Dreaming of Dana 0.055

radu32167

Hi 

I know it's been a while since the last public release.

Honestly, I kept forgetting to do one.

But to make up for that, I'm releasing a somewhat later version.

What's new:

The Dana+ Andrea getaway event. 

The Jessica+Dana date

Second Jessica confession

Two new randoms, one with Dana at the office, and one with Jessica at home.

Mila branch of the Maria repeatable date. 

Dana+Maria+Mila date.

I think that's it.  I might have forgotten something.

PC: https://dl.orangedox.com/sCFcAM

MAC: https://dl.orangedox.com/4p5VMpMB6Wd5Hq9n76

Ptolemy

Messing around with it.  

Go to talk to Dana when that unlocks(After meeting Maria).  You have to use the inconspicuous 'back' option at the bottom of the screen to get out.

It'd probably be advisable to add a 'leave' dialogue option that takes you out to the office.

EDIT: it's now more odd because talking with Maria DOES have a 'return' dialogue.

Speaking with Maria and using the 'chat with Maria' option makes it loop around to the beginning dialogue again(You enter the office to find Maria there).  You can't exploit this, which is good.

Event where Dana tells you of Mark cheating with Jessica has Dana named Andrea, purple colour and all.  I admit the two names are going to be confusing.  EDIT: Later in the same conversation, Chris I.E the player is called Andrea.

In the 'remember the past' conversation option at work, Dana's mentioned as Andrea.

So console isn't working. I have played every version and I REALLY don't feel like grinding the rep out again. I enter the code how you said but the number sit at 0

Like Bloodly said, you have to be exact. You're changing a variable in the game and the name must match precisely. 

So capitalize and it will work.

Also if you have your old saves, they should work as well.

I see, I've got it now thank you. Also, idk about you, but every ones of my saves encounters an error when I trigger an event and ignoring takes me to main menu, so they aren't usable.

Sometimes Renpy has trouble with old saves not recognising new variables.

If the error it gives you looks something like  " Whatevervariable not defined" then that's what it is. Just press ignore and the game should work fine.

There is nothing I can do about that unfortunately, except not to add new variables in the game :)

If pressing ignore takes you back to the main menu, then It's something else.

If you post the error you get, I'll take a look at it and see what we can do about it.

Hey man, you've made an awesome game!!!

Love the story, the dialogs are awesome!!! Absolutely love Dana & Andrea, they're gorgeous, hope you'll develop more content with them in future updates :)

Can't same the same about other 2 female characters :)

Wanted to mention bugs i've founded(absence of back button in Dana's dialog in her office and "event where Dana tells you of Mark cheating with Jessica has Dana named Andrea, purple colour and all") but i see someone had already mention it :)

Thanks your for your great work and good luck! :)

Thank you all for your kind words.

And for the bug reports.

I'll be making another version public this weekend I think.

But please note that the bugs you listed won't be fixed. The public version is a few weeks behind the builds that I'm currently working on. And to be honest, It's just to much work to go back and fix bugs for a build that's weeks old at this point.

Sure, i've just mentioned them for you to know about them and fix them eventually. It's much more important to concenrate resources on developing new versions :)

As i understand Ren'Py support old saves on a new builds.

Wanted to mention one more time how much i like how sweetly and romantically PC & Dana relationship is developing, including some other charachters too, in  process :)
We'll patiently wait to see more of it :)

Hi,

great game, really love it! Keep up! Dana and Andrea are perfect. Also the scenes with Maria and Dana are great. I like the story progression, too, just like Katsuni mentioned.

when I was in Yoga studio for the first time:

1. got menu with 3 items

2. clicked on Flirt

3. got new menu with 5 items

4. clicked on Try to have sex with her

succeeded, although Jessica had 0 affinity, 0 sexuality. Shouldn't work that way, I guess. (I hope I remembered it correctly.)

Another issue (Jessica too):

(loaded former save)

1. clicked on Try to ask her out (or something like that)

2. dialogue starts with "Are you ok with us just fucking in the locker room?" (or something with this meaning), although we never had sex.

Can't wait 'till weekend!

I know that bug.

It gave you the post revenge menu when you clicked flirt. I don't remember if I fixed it  in 0.032 but it's fixed in the new versions. But thank you, every bit of feedback helps :)

Ah, didn't know.

Btw. the Bowling scene is really good. Loved it. The aftermath too. All scenes were great :)

Date with Andrea => Watch her => Tel her, you'll be her friend => Go dance and then after "No...really sets in after a while" i've got this:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Andrealabels.rpy", line 850, in script
  File "game/Andrealabels.rpy", line 850, in <module>
NameError: name 'Andreadatedominant' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Andrealabels.rpy", line 850, in script
  File "E:\Dreaming of Dana 0.032\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "E:\Dreaming of Dana 0.032\renpy\python.py", line 1725, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\Dreaming of Dana 0.032\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/Andrealabels.rpy", line 850, in <module>
NameError: name 'Andreadatedominant' is not defined

Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.2029
Dreaming of Dana 0.032b"

I'm using 0.31 save, can that be a problem?

It's not supposed to.

The stat changes during such events are a stop gap measure.

The stats are supposed to be raised through chats, flirts etc....

And largely through random encounters. But until they are properly implemented I put stat raises in events.

The first 3 random encounters you'll see in 0.033

Archived