modpos / modangle solution for FNV?

SAC

Hi,

I've been playing a lot of FO4 and I found modpos / modangle (attached to autohotkeys) invaluable for moving around various stuff and NPCs.

I thought I give FNV another go, and found out that these functions are not present. Well, nor is help <item>, really, but solved that by installing Lutana.

Basically, I need a console command to move objects and NPCs by increments. I tried setpos x (getpos x + 5) and it doesn't work. And I've got no idea how to create a script, or how to inject a script in the game - I guess I could store getpos into a variable, increment the variable, and then setpos variable, but no idea how to do that in console.

Any suggestions, please? Thanks!

No idea how to do it in console but you could create an esp, and add the following script (go to "scripts", right-click on the right, select "new", select "object" from the drop-down, and copy-paste:

scn QPosScpt

string_var sAxis
float fDistance
int iMode

float fTemp

Begin Function {sAxis, fDistance, iMode}

if iMode ; pos
	let fTemp := fDistance + (GetPos $SAxis)
	SetPos $sAxis, fTemp
else ; angle
	let fTemp := fDistance + (GetAngle $Axis)
	SetAngle $sAxis, fTemp
endif

End

Hit the save button. Check out and write down the script's formID (you'll have to drag out the second column to see it), save the esp. Before loading the game, note the load order number (in hex) of the esp you made. Combine the two, ie: the LO number should be the first two digits of the formID.

Then from the console in game, click on the thing you want to move and type:

call "FormID" "axis", number, mode

where axis is x/y/z

number is the distance (for pos) or the gradation (angle)

and mode 1 is positioning, 0 is adjusting the angle

Absolutely untested, so no guarantees.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived