Detecting if speaker 'is dead' in conversations

I'm currently working on an add-on for Lovers Voice.  For those unfamiliar, this allows 'subtitles/text' to appear as the two lovers speak to each other as they're making out.

Now it isn't that it is upsetting that you can rape a dead body depending upon the mod used (you can ya know(, but dialog is uttered by the 'late' rape victim.

Of the conditions you may set for a speaker's dialog (Race, ID, custom flags), the dropdown menu lists an option called 'GetDead'.  And according to the Wiki, you should be able to test for 'GetDead == 1' which assumes that the subject is dead (optionally GetDead != 1 for not-dead).  However, this function doesn't seem to function a I have tested this flag on dialog against both living and dead parties.

So, I am wondering if there is a way to test a conversation speaker to determine if it is alive or not.

You can not have sex with a dead NPC or creature, the animation can not work. No AI and kf files will work.

LoversRapers "resurrect" the dead NPC when you cast the rape spell. And it adds a item ( xLoversRaperSResurrectRapeFlag "LoversRaperS Near Death" [CLOT:xx0150E4] )

scn xLoversRaperSSpellScript

---------------------------------------------

if xLoversRaperSQuest.victim == 0
        ; Am I a corpse?
        if me.GetDead
            me.AddItem xLoversRapersResurrectRapeFlag 1
            me.AddItem xLoversPkrVoice 1234
            set i to me.GetMaxAV Health
            if i < 1
                me.setAV Health 1
            endif
            me.resurrect 1
            set i to 0 - me.GetAV Fatigue
            me.modAV2 Fatigue i
            set i to 1 - me.GetAV Health
            me.modAV2 Health i
            set xLoversRaperSQuest.ok2 to 5
        endif
        set xLoversRaperSQuest.victim to me
    endif

The item is checked in the dialog conditions. ( And the dialog is only  " .... "  , they don't speak )

After rape-sex the NPC is killed again.

So during sex the NPC is not dead, and "GetDead == 1" will not work in the dialog conditions.

Why a Lovers Voice addon ? The only way you can have sex with a dead NPC is with the rape spell.  LoversVoiceSSPplus and LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP is for sex  started by a dialogue.  Talk to dead NPCs ?  You must "resurrect" the NPC or no sex kf file will work.

Ahh...  a new flag to test for.  I see.  Thanks.

Well, the add-on is for the Lovers WTA feature....   Dialog either cursing out a the werewolf having sex with you or having the time of their (possibly short?) life screwing a werewolf.  It doesn't appear to be small from the list of conditions I may be employing.

Well, I try to cover eventualities, and I just wanted to make sure the dead didn't speak while having sex.  And yes, they did have dialog even though they were dead with 'my' addon... the ". . ." didn't appear.  So I'm instituting the flag in all the dialogs within my add-on just to be covered.

EDIT:  After looking at LoversRaperS, I see that 'Voice' dialog was installed into his system.  It's not that I didn't think about that, it's that I was worried that certain flags from 'Voice' might have come into use in my add-on for Lovers WTA.    :D  Scratch that, It looks like the Voice dialog will be in Lover WTA itself. 

Archived