Mods you consider hidden gems...

indyskyho

I was curious if anyone has mods they recommend using that they believe has low visibility on the site? I'm sure with the thousands of files here it is easy for some to slip under the radar.

Well written quests that have few conflicts and even fewer bugs are always nice to see, but really just curious what you would recommend no matter what category.

file that I ran into by accident called "Combat Arousal"

it does not have a download page (I think Kimy wrote it), it is a download on a page in the forums ...  somewhere.

it had a couple of other features as well (MCM toggles).

I was curious if anyone has mods they recommend using that they believe has low visibility on the site? I'm sure with the thousands of files here it is easy for some to slip under the radar.

Well written quests that have few conflicts and even fewer bugs are always nice to see, but really just curious what you would recommend no matter what category.

NPC Rescaler mod that comes with AIO Animated Pussy.

I have been unable to find it seperate anywhere and I spent quite a bit of time looking. I literally download AIO Animated pussy for it and can't play without it.

What it does, is make your Skyrim super immersive, basically, makes all the NPCs different, even if you use same body on them all thus not using anywhere near the resources as the mods that require different bodies and textures to achieve the same. This mod rescales not just entire bodies, but body parts (regions) such as breasts, belly, butt, and weight and height as well.

The way you use it is 1st use a body via bodyslide that has both low and max weight, set your sliders to your desire for lowest weight 0 (mine is super skinny) and highest (mine is voluptuous, almost chubby). Then when you start your game and are just in the cell from Alternate Start, just go into the MCM, set up your minimum and maximum values, and let it run automatically for a bit ( a couple minutes), all via MCM. And of course, you can also set up the hotkeys in the MCM and target an NPC and change them in game if you dont like the way they look on top of that.

Then when you finally go into the game you get many NPCs with great variety, some are skinny, some fat, most inbetween, some can be skinny with big butts, some the other way around, some tall, some short. For example one can be short with big butt, mid breasts, another can be tall with super big boobs, and big butt, another can be mid height and be very slim and skinny, etc.

I only hope that once SKSE64 and MCM for it are out, someone, somewhere will properly convert it for SSE. Just an awesome mod.

Don't know whether if this is considered a "hidden gem" or not but it's certainly a great mod.

Not really well-known:

The Amberstone Weaponry (I like weapons, I also like fire. How about weapons... on fire?)

Relatively well-known:

Melee Weapon Range Fix (because the melee weapons' range in Skyrim is idiotically long)

Crime Bounty Decay (I don't like getting fined after a massacre)

Rayban-like Sunglasses (I like glasses)

No Psychic Lock Knowledge (the name explains it pretty well)

Windstad Pool and Hot Bath for HF (yup, the name blah blah...)

Always Raining (I like rain, what more can I say?)

Clockwork/Clockwork Castle (NOT A HIDDEN GEM, I LOVE THE HOUSE, I LOVE THE MOD, THAT'S THE REASON WHY IT'S HERE)

Permanent Fog  (a very new mod, same thing with Always Raining)

(Always Raining + True Storms + Perma Fog = my fkin wet dream)

And the mod that lets you trade between save files, forgot the name. 

File Name: [Abandoned] Devious Device - More Devious Quest

File Submitter: Versh

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40471-abandoned-devious-device-more-devious-quest/

It's abandoned yet has no script problems with the new DD?

Depends what you mean, i've not had problems running it with the current version of DDi/DDx/DDa etc

It can cause problems with other mods using scripted events, i.e. npc meant to travel to location xyz which has a trigger to do something in a mod when the npc gets there but DDMDQ activates and sends the NPC elsewhere to do something but you can get around that by partially/completely turning it off when your doing another mods content (this isn't an exclusive problem so i dont count it against the mod myself as there are plenty of others that can cause the same issue)

Save internet space!

For our cat overlords!

Depends what you mean, i've not had problems running it with the current version of DDi/DDx/DDa etc

It can cause problems with other mods using scripted events, i.e. npc meant to travel to location xyz which has a trigger to do something in a mod when the npc gets there but DDMDQ activates and sends the NPC elsewhere to do something but you can get around that by partially/completely turning it off when your doing another mods content (this isn't an exclusive problem so i dont count it against the mod myself as there are plenty of others that can cause the same issue)

Thanks. Now I know.

File Name: [Abandoned] Devious Device - More Devious Quest

File Submitter: Versh

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40471-abandoned-devious-device-more-devious-quest/

It's abandoned yet has no script problems with the new DD?

Just delete the cart that they travel to, but I don't recommend using slut madness for the player that caused me to crash. Devious Device - More Devious quest is a very underrated mod.

Mine would be A Little Sexy Apparel Replacer http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5564/? with the HDT add-on for boob jiggle

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55438/?

It's sexy and some are revealing but without those ridiculous looking overly skimpy armours. The best thing about is that it's got MCM menu so you can turn it on and off, choose whether to apply it to armours/clothes etc and choose whether to show underwear.

For CBBE it's my clothing mod of choice because it's sexy but not slutty and highly configurable.

"Little Sexy Apparel Replacer" is also very good a "partial" stripping. Meaning, that it works pretty well, with devious devices. Forced to wear an chastity belt? LSAR just strips of enough clothing to make place for it, removing part of your skirt, instead of the vanilla "remove everything or nothing".

Archived