The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

So I made a few animations that are supposed to progress from the first to climax. I noticed in the second of the three, their bodies are offset. In fact some of the animation is distorted (instead of going in, for example, it goes up and down.)

It'll help if you can post a gif or vid to better understand the up/down issue :)

As for the offset, it's possible that you may have move the rig in object mode before changing the setting to pose mode,

Doing so will move the ROOT out of place,

If you switch the offending rig back into object mode, then move the rig back to its default position, watch the orange dot in the centre of the window,

Then switch to pose mode and reset to the desired location :)

Well, I messed with the root bit and I may have found the problem? But now it's gone and messed up my animation and it's taking a good minute to put everything back in place.
As I mentioned, it will need to be reset ;)

Better than starting over.... Or the long way round that I took the first time round :lol:

I think I'll end up just starting over, I'm not satisfied with the end result anyway :P

One more question- when you're making multiple animations with more than one actor, how do you set it up in the xml to go to the next animation? Do you just put in the name of the actor for the second animation?

You will need to copy/paste the paragraph for each actor :)

Sorry, I mean go to the next stage? So that when it's done with one animation it starts the next on the list? Unless I'm being a doof.

SOOOoooooo........... I finally read through this thread....

My head spun 'round so many times it fell off and I had to screw it back on. I found this though... 

Hey Bioaddict I don't know if this helps ( I have only one complete animation) but have you seen section 6. 'Adding Lips Movement Suppression Event (unlock mouth bones)' of this tutorial by Turbodriver : http://wickedwhims.t...s-to-animations

Since it includes exporting objects and adding events on the tutorial page. Those should help tons, so thanks MiniGiles! Oops, thanks Turbo too since they are your tutorials XD

I do have a question though. In the tutorial on animating it says to NOT move objects. I understand not moving things like beds, but what about held objects like Dildos? Though, if the dildo is attached like a ring I guess it would move with the hand... Hmm... ok I think I got it. (correct me if I'm wrong)

What if say you inserted the dildo, and let go of it. Your hand would move away so wouldn't you have to move the object? If that's possible, I guess you would need an animation file for the object too right? I'm guessing that's not currently an option....

O_O I just finished scanning the list of sounds.... all 6427 of them... I compiled a list of sounds that might be worth looking into for one reason or another... let me see I have... 2 billion and 3, 2 billion and 4... no really I'll count....

OK I hit 90, saw I had barely made a dent and stopped. I googled word line counter and pasted my list into it. 852 sounds.... *facepalm*

Now to be fair, the first few I just wanted to see what they sounded like. For instance arcademachine_1playaction. There are some groups of sounds that I just copied the whole group knowing some of them would probably be ignored. Like any time it ends with fail... So I can probably cut half the list right there. *EDIT* so I got rid of the ones that said fail, and the few in the beginning that I'm sure are nothing.... 715 left.

Anyone have a suggestion as to certain sounds to look for? I would guess the woohoo sounds might help. I'm curious about the whole section that starts with VO, and VOE... Voice, and voice event maybe? There were some in there like moan, groan, mmm, mhmm, etc... I also notice that some were duplicate and ended with Y and X. Male/Female perhaps? Which is kinda odd since there were other duplicate sounds that were labeled m and f...

Guest Redabyss

O_O I just finished scanning the list of sounds.... all 6427 of them... I compiled a list of sounds that might be worth looking into for one reason or another... let me see I have... 2 billion and 3, 2 billion and 4... no really I'll count....

OK I hit 90, saw I had barely made a dent and stopped. I googled word line counter and pasted my list into it. 852 sounds.... *facepalm*

Now to be fair, the first few I just wanted to see what they sounded like. For instance arcademachine_1playaction. There are some groups of sounds that I just copied the whole group knowing some of them would probably be ignored. Like any time it ends with fail... So I can probably cut half the list right there. *EDIT* so I got rid of the ones that said fail, and the few in the beginning that I'm sure are nothing.... 715 left.

Anyone have a suggestion as to certain sounds to look for? I would guess the woohoo sounds might help. I'm curious about the whole section that starts with VO, and VOE... Voice, and voice event maybe? There were some in there like moan, groan, mmm, mhmm, etc... I also notice that some were duplicate and ended with Y and X. Male/Female perhaps? Which is kinda odd since there were other duplicate sounds that were labeled m and f...

VOE sounds are the ones you should look for! Basically, if I'm correct, these are the ones guaranteed to be actual voices and not sounds related to objects.

That said, if you tell me for which animation you need sounds, I can suggest some :)

About moving objects, well actually you can, it's just that the guide is outdated. But after you do this, you would have to save the blend file of the object like another animation of the whole. Never done that myself.

Just VOE? What about the VO sounds?

*EDIT* 303 if both, 87 if VOE only.

As for the animating objects, that's great to hear. I could see the sim using a vib, and inserting it. Then she tries to adjust her position, thus letting go, and it squeezes out. She groans and picks it back up before going back at it. This is sims after all.. Funny is good too.

So now the question is, does she have to have the object in advance or would it spawn for the animation and disappear again after?

Maybe one of the placeable dildos? If it were on the side table maybe? It would have to be placed next to a bed, and so you import a table, bed, and dildo. Position them close to how they would be in game, with the dildo over the starting point, center of the side table. The only thing that would move for the animation is the girl and the toy, so the rest could be deleted. They would only be used as position markers. Does that sound like it would work?

OH!!! I remember seeing people saying they were having problems with things being out of place in game. It's the prop that has to stay untouched right? The orange dot labeled b_R_Prop/b_L_Prop.

We can move the character with the Root all we want right? The tutorial says to use it to move the characters apart, so I don't see why there would be a problem using it later right? I would guess if you DO use it you would have to add a key on it each time you did right? 

Lupobianco seems to have perfected the ability to animate originally stationary deco items such as Noir's Horse dildo. This definitely not a prop. From what I understand after talking to Lupo and taking the animation apart, the deco item is animated itself so when sims go to use it the item is like another character itself but you may want to confirm that with Lupo yourself.

Just VOE? What about the VO sounds?

*EDIT* 303 if both, 87 if VOE only.

As for the animating objects, that's great to hear. I could see the sim using a vib, and inserting it. Then she tries to adjust her position, thus letting go, and it squeezes out. She groans and picks it back up before going back at it. This is sims after all.. Funny is good too.

So now the question is, does she have to have the object in advance or would it spawn for the animation and disappear again after?

Maybe one of the placeable dildos? If it were on the side table maybe? It would have to be placed next to a bed, and so you import a table, bed, and dildo. Position them close to how they would be in game, with the dildo over the starting point, center of the side table. The only thing that would move for the animation is the girl and the toy, so the rest could be deleted. They would only be used as position markers. Does that sound like it would work?

vo_ and voe_ sounds are the only ones that cause the sims to have mounth movement when played. they are voices. everything elce is an effect and mmight not even play. a voice sounds can be played over an effect sound, but not over another voice sound by the same actor. 

Lupobianco seems to have perfected the ability to animate originally stationary deco items such as Noir's Horse dildo. This definitely not a prop. From what I understand after talking to Lupo and taking the animation apart, the deco item is animated itself so when sims go to use it the item is like another character itself but you may want to confirm that with Lupo yourself.

Good to know. Thanks!

vo_ and voe_ sounds are the only ones that cause the sims to have mounth movement when played. they are voices. everything elce is an effect and mmight not even play. a voice sounds can be played over an effect sound, but not over another voice sound by the same actor. 

I suspected both might be voice sounds. It makes sense that they can't play over each other on the same character. ty

Now to continue working on the dreaded move the body without moving the feet.... I wonder if there is a way to add a second... is it IK? for the same bone. One would bend the toes like normal, and the second would leave the toes flat and move the body.... does that make sense?

I've been tried moving the body then using the previous key for the feet to put the foot back in the orriginal spot... but to no avail... I dunno if I just did something wrong, or what. I've also been playing with the various bone constraints but no love there either.

Hmmm I wander.. Maybe I could just make a couple foot shaped place mats, put them in the scene where the feet go... Then just delete them for the export?

OH!!! and I HATE blender... lol I've been using 3ds max for years, so trying to use blender is messing with me BAD. Muscle memory has me trying to do things the 3ds way and it screws me up.

OH!!!!! I recently (in my endevor to find a solution for the wayward feet) watched a couple videos on animating for sims and they said to start your key frame at frame 2 or 3, not 0... Then specifically said "not 0." Anyone know why that would be?

And why my browser locks after I use a link to a post or I make a post here on LL? (just started today) I can change pages but not scroll or click on the page. I have to remove the post #tag to slide the page again.

Strange things about.....

So I'm working on fixing foot location to one spot, and I went with two little pads the size and shape of the foot. I have them aligned so they touch the bottom of the foot in the resting position. When I move the joints around I can lign up the feet on the pads to give the impression the rig is standing in one spot, but shifting it's weight.

Now for the annoying part... So i move ahead, bend knees and ankles or toes whichever I need, the I shift the location. I've tried two different ways of moving the location. Root_bind, and Pelvis/spine0 combined. Both yield a nice clean movement without tearing the body apart. I've tried locking just the parts I moved, and the whole stack, but the same thing happens either way.

From the start frame to the key, the foot shifts either a little or a lot based on the overall changes I made. It looks like I'll have to shift the position from frame to frame individually to prevent this... As such the root_bind is going to be my go to.

The following two gifs represent just locking at the points of change, and adding extra's in between. So far I have not moved frame to frame to add keys. RootMovement is key to key, and RootLocked has the added keys in the middle.

OH!!!! So I tried linking Gif files from Imgur and it does not work. Is there a better site to link from?

*Edit* OK, so both gifs somehow ended up being made from the same file... Oh well you get the picture. The locked one still had movement, but it was tighter.

post-1763930-0-35063300-1500428860_thumb.gif

Is it unusual to make a key frame ON EVERY frame to fix the position of a rig? Or am I being to persnickety?

*EDIT* OK, OK... I zoomed out and looked at the animation with every 5 frames root locked. Up close the movement is visible, but at a distance it's nearly imperceptible. I won't go any longer than that though. It would irritate me to no end.

Question... People choose an animation, and the sims span in the middle of the bed, then spawn again in the middle of the animation on the bed....

Is there a way that the sims spawn to the side of the bed? So they start standing, and not in the middle of a bed? I'm guessing that people generally start the animation in the middle of the actions. But why do the sims start by standing in the middle of the bed, or couch, etc, THEN move to the animation location?

I get it that if you have them standing at the start, a loop will put them back in the standing pose to start over.

Does the in game animation duration have to be 30 or 60? Can it match the blender animation duration? ....Yes it occured to me that I could simply test it with my existing animation... Well I'll just do that then wont I?!?! lol

Question... People choose an animation, and the sims span in the middle of the bed, then spawn again in the middle of the animation on the bed....

Is there a way that the sims spawn to the side of the bed? So they start standing, and not in the middle of a bed? I'm guessing that people generally start the animation in the middle of the actions. But why do the sims start by standing in the middle of the bed, or couch, etc, THEN move to the animation location?

I get it that if you have them standing at the start, a loop will put them back in the standing pose to start over.

Does the in game animation duration have to be 30 or 60? Can it match the blender animation duration? ....Yes it occured to me that I could simply test it with my existing animation... Well I'll just do that then wont I?!?! lol

I think it's generally the process for starting the animation,

The pose player works in a similar fashion, only that it's done manually using the teleport/summon sim mod,

The in game time is measured in seconds,

If you're meaning the duration in Blender,

It could result in your clip not looping and just playing once before going on to the next animation

I think it's generally the process for starting the animation,

The pose player works in a similar fashion, only that it's done manually using the teleport/summon sim mod,

The in game time is measured in seconds,

If you're meaning the duration in Blender,

It could result in your clip not looping and just playing once before going on to the next animation

So it will always do the spawn both sims in one spot, then spawn them in the animation location? That's sad.

Glad to hear you can set whatever duration you wish. Not looping would be OK. I was kind of thinking of making story type sex animations. They start standing and making out, then move to the couch and having some fun, then the sex foreplay, followed by a wild ride... Maybe afterward they kind of collapse on the couch breathing hard for a bit. Then they stand back up and go about their business.

I was thinking of making animations that have the sims move into position to start then back out again like there was no weird teleporter action going on. I figured it would be nice if the WW animations started and ended like the regular in game animations.

WAIT!!!! The Orange dot... What if I move the orange dot to where I want the sims to spawn? They always spawn in the center of the object, but isn't that because the orange dot is there with the center point of the object too?

If you move the orange dot, it'll move the in game root, throwing the animation out of position altogether, I did this once by accident :lol:

Story animations are a nice idea and it's something I'm trying to train myself towards too!

Yeah I remember seeing something about it in the book this thread has become. My thought was if the game root is only moved once, and ONLY for the sim/sims you want to spawn in a specific location. I was hoping that they would always be oriented based on that dot location.

For instance if you don't move the dot at all they always spawn in the same place and are oriented the same way. Even if you chose the couch you could have them play on the floor in front of the couch, or behind the couch, etc.

I'm wondering if the dot in your animation wasn't just moved, but also rotated. I can see how that would cause an issue because the dot likely uses a global orientation. If you rotate it in blender then animate your sims, in game it would place it back in line with the global orientation which would put your character out of alignment.... Does that make sense?

EDIT: OH!!!! Also there is a 3ds mode for blender to give me the controls I'm used to!!!!! I kinda got used to the blender controls so I only switched a couple things instead! Left click to select, and middle mouse move the camera, while shift middle is turn. that's enough for me for now. Though I like the max method of selecting better....

From what I understand you just animate the object like it was a character. Then make a save for it just like you would for a male, female, extra, etc..

What I'm not sure about is if you keep the rig for the prop when you animate it. I remember someone saying something about it in this thread, but I can't recall the answer.

As for the larger breasts, ass, etc, your animation will only line up with what you specifically set it to. Each persons size choices will cause varying levels of clipping or missing. Oh if only we had fixed body types like Morrowind lol.

OH!!! and I keep looking for different ways to tweak things.

Newbie tip: If you made an animation that is too fast you can grab all the keys that are part of it, and hit "S" then stretch it out. Just remember to line up the first key where you wanted it after you are done. Everything else will be spread out evenly.

I've seen rigs for other purposes that would allow you to grab a bone and drag it to where you wanted it. The bones attached to it would be pulled along behind it. I can see there are IK limiters that can be added to the bones. This would allow one to force bones to behave as human bones behave. i.e. finger bones only bend one way and can't twist for instance.

Are we limited to specific bones that have to be in specific locations to make this work? I dunno...

My modding experience is limited to creating meshes, and vertex weighting aka skinning. The bodies, and bones and everything was done and had to match certain parameters. The games animations made the better bodies mod hands look like claws. I tried to tweak it to salve the issue, but there was only so much that could be done. I made a new body mesh, but never got to the implementation stage.

I ask because in some cases it would be easier to drag a bone to a point then to go to a half dozen other bones and turn them.

For those that are curious I'll attach a couple screen shots of my mesh. I had decided to tweak it to be close to the regular BB mod. I did so to make converting old clothing to the new body easier. But having done so made the mod kinda pointless so I scrapped it.

What sites do you folks use to host your images. Imgur is blocked, and photobucket is PISSING ME OFF!!!! with all it's ads. Not to mention, the links don't seem to display the images either....

post-1763930-0-55195600-1500602426_thumb.jpg

post-1763930-0-04299800-1500602442_thumb.jpg

post-1763930-0-09432000-1500602450_thumb.jpg

I was trying something just now, and I have to say... I was testing things in relation to moving the bones, because someone said to click the manipulate center point to allow you to move bones with the move tool instead of the rotate tool.... This made no sense to me, and had no real effect either.... BUT! I switched global to local on the transform tools.

This makes things work TONS better in my opinion. You can see the orientation of the bone easier. Especially fingers, which end up all kinds of twisted lol. Also, in local mode I seem to be able to adjust the forearm twist without mangling the arm. I'm not sure it will work well with all the bones, but I intend to test it.