The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

Guest Redabyss

This is a continuation of an old thread, opened by INKkan, which served mainly as a way to share progresses and ask for help for new animators.

While I'm at it, I'm trying for the third time to prepare animations, this time with more calm, even if it's going to take a while  :D

First question: how do I flip a rig so she faces the male?

EDIT: for future references, click the "master bone", then set your view from above the rigs, then you can rotate and flip the rig.

Guest Redabyss

I completed my animations, I added sound, but in game it happens a whole lot of nothing. Dunno what I'm doing wrong. If I try to swap animations, it says that there's an ID problem, dunno wtf that means though.

The animation name is ok if you are going to just use it as a test. Note that there however you must use a distinct name for the specific animation.

Another thing I have noticed is the clip names WW_Redabyss_Animationsx andWW_Redabyss_Animationsy . Do the clips in the package have the same name?

When I was fist starting to make them my animations, the animations did not work if I renamed them. So animators rename them. I just dont give much of a fuck what their name in package is as long as they work. 

Guest Redabyss

The animation name is ok if you are going to just use it as a test. Note that there however you must use a distinct name for the specific animation.

Another thing I have noticed is the clip names WW_Redabyss_Animationsx andWW_Redabyss_Animationsy . Do the clips in the package have the same name?

When I was fist starting to make them my animations, the animations did not work if I renamed them. So animators rename them. I just dont give much of a fuck what their name in package is as long as they work. 

Well I named everything WW_Redabyss_Animations being careful, the tutorial didn't specify much in that regard XD

Guest Redabyss

Would be great if someone could post a detailed guide for where to put names for Sim Studio, s4pe and XML, would be of great use. It keeps messing me up.

Sims 4 Studio? I dont change any names in Sims 4 studio. That thing is a menace when it comes to animations. I just import the clips, save the package and close it.

The name on your animation is the name you put in the STBL editor. in front of the name there is a number starting with "0x". That is the number you must put as animation display name in your XML.

Guest Redabyss

No I meant where exactly do I have to type the name of the animation I'm creating, and where I should put, like, WW_Redabyss_Animations or the name of the clip Sims4Studio assigned. 

Other questions: how do I import an object in Blender? And how do I unite together two animations in one package? Also, what's a good program to catch gifs for previews?

Plus, I have to take something in account with Lunar Eclipse's penis, when creating anims? Forgive me for the multiple questions XD

No I meant where exactly do I have to type the name of the animation I'm creating,

You type the name of your animation in the STBL editor and the export to all languages. The tutorial has that part in more detail.

and where I should put, like, WW_Redabyss_Animations

That goes at the top of the xml where n= is. It should look like Readabyss:WickedWhimsAnimations, or something like this

or the name of the clip Sims4Studio assigned.

Those are the clip names. they go in the xml where "Animation_name" is for actor 0, 1 etc.

Other questions: how do I import an object in Blender?

Export it from the studio, then open your Blender file go to File->Append. Blender files are like folders to blender, so open the file, go to Object subfolder and chose the object(s) you want to import. You can also find more details in the tutorials

And how do I unite together two animations in one package?

Everytime you create a new animation set you will be saving it in a new temporary file. You will open that file with S4PE, export the clips and clip headers, close that file, then open your animations package file with S4PE and import them.

Also, what's a good program to catch gifs for previews?

ScreenToGif is a decent one but you can find a variety by searching in Google.

Plus, I have to take something in account with Lunar Eclipse's penis, when creating anims?

No, it is almost identical to the normall penis and the strapon. It is slightly bent upwards but not enough to cause difference in animatio design.

Forgive me for the multiple questions XD

I forgive you.

Oh no i did not mean the package file for the mod, it's just that i keep all my animations in the same file. I mostly do it so the only thing that is different in their names is the last number. Easier to edit the XML that way :P But i get that you dont trust s4s haha.

No no, not the same blender file. Like, i put all my blender files into the same s4s package, so they all get the same name, except for the last digits. Then i export the latest file from that package, then i put them into the package with all the STBL and the XML.

Oh, yes. we do it the same way. Every new animation has a new package, in witch I import all the differect actors blender animations. So for the gloryhole vaginal animation, I made a new package with 2 clips in it. One for the male and one for the female and then exported them, to add to the main package.