Question to CK2 Modding

Merlchen

Hello,

i want to ask a more general questinon to Modding.

At which point you can say you have a Mod? At the first Event you add to the game or need it more content to call it  a mod? 

I ask to have a clue at which point it is a good idea to try to share it.

Sincerely

Merle

If you made something that you use in your game, that you enjoy using, and that you think others might find interesting, then you can package it and share it as a mod.

A 'mod' doesn't have to be thousands of lines of code and descriptions like Dark Word.

There are some mods that I use in other games that are little more than an edit to a single script, which I wasn't feeling like editing myself.

So, with mods, it's not the size that counts, but how you use it. ;)

I just posted a "Loading Screen" mod that consists of nothing more than an index file and about 18 images.  Talk about simple.  It's barely anything.

(Someone is going to look at that thing, realize how easy it is to do, and make their own.  That's the best.  When people make their own versions and we get lots of different varieties to choose from.  That is what grows a modding community.)

Hello,

me again ^-^

I found in the CK2 modding wiki the option to have multi discribtion for a event.

character_event = {
  id = mymod.733
  desc = EVTDESCmymod.733.1
  desc = EVTDESCmymod.733.2
  desc = EVTDESCmymod.733.3
  desc = EVTDESCmymod.733.4
}

My question is now is, can i make it to a "random_list" block to adjust the percent numbers like:

random_list = {
        40 = {desc = EVTDESCmymod.733.1
	}
	15 = {desc = EVTDESCmymod.733.2
	}
	45 = {desc = EVTDESCmymod.733.3
	}
}

and if, can i do the same for  the title? i have one event that will jump one step back by one of the option you can choose, to the second option of the first step. But i want to adjust the Title and desc by the jump back just abit to make it fit with the second step choose without making a whole new event to keep the chain simple.

I am sorry for all my questions but i hope you can help me.

Sincerely

Merle

Hello. I don't know about the title, but with the description you can do something like that, with a little workaround. use this code within the main body of the event:

#these commands will execute even before the event text id printed. We'll take #advantage of that.
   immediate = { 
     random_list = {
       40 = { set_character_flag = desc1 }
       15 = { set_character_flag = desc2 }
       25 = { set_character_flag = desc3 }
     }
   }

Then you reference each your event descriptions like this:

desc = {
    text = EVTDESCmymod.733.1
    trigger = { has_character_flag = desc1 }
    #You can also define a picture = X to go with each description. I guess that for narrative events you can also try and see if title = xx also works.
  }

Lastly, at the bottom of the event, befor closing it, add:

after = { #this execute after the option have been chosen and processed. We'll use it to remove our description flags
    clr_character_flag = desc1
    clr_character_flag = desc2
    clr_character_flag = desc3
  }

I hope that helps!

Archived