Quick question on transluscent armor problem...

indyskyho

Hi, trying to edit some armor to be semitransparent (Kibelius Outfit)

I edited the nif to NiAlphaProperty flag to allow blending (it never seemed to work at all before I did this), and I edited teh alpha channel in the dds file.

The preview in SkyUI shows the transparency perfectly, but once equipped it is not transparent at all.

I have tested by moving the other dds files for the dress out of the directory and the armor still renders fine just with no transparency... Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks!

Sounds to me that you didn't do both so my next question will be. Did you alter both nif files? What you do to one has to be done the same way with to the other nif as well or nothing will change in game. So if you alter the _0 nif you must also alter the _1 nif the same way.

Edit I just noticed that the files are inside a BSA You will need to get a extractor and extract the nifs from the BSA as well as the texture files needed. Make the folder paths for the mesh and textures match the pathways in the BSA and then place the files into them. Loose files will override files inside the BSA so the files you extracted will show up instead of the textures inside the BSA.

Looking in the BSA the textures already have transparency to them and the  dress already has NiAlphaProperty so the dress should already be transparent in game. If you want it more transparent just extract the main texture files for the dress and load them into gimp2 not sure if you will need the plugin to load .dds files into it or not been awhile. Load the texture file and lasso the dress area the select eraser and adjust the Opacity down to 10 and hold down the button and move it around till you did the layer that is lassoed then overwrite .dds file.

post-25667-0-11486200-1484900731_thumb.jpg

This is where I downloaded it from. http://kasprutz.tumblr.com/post/127388349614/tumblr-gift-kibelius-outfit-unpbk-tbbp-v10

Hey thanks for the help all! You steered me in the right direction and I was actually able to fix some other issues I was having and kind of have a basic understanding how this works now.

BTW, for my issue I ended up finding a better bodyslide slider set for the same armor that eliminated the problem and worked much better. I have to find the file I used (I went through several, lol) in case anyone else is curious and I will edit it into this reply asap.

Thanks again!

Archived