Mods you consider hidden gems...

indyskyho

Besides the obvious mods (SkyUI, Sexlab itself, etc), this mod is I think the biggest game changer of them all: AddItemMenu.

It lets you just take items from installed mods instead of console commanding them in one-by-one. If you install/test a lot of clothing mods like I do, it will probably saves hours of your life.

Another great mod is Quick Loot. It gives you Fallout4-style looting in Skyrim.

Edit: Oh, I'm guessing the theme is adult mods since this is the adult subforum. If that's the case, I'd say SexLab Tools. It makes it easy to switch SexLab animations. I like menus and UI improvements, lol. One that I really wish worked in SexLab 1.60+ is SexLab Leveling

If you grab quicklook make sure to get the fix for many items in a container crash fix. It's in the comment seciton.

Besides the obvious mods (SkyUI, Sexlab itself, etc), this mod is I think the biggest game changer of them all: AddItemMenu.

It lets you just take items from installed mods instead of console commanding them in one-by-one. If you install/test a lot of clothing mods like I do, it will probably saves hours of your life.

Edit: Oh, I'm guessing the theme is adult mods since this is the adult subforum. If that's the case, I'd say SexLab Tools. It makes it easy to switch SexLab animations. I like menus and UI improvements, lol. One that I really wish worked in SexLab 1.60+ is SexLab Leveling

If you grab quicklook make sure to get the fix for many items in a container crash fix. It's in the comment seciton.

Don't you just love it when you just randomly browse threads and find gold

Thanks very much   ... this will definitely save me from a lot of headaches .

completely agree with additemmenu, and thanks for the house [my favourate house]

AH Hotkey for handling equip set. armor, weapons, spells etc. Yes, i know SkyUi has the feature but it just bugged for me.

Extra Hotkeys unequip weapon (LH&RH) or drop them off with simple hotkey without fuss. Have a stealth character and i prefer H2H combat with humanoid most of the time. Runs with Snap dragons so no .esp needed.

EatingSleepingDrinking basic needs mod with plenty animations (female only unfortunately), player headtracking, camping stuff, all are adjustable.     

NPC Rescaler mod that comes with AIO Animated Pussy.

Hi, any chance you can expand on how to do this? I'm a novice with Bodyslide, but I've been using AIO Animated Pussy and I love it, but I don't see a NPC scaler or any MCM menu for it.

Thanks.

Before installing and running it you should use bodyslide and select a preset that has a lot of variance between weight 0 and weight 100, use the slider on preview to see the difference. I like using the Seraphim preset for this, but adjust the sliders to further accentuate weight 0 and weight 100, make my weight 0 bodies ultra skinny and almost flat, and my weight 100 bodies a bit chubby looking with bigger butts. Then run the batch function including morphs if you use any, and select your installed body, I use UUNP Special cause it already has a built in HDT vag. As for the details on how to use sliders etc. please see the bodyslide tutorial post, and ask there if you still have questions, its a big write up that I just cant do justice here in a paragraph or 2.

After you have a confirmed body of your choice in the game up and working, then do the following:

Unzip / open the AIO Animated Pussy mod, in the folder you will see many, many folders. Scroll down to all the EXTRA folders, and one of them will be called EXTRA_NPCScaleRandomizer drop the files from it into your skyrim/data folder, or install them using your mod manager if you are using any. If you do not know how to do that via mod manager, sorry I can't help you because I install all my mods manually, can't stand either NMM or MO.

Anyways, once installed activate it before launching game, run loot, run FNIS for users, etc. all the regular stuff you usually do when adding mods.

Once in the game, unless your SKYUI is already filled you will get a new MCM menu for it, it will be called NPC Scale Randomizer (or something like that), if your SKYUI is already filled, then get the extension (or expansion?) for it that lets you have more MCM items (I forgot the name of it). It may take some time for it to appear, maybe 10-20 minutes or so while in game. If it doesn't you can also try the following command prompt line: setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

Once you have it in your MCM go to it, up the max values, I like having mine around 2-2.2 range, and assign hotkeys for targeting an NPC and randomizing them.

Set your randomize time for around 10 secs or so. Go inside an empty locked structure without any NPCs in it, dont take your followers with you. Run the randomizer thingy for about a minute or 2 or 3, just let it do its thing. It will be one of the checkboxes on top in the MCM. After that, uncheck it so it doesnt continue to non-stop randomize all the NPCs. 

Then leave the house/building and see teh difference. If your followers get randomized to way you don't like, dont panic, jsut target them with the hotkey you assigned and re-randomize until you get results you want, you can even go back to the MCM and set different values if you like for them, then target them and re-randomize to get better results.

Next, you will notce a lot of clothes and armor will not fit the randomized NPCs properly, the gear will be old size on new size NPCs. Don't panick, simply go back to the empty room, save game, exit, re-run body slide re-generating all the outfits using the batch function. Done.

now when you go back into the game everyone will fit perfectly and be all different etc. and on top of that, you can further randomize seperate NPCs via the targeted function if you are after a particular look or dont like how one came out. Though you will need to re-run bodyslide to regenerate outfits to fit them every time you change them.

All in all, just awesome mod.

What makes this far better then the other ones, is that it doesnt use different bodies or textures, or scripts other then when actually randomizing, so it doesn't hog any resources. In fact, you can even completely uninstall it once everything is randomized unless you like keeping it for the targeted function. So this is its biggest advantage over every other mod of this type, and I have tried a few.

Awesome thanks, I'll give it a try on next new game.

Just trying this, I'm having big problems. Every time randomise an NPC they disappear.

And then this happened, I've left the height options at default.  :D

post-1194765-0-06137400-1487454264_thumb.png

EDIT: reinstalled the mod and it's working now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ultimate Mod Explorer, SkyTweak, and Skill Tweak. Makes starting new RP characters a lot easier. Sky Tweak especially allows re-balancing the game like making magic actually powerful among a lot of other options that otherwise would require separate mods to modify thus it saves room for mods.

You mind linking to Skill Tweak?  I can't Google something with such a generic name, and I'd rather not lose a precious evening to trying.  Please and thank you.

Whelp. *cracks knuckles*

Auto Sell Junk by gooboon

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71634/?

Let's you designate items as "Junk" and, at the push of a button, sell as many of them as you can without ripping yourself off at a store.  So for a player like me, who has unnaturally high carryweight, this is essential.

Better Jumping by meh321

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65044/?

Let's you jump while sprinting, seemlessly.  You can also set it up so that you can double jump, or do any number of jumps in the air, and tie various rules to it.  Highly customizable.

FollowerLivePackage by oldc

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33002/?

The best follower overhaul imo.  It's Amazing Follower Tweak's big brother.  You still control your followers through dialogue, but you turn them into legit partners.  With their own skills, like the ability to heal, and rally.  They can get personalities: cowards who never fight, or only fight things weaker than them, etc.  You can give salaries, make them transform in fights, go train themselves, come train you, lot's of crap.  It is easily the biggest mod when it comes to customizing followers.  Bonus points for having compatibility patches for Essential Follower Framework, my previous king of follower overhauls.

The author is Japanese.  Grab the translation patch here, but it isn't necessary.  It's more for grammer, since the original mod is also in English.

Follower Live Package - ReTranslation by bojanni

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56850/?

Longer Durations and Annoyance Fixes by CrushBoss

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54337/?

Makes things last longer.  Spells, potions, what have you.  Keeps you from having to use an armor spell or summon minions in each and every fight.  Works great with SkyTweak, which has a similar feature, though only LDaAF touches on several other issues listed in the description.

Individualized Shout Cooldowns by ShadauxCat

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52648/?

I hated how I wouldn't use most of the "weaker" shouts because they shared cooldown with the rest.  Moreso when I got new shouts from ThunderChild, which this works with, np.  Now, there's a very real reason to seek out all those shouts-- alongside the ones given from Thunderchild, and a real sense of growth in power and playstyle.

Modern Brawl Bug Fix by Enai Siaion

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77465/?

Replaces the old one.  More people should know about this.

Quick Light by tktk

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73473/?

Turn on and off a Lantern or a Candlelight spell by holding down a button, like your pipboy light in Fallout.  Game changer.

Remove Lockpicking by meh321

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64588/?

Trying to open a locked container instantly opens it and gives you the exp you would have earned.  Breaks the reason to level most lockpicking trees, except Ordinator's, but after playing every Bethesda game this side of Morrowind since their release, I'm tired of that minigame.  I was already setting the sweetspots to 100%, this just saves time going through that animation.  Besides, we can all pick "very hard" locks from day one, so why not?

Skeletons of Daggerfall by Bozzz123

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38677/?

Makes skeletons roar like in Daggerfall.  It's spine tingling.

Subtle Cloak Spell Graphics by Jaxonz

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56545/?

Makes cloak spells easier to see through.  Especially in first person.

Alternate Summoning Visuals by TheGreyLight

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44782/?

Makes the purple sphere that summons emerge from turn into a summon circle on the ground.  Much easier to see through/past, and is a visual that makes combat easier to work with.

28 Days and a Bit 5 - Zombie Mutation by Eccentric Team

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5604/?

Recreation of the Oblivion mod of the same name, unleashes a zombie outbreak on Skyrim. You can set it up so it's like another game.  Whether there's a "Patient Zero" who is infected and will spread things everywhere, or an outright epidemic taking over the world, there are several setups you can play with to have fun.  New enemies and models too.

Honed Metal -NPC Crafting and Enchanting services- by SkylineR390

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51024/?

No more grinding iron daggers.  Just pay money to get items upgraded by npcs.  Good money sink, immersive, useful, timesaving.

Spellmaking in Skyrim - The Last Altar by KhalEdos

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49032/?

Quest and spell making.  You can skip the quest and just get to the spellmaking if you want.  New island and home too, iirc.

Nine Lives Blade Works by elysees

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54426/?

Everything by this lady is straight out of anime.  She has several based on Fate/Stay and they're all masterfully done.  Unleash your inner weeb.

Honed Metal -NPC Crafting and Enchanting services- by SkylineR390

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51024/?

No more grinding iron daggers.  Just pay money to get items upgraded by npcs.  Good money sink, immersive, useful, timesaving.

Yes. Except now that I'm playing an "Empty Skyrim" mod list, I usually find Honed Metal indispensable. Not to mention it's very silly that you can't pay any smiths or enchanters to make your stuff. Some guy even says "Enchanting services keep the mage college in touch with the rest of Skyrim" or some silly crap, then he doesn't offer you any enchanting services, top kek.

The most recent lesser known mods I've tried lately are "Alone - An Empty Skyrim" along with its addon by another author, on top of "Empty Skyrim."

When combined, they do the following:

- Remove practically every single friendly, civilized NPC. This still leaves bandits, wildlife, etc.

- Turn all settlements into empty ruins, with few if any interiors.

(One does a better job at landscape changes, the other is more complete at removing NPCs.)

Since they are abandoned, sadly, they also:

- Are incompatible with the legendary unofficial patch, but make a lot of its fixes redundant, too, eg quests. (Because there are none.)

- Leave a few floating objects here and there around cities. I click in console and "disable."

- Necessitate running DyndoLOD to fix LOD objects from distances.

- Will make you need to "coc Whiterun" after clicking New Game and then manually enter showracemenu once loaded.

Why do you do this to yourself?

- The atmosphere in Skyrim's nature was already one of its best features, and interaction with its wooden NPCs one of its worst.

- Doing this drastically increases the impact of mods like Hunterborn, Frostfall and RND. This synergy is the real draw.

- I also recommend Hunterborn's "Scrimshaw Expanded" submod, with the minimal install option.

Other mods that pair well:

- Obviously the well-known set of mods Hunterborn, Frostfall/Campfire, and RND (or your preferred substitute.) Fast travel disabler recommended.

- Zombie mods such as 28 Days and a Bit, I set mine to be pretty brutal, but restrict the spawning to night time.

- I recommend "Supreme and Volumetric Fog" to make the fog look fantastic. 28 Days has a "stormy during spawn times" option as well that generates fog.

- Alternatively, Survive the Night if you prefer creepy over gory.

- Combat mods to make things harsh and realistic, Vigor and Combat Evolved are good entry points.

- Any of your favorite LL mods (there are still bandits to enslave reeducate).

- Mods that add longer term goals - the Nexus has a "treasure hunt" subsection, and any mods that add lengthy dungeon romps are good

- Construction or home building mods. I'm not sure Tundra Defense fits in with this particular setup, but it could be fun having the only settlement. Worth checking out in its own right.

NPC Rescaler mod that comes with AIO Animated Pussy.

Hi, any chance you can expand on how to do this? I'm a novice with Bodyslide, but I've been using AIO Animated Pussy and I love it, but I don't see a NPC scaler or any MCM menu for it.

Thanks.

Before installing and running it you should use bodyslide and select a preset that has a lot of variance between weight 0 and weight 100, use the slider on preview to see the difference. I like using the Seraphim preset for this, but adjust the sliders to further accentuate weight 0 and weight 100, make my weight 0 bodies ultra skinny and almost flat, and my weight 100 bodies a bit chubby looking with bigger butts. Then run the batch function including morphs if you use any, and select your installed body, I use UUNP Special cause it already has a built in HDT vag. As for the details on how to use sliders etc. please see the bodyslide tutorial post, and ask there if you still have questions, its a big write up that I just cant do justice here in a paragraph or 2.

After you have a confirmed body of your choice in the game up and working, then do the following:

Unzip / open the AIO Animated Pussy mod, in the folder you will see many, many folders. Scroll down to all the EXTRA folders, and one of them will be called EXTRA_NPCScaleRandomizer drop the files from it into your skyrim/data folder, or install them using your mod manager if you are using any. If you do not know how to do that via mod manager, sorry I can't help you because I install all my mods manually, can't stand either NMM or MO.

Anyways, once installed activate it before launching game, run loot, run FNIS for users, etc. all the regular stuff you usually do when adding mods.

Once in the game, unless your SKYUI is already filled you will get a new MCM menu for it, it will be called NPC Scale Randomizer (or something like that), if your SKYUI is already filled, then get the extension (or expansion?) for it that lets you have more MCM items (I forgot the name of it). It may take some time for it to appear, maybe 10-20 minutes or so while in game. If it doesn't you can also try the following command prompt line: setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

Once you have it in your MCM go to it, up the max values, I like having mine around 2-2.2 range, and assign hotkeys for targeting an NPC and randomizing them.

Set your randomize time for around 10 secs or so. Go inside an empty locked structure without any NPCs in it, dont take your followers with you. Run the randomizer thingy for about a minute or 2 or 3, just let it do its thing. It will be one of the checkboxes on top in the MCM. After that, uncheck it so it doesnt continue to non-stop randomize all the NPCs. 

Then leave the house/building and see teh difference. If your followers get randomized to way you don't like, dont panic, jsut target them with the hotkey you assigned and re-randomize until you get results you want, you can even go back to the MCM and set different values if you like for them, then target them and re-randomize to get better results.

Next, you will notce a lot of clothes and armor will not fit the randomized NPCs properly, the gear will be old size on new size NPCs. Don't panick, simply go back to the empty room, save game, exit, re-run body slide re-generating all the outfits using the batch function. Done.

now when you go back into the game everyone will fit perfectly and be all different etc. and on top of that, you can further randomize seperate NPCs via the targeted function if you are after a particular look or dont like how one came out. Though you will need to re-run bodyslide to regenerate outfits to fit them every time you change them.

All in all, just awesome mod.

What makes this far better then the other ones, is that it doesnt use different bodies or textures, or scripts other then when actually randomizing, so it doesn't hog any resources. In fact, you can even completely uninstall it once everything is randomized unless you like keeping it for the targeted function. So this is its biggest advantage over every other mod of this type, and I have tried a few.

Awesome thanks, I'll give it a try on next new game.

Just trying this, I'm having big problems. Every time randomise an NPC they disappear.

And then this happened, I've left the height options at default.  :D

EDIT: reinstalled the mod and it's working now.

Sorry, dont visit here often lately so late reply.

Go into the rescaler MCM and set up the options again, dont go above values of around 2.2 on the large side for brests, butt, etc. Make sure the height randomization remains within vanila constraints, leve it at default if you're in doubt.

Run bodyslide, all your outfits, everything. If your meshes or textures disappeared that means they may not be scalable or have issues with scalability. This can be with the bodies themselves or outfits. 

If that doesn't work and your game is wonky, try re-installing XPMSE (not XPMS but XPMSE) and bodies, skins, on top of the rescaled NPCs.

As for the giant ....

wow, i have no clue, never seen that before or had it happen to me.

I like Player sucubuss quest a lot. I makes it possible to use sex as a wepon and to power abilities as well. But, you can die if you go to long with out sex ( although you can turn the option off if you want). Mix it with cursed loot and it can give you a VERY good insentive to get a chastity belt off. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trade Routes http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49369/?  It makes items cheaper/more expensive based on the region and demand. So gold and silver are cheaper in Markarth since there are gold and silver mines near them, and Skooma sells for a lot in Riften since its high in demand. And a lot of these items wont change in price until you do the vanilla quests that affect the item. So if you shut down the Skooma den in Riften then price of Skooma rises there. The quest requirement can be turned off. I consider it a hidden gem since I never see it suggested when people ask about merchant mods.

Space Wiking The Elements http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18072/? Weapon mod that has a literal sword of ice, not some sword with an ice texture but a sword made of ice.

• 3 weeks later...

"Little Sexy Apparel Replacer" is also very good a "partial" stripping. Meaning, that it works pretty well, with devious devices. Forced to wear an chastity belt? LSAR just strips of enough clothing to make place for it, removing part of your skirt, instead of the vanilla "remove everything or nothing".

works well with estrus,estrus also a gem .....great topic by the way ...tried five new mods already

And I found, there's this little addon...

I don't know if it's a gem, but it's hillarious and today it's truly hidden, as "LSAR_Addon_Package_for_NMM" in the manual downloads of the main mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5564/

Archived