.e. Detailed genitals, Different patterned pubic hair 

Or for the sake of asking has anyone even attempted or tried? Would love to see this added or something as I feel this is something that is SERIOUSLY lacking out off all the mods..

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/72520-conan-exiles-modding-ea-coming-on-13117/?p=1819736

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5j53t8t11lce2cq/textures.7z

This is the link to the texture files provided by Chekist I believe.

The breasts physics is great and all, but i wish for more adequate breast size scaling.
The "no limits sliders" mod dont make them a nice shape looking, combined with clothes is just another story of horrible.

They just dont look natural(implying that beachball sized boobs are naturall in any way).

Oh! And multiple characters slots would be great too, so i dont need to delete previous one again and again so i can check it out.

Guest oxyg1n

Do you make the animations with Blender or 3d Max or other program? If we can make animations with blender I would like to make some animations!!

Animations are just information about how the bones move. You can use Max or Blender (i think).  And as long as that information is a .fbx file and built on a UE4 skeleton then it will work. I am doing some porting of .kf files from animations for the Skyrim skeleton, however it's proving to be quite the mess - the hands are always positioned wrong or the middle finger is way off in the distance. So I'm being very selective on what is being retargeted and it's just looks sloppy. What we need are animations built on the skeleton that Conan uses. That will allow the best looking animations.

I'm not an animator but for those of you who are talented and interested in making animations; here are the male and female skeletal meshes straight out of the game. I believe either Blender or Max can open these .fbx files. Let me know if I'm wrong or these aren't the right files.

SK_human.zip

Guest oxyg1n

I'm trying to wrap up my mod and I was going to try to publish it WIP today but I've just been shut down by gekkou1992 on the nexus forums. He won't allow me to release my mod that's using his animations. He said "I don't permit to include my files." :(

These guys have the same problem too.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/73599-nazonootokos-animations-for-slal/?p=1821671

Not sure how to continue right now... I'd have to find a whole new set of animations with start and loops stages to replace. Unless anyone knows of any Skyrim animations that fit the bill.

Arg!!! and UE4 keeps crashing...

I'm trying to wrap up my mod and I was going to try to publish it WIP today but I've just been shut down by gekkou1992 on the nexus forums. He won't allow me to release my mod that's using his animations. He said "I don't permit to include my files." :(

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/73599-nazonootokos-animations-for-slal/?p=1821671

Not sure how to continue right now... I'd have to find a whole new set of animations with start and loops stages to replace. Unless anyone knows of any Skyrim animations that fit the bill.

Wow really..... What a dick head....

I would say see if you can shop around and find someone to help you..

I think it is bull shit however that they won't even work with you to find a middle ground so you can use it I would say ask and maybe give them some compensation as well as their credit for their work but I doubt you wanna to give a royalty fee lets say...

What is everyone running this on?  I just ordered a Cyberpower machine and just want to make sure I'll have NO problems running the game.  Current FrankenPC can't handle it.... at all.  Anyone have a Cyberpower?

The hell is a Cyberpower?

Maybe there is a modder here in LL willing to share? Leito/Anubis, idk.

What is everyone running this on?  I just ordered a Cyberpower machine and just want to make sure I'll have NO problems running the game.  Current FrankenPC can't handle it.... at all.  Anyone have a Cyberpower?

Just a brand name.  Not sure I can cancel it if it's a suck computer brand... probably would have needed to do it pretty quick.  Parts seem fine, but I haven't ordered a gaming computer before.  I usually just Franken-cobble one together that's JUST good enough to play my current favorite game.   Thanks for the reply though.

Just a brand name.  Not sure I can cancel it if it's a suck computer brand... probably would have needed to do it pretty quick.  Parts seem fine, but I haven't ordered a gaming computer before.  I usually just Franken-cobble one together that's JUST good enough to play my current favorite game.   Thanks for the reply though.

I have Cyberpower and it has been good to me thus far the only thing I can Honestly say is that they have heating issues but you get a good fan in there then it's no worries

i7-5930K/2xgtx 980/32 GB RAM: getting 45-55 fps on 2560x1440p (using SLI fix from reddit)

i7-6700/gtx 970/16 GB RAM: getting 45-50 fps on 1920x1080p

The game isn't cpu hungry at all, but it uses a lot of VRAM and performance is very dependant on your graphics card, so I'd advise a modern mid-range/high-range graphics card with 4GB RAM or higher, if you want high framerates or planning to play on 2560x1440p or higher.

Checked Cyberpower UK website, they are offering overprised machines mostly with gtx 1050/gtx 1050 Ti. I doubt that gtx 1050 can provide high framerates on maxed settings for Conan Exiles.

A bit of advise, if I may.. Don't buy branded PCs, they usually charge you an extra 10-30% of value of the components for the "brand" and assembly. Just order components and build your pc yourself, if you are looking to save some money.

Hey guys! I must admit I haven't checked this thread in a while. If anyone wants me to link their mod or any other thread related to Conan Exiles modding on the first post let me know. Exiles doesn't have it's own section and I figured some might want to make things easier to find in this thread as it grows. 

You were the one working on the sex mod right? Well, I'm not a GOOD animator but I know the basics.

If you have some patience (and can't find some other animations that the owner has no problems with being taken) I'm willing to give it the good ol' college try, if only for a public "proof of concept" mod with placeholder animations.

I have Cyberpower and it has been good to me thus far the only thing I can Honestly say is that they have heating issues but you get a good fan in there then it's no worries

TYVM....  I got the liquid cooled machine though some people warned me off it.  I hope that works.

Guest oxyg1n

You were the one working on the sex mod right? Well, I'm not a GOOD animator but I know the basics.

If you have some patience (and can't find some other animations that the owner has no problems with being taken) I'm willing to give it the good ol' college try, if only for a public "proof of concept" mod with placeholder animations.

Yeah. That's all I'm looking for are some animations that I can use to go along with the mod. I'm not sure how we'd handle having a mod use animations from an animation package. I have to add things to the animations that help with the flow of the logic and sound effects.

I'm talking with someone who has some great animations. But it's not confirmed yet. So I think I'm good for now. But feel free to make some more animations. There's a good chance that this or others mods will use them. Even if it's not Conan Exiles.

i7-5930K/2xgtx 980/32 GB RAM: getting 45-55 fps on 2560x1440p (using SLI fix from reddit)

i7-6700/gtx 970/16 GB RAM: getting 45-50 fps on 1920x1080p

The game isn't cpu hungry at all, but it uses a lot of VRAM and performance is very dependant on your graphics card, so I'd advise a modern mid-range/high-range graphics card with 4GB RAM or higher, if you want high framerates or planning to play on 2560x1440p or higher.

Checked Cyberpower UK website, they are offering overprised machines mostly with gtx 1050/gtx 1050 Ti. I doubt that gtx 1050 can provide high framerates on maxed settings for Conan Exiles.

A bit of advise, if I may.. Don't buy branded PCs, they usually charge you an extra 10-30% of value of the components for the "brand" and assembly. Just order components and build your pc yourself, if you are looking to save some money.

Thanks for the replies guys.   I got the 1080, though I guess I should have waited since the 1080 Ti is apparently worth the wait.  I've been finding more out in the last few days and all these answers have made me a bit more comfortable.  

Had a good laugh today.... my purchase wasn't customizable, I just got what they had as a Cyberpower reseller.  Someone told me to go to the Cyberpower main site and see what I could get at the same price.....  I'm looking around and see a 9000 dollar computer(definitely not mine)... the person says just for fun see what you can customize on that one.  Hit customization button.... a $500 chair.  :lol:

Yeah. That's all I'm looking for are some animations that I can use to go along with the mod. I'm not sure how we'd handle having a mod use animations from an animation package. I have to add things to the animations that help with the flow of the logic and sound effects.

I'm talking with someone who has some great animations. But it's not confirmed yet. So I think I'm good for now. But feel free to make some more animations. There's a good chance that this or others mods will use them. Even if it's not Conan Exiles.

To be fair even if the animations are sub par I think it's about time we got some kinda sex animations into the game.

To be fair even if the animations are sub par I think it's about time we got some kinda sex animations into the game.

Archived