My saves won't load

jafar

As of late its been hard to load a save in my skyrim game. I've been trying to read then install the proper mod to help with save loading and like. I have sadly used up every resource that I could find. Would anyone be able to help me figure this out? I can start everything just fine, I can even start a new game. But when I load a save it just sits there acting like its loading but when you check task manager its considered not responding.

As of late its been hard to load a save in my skyrim game. I've been trying to read then install the proper mod to help with save loading and like. I have sadly used up every resource that I could find. Would anyone be able to help me figure this out? I can start everything just fine, I can even start a new game. But when I load a save it just sits there acting like its loading but when you check task manager its considered not responding.

try opening console from the load screen and type "coc qasmoke" and hit enter, then esc back to load screen and attempt to load your save. I have to do this so much i even created a coc qasmoke save that i load forst then my game save

I also have these problems. It gets worse the longer into the you get.

I tend to do these things (it's not a 100% fix, more like workaround)

1) Try to make your save indoors in small cells without many NPCs (or inside caves). Saves usage of memory.

2) When you start a brand new game, make a save which you intend not to use. Instead you'll keep this save as "start"-save when you fire up skyrim. Meaning, you load this save first, and then afterwards you load the save you intend to play with. Never overwrite this "start"-save. It's empty of nearly anything and Skyrim will always be able to load it (unless you you do major mod changes to your Skyrim, like Skyrim Redone or similar)

As you experience, your save won't load. I suspect it is due to lots of scripts/mods that's connected to your save game. I don't know this for sure but it gots to be something related to that since Skyrim will always load the starter-save without issues (or a new game), and let's you load your primary save afterwards.

try opening console from the load screen and type "coc qasmoke" and hit enter, then esc back to load screen and attempt to load your save. I have to do this so much i even created a coc qasmoke save that i load forst then my game save

So I cant seem to open my console from the loading screen. Do I press a different button? Or is that possibly another issue?

So I have tried installing the mod and using "coc qasmoke" at the start screen. I still get an infinite load screen, and task manager still says the program is unresponsive. I have nexus mod manager but is it possible that I have to do something more for the mod to properly work? Is it possible that this may not be just a memory issue?

So a situation I have been in many times, and here is what I did too fix it. First do not use ingame save menu it's bugged as hell, for saving I use skytweak (nexus).

Next install standard Enb and hard cap your fps at 50 + tweak your memory. Third install chrash fixing (nexus). Now I run over 200 mod heavy on the animation and scripting nearly never have an issue with loading my saves from Skytweak.

Links:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33395/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

http://enbdev.com/mod_tesskyrim_v0308.htm

2 links for save cleaner's:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31724/?

Now a suggestion, always clean your skyrim install with TES5Edit before starting modding  it will save you alot off troubles.

Install Loot an use it, but always read description for the mod you install cos Tool doesn't alwyas do things right. Hope it helped, sofar my longest play run

without any trouble is over 100 hours

So a situation I have been in many times, and here is what I did too fix it. First do not use ingame save menu it's bugged as hell, for saving I use skytweak (nexus).

never had any problem with the ingame save menu

infinite loading screen, it's a broken script (it try to do something that can't be done, try again, try again, try again...)

problem is either something you have install, or uninstall

as for what it is... try coc qasmoke and earliersave

170124012525204995.jpg

if there's a lot of active script, mostly no name scripts, save is dead (script a that load script b that load script a... that kind of crap it's stack dump spamming and a lot of stuff don't survivre dumps)

then coc qasmoke with half your load order, then half of that, then just skyrim esm

if you can't even coc qasmoke with just skyrim esm and original bsa, game over

if you put some crap in data folder, you were asking for it

Archived