May sound lame, but I must ask...

Azurahawk

I plan to develop a small team, min of two persons to create a project that I'm about to work on soon as SKSE hits SE. The question is, do voice actors/script writers charge anything or do they contribute for free when it comes to modding?

Thought to ask seeing this will be my first time developing a team. Usually I do my modding solo, but this one will require special attention this time. Not to mention, I'll be one of the voice actors in the mod, and will try and see what I can understand about papyrus writing.

I would imagine if it's among friends that get together , you guys would probably donate your time as it is a labor of love. However, a voice actor/script writer probably too busy to do mods voluntarily and would seek compensation, unless they are just looking for gigs to put on their resume. I would seek out the latter if you don't have the budget for it. 

Right now, I plan to do my first voice actor. I'll need a extra male and female. My objective is to create a mod called DovaHood, which is based on an extra addition to the vanilla lore story between dragonborn and alduin. To make it short, after the Dovahkin finds out the Greybeards summon them and go up to the summit to meet the Greybeards and receive their blessings, Dovahkin will then encounter a clad of three mighty warriors whom will serve them until alduins end. They don't really become followers; however, they can be assign to wait and such. More so companions I would say whom had a purpose of serving Dovahkin and have a personal relationship with them. Similar to what Serana's story background, from Dawnguard.

Each character will have a unique background about them. Dovahkin can be married to them after Alduin is defeated, same goes to using them as followers. Similar to Arissa and Sofia, the ranking of their relationship can increase depending on choices the Dovahkin chooses throughout their journey together, along with converesations that can occur.

There will be 3 characters. 2 that'll require two different voices.

So in a nut shell, almost a minor overhaul on the lore part. They'll never leave Dovahkins side, and to continue on certain aspects of the story, it'll require their presence. Reason I thought of this is because when we ALL went back in time to see the heroes face against Alduin for the first time, ever wondered if those warriors travel together and built relations to one another? Why is this Dovahkin different from them? I'm trying to make it more immerse, so the vanilla story doesn't become a bore, but more of a purpose and reason to exist.

My skillsets are: Character creation, writing, and some coding.

Archived