Gotha Rensa Armor Conversion for Dream Girl HDT

Sinus

When I stumbled over YuiH's tumblr screenies of the Gotha Rensa armor I thought "Mmm, I want this for the Dream Girl body". After some tinkering in Bodyslide (tried both – CBBE and UNP) I noticed that I can't accept the output – Bodyslide sure doesn't like this armor on the DG body, because it wants to distort all the fine details (upper midsection, twigs, chains) just to fit it onto somehow. There are even distortions in areas where it doesn't make sense – because only minimal scaling should be necessary...

So instead of converting to Bodyslide I went the other way and made a manual DG conversion mainly for myself – but maybe someone else has use for it too? Why should only the other body mods have all the fun...

As for permissions: None! That's how many I got when I started the conversion.

Credits by http://ninirim.tistory.com

Pearl Abyss studio, Korea

1st Author – Black Desert Online, Pearl Abyss

Conversion & Remeshing by Ahnini

Retexture by Regenbot03

Requirements:

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

HDT physics

RaceMenu 3.4.4+ or NetImmerse Override 3.4.4+ for the high heels

Gotha Rensa Bodyslide CBBE or at least the TEXTURES from it

Dream Girl body (obviously?) or at least fitting body textures installed

Comes with its own esp file:

- necessary since I changed the high heel system

- and also the armor type from heavy to light – not enough plate on this, seriously – at least it got leather parts!

so you can install it beside the Bodyslide version or instead, up to you.

post-85731-0-64351100-1485543634_thumb.jpg

Download

While I was it, I did some optional textures as a replacer – so YuiH and others don't have to destroy the armor for more skin. If you want to use them with some other body version it's worth mentioning that Bodyslide doesn't provide a full body under the "upper" armor – so you will have to do so some extra NIF editing (NifSkope copy pasta) or you will be displeased with the outcome.

post-85731-0-82143800-1485543641_thumb.jpgpost-85731-0-69361200-1485543646_thumb.jpg

Download

And because I got carried away with the poser mods, here the rest of the screenies just for fun. Enjoy!

post-85731-0-07393600-1485543650_thumb.jpgpost-85731-0-85951900-1485543654_thumb.jpgpost-85731-0-13177300-1485543659_thumb.jpgpost-85731-0-93752800-1485543663_thumb.jpgpost-85731-0-44865100-1485543668_thumb.jpgpost-85731-0-94217700-1485543672_thumb.jpgpost-85731-0-36219200-1485543677_thumb.jpgpost-85731-0-44718100-1485543746_thumb.jpgpost-85731-0-63270300-1485543751_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thx a lot for sharing it, but I have a problem with your mod: 

When I equip your converted armor pieces, it replaces the respective body parts with nothingness.

As for requirements, I have installed the original mod and use UNP textures, which afaik work with dream girl.

Any idea why it won't show?

is there a way you can take the crappy veil and leave the horns as an option?

Certainly doable, but I worked almost a week on the proper conversion including edits - usually I modify armors for myself and cut away parts to see more skin - but this one I wanted to keep complete - so I'm not in the mood to touch the files again right now

can you do also for uunp? if not still cool ill use like that with body at 0 weight so, not the best but still cool.

I don't do UNP - I'm a DG only fanboy - try the bodyslide as suggested

Thx a lot for sharing it, but I have a problem with your mod: 

When I equip your converted armor pieces, it replaces the respective body parts with nothingness.

As for requirements, I have installed the original mod and use UNP textures, which afaik work with dream girl.

Any idea why it won't show?

Sorry, my bad - I thought about changing the mesh directory but didn't follow through in the esp file

Either download again (I corrected the path) - or simply move the "GothaRensaDG" folder one depth higher (out of "armor" into the normal "meshes" folder)

is there a way you can take the crappy veil and leave the horns as an option?

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but voicing it in this way does not necessarily give the result you want. You may find more a helpful response if you don't describe part of the mod author's work as "crappy", especially as the mod author is giving this material to you for free.

Perhaps you could have asked "Is there a way you can remove the veil and leave the awesome horns as an option?"

My comment is intended to be helpful suggestion. :shy:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but voicing it in this way does not necessarily give the result you want. You may find more a helpful response if you don't describe part of the mod author's work as "crappy", especially as the mod author is giving this material to you for free.

There's that AND I took some extra time reweighting the hood to bounce nicer then the bodyslide version... so it's a shame he doesn't like it :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have always used DreamGirl since she came out and have followed all her changes. Right now I'm using the UUNP HDT DreamGirl preset offered by HeroDeLeyenda, his textures as well. Now with bodyslide, I can convert many things that were once just a wish. I used this armor first with the UUNPBodyslide edition, it was fine but only one texture choice. I then saw yours and uninstalled the bodyslide one but took the textures from it for yours. It is well done indeed for the DG body! Thank you!. After looking at it with AddItemMenu I was pleasantly surprised to find four texture color variants but none had the "open air" feel of the outfit in your screenshots :). Have I done something wrong? Thanks again! Beautiful job!

Archived