SL anims via activators

gtcard

recently gekkou released a mod over at nexus called tropicalisland which uses OSA for animations. its a bit buggy in its current state but I really like the activators used in the mod like the beach towels and the chairs and tables which trigger animations. that actually got me thinking--has this been done with SL before? like a player home or a custom world where context sensitive animations are triggered when an activator object is used (ie solo anims by interacting with dildo, wall animations when interacting with wall, chair anims with chairs, etc)?

or better yet, is it possible to make this into a mod where players can place invisible activator objects into the world kind of like placing campfires with frostfall, select a tag for the activator, and have animations with that tag play when the object is activated? is it even possible to have SL animations try to align properly in this case?

Imho for some animations with anim objects by nibbles, leito and funny biz this makes much sense. For some of the 'solo' animations with dildo I created idle markers which isn't that difficult even for a noob like me.  Here Fores explains how to add animations to idle objects.

But I don't know how you could do that for paired animations as there are two characters needed for activiation? Somehow the activator had to be triggered. F. e.: actor 1 enters object could triggers the activator. Don't know.

Imho for some animations with anim objects by nibbles, leito and funny biz this makes much sense. For some of the 'solo' animations with dildo I created idle markers which isn't that difficult even for a noob like me.  Here Fores explains how to add animations to idle objects.

But I don't know how you could do that for paired animations as there are two characters needed for activiation? Somehow the activator had to be triggered. F. e.: actor 1 enters object could triggers the activator. Don't know.

Quest aliases. 

You define a sub quest that defines a few quest aliases. The quest aliases have some initial conditions, like location radius, playable race, maybe female, or whatever. For each quest alias a script is called that checks for other conditions to find the appropriate partner. And if so, and if it's the first at the specific location, execute the paired animation.

Sounds a little tricky at first, but is relatively simple, reliable, and fast. FNIS Sexy Move basically makes the same to identify its targets.

Archived