[Skyrim Creation Kit] Can't save without being prompted to create a new plugin.

Frozium

You can't directly work on the Skyrim.esm that's the whole point of the esm / esp system. esm means Elder Scrolls Masterfile while .esp means Elder Scrolls Plugin. ESPs depend on the masterfiles since they change or extend these. So if you want to make a change to an existing esm you need to create an esp that depends on the esm. This is why you get asked to create a new file.

To continue working or change an existing .esp you need to make it the 'active file' when loading.

As the title says, I'm just unable to save a simple stat change to a shield. I made Skyrim.esm an active file,Update.esm ticked and all the combinations possible, yet it still tells me to create a new plugin.

Could you help me a bit? Thanks.

CK doesn't edit esm's

TES5edit will.

As the title says, I'm just unable to save a simple stat change to a shield. I made Skyrim.esm an active file,Update.esm ticked and all the combinations possible, yet it still tells me to create a new plugin.

CK doesn't edit esm's

TES5edit will.

Well technically it can BUT not directly. Yu have to use programs like wrye bash to espify it, edit and then esmify it again.

CK doesn't edit esm's

TES5edit will.

Well technically it can BUT not directly. Yu have to use programs like wrye bash to espify it, edit and then esmify it again.

???

170122073256582351.jpg

it's the editing of skyrim esm that is lock in tesedit

because some were messing with it for no reason then whining they broke their game

You can't directly work on the Skyrim.esm that's the whole point of the esm / esp system. esm means Elder Scrolls Masterfile while .esp means Elder Scrolls Plugin. ESPs depend on the masterfiles since they change or extend these. So if you want to make a change to an existing esm you need to create an esp that depends on the esm. This is why you get asked to create a new file.

To continue working or change an existing .esp you need to make it the 'active file' when loading.

Aaaah, I see. Thanks for the answer :D

CK doesn't edit esm's

TES5edit will.

???

170122073256582351.jpg

it's the editing of skyrim esm that is lock in tesedit

because some were messing with it for no reason then whining they broke their game

oh, right ofcourse you mean the vanilla actual skyrim.esm nobody should ever mess with. I'm sorry, i don't even know wtf i was thinking lol. I was pointing at editing .esm's in general. :)

Archived