FNIS PCEA 2 Installation Problem

Hi,

I am having trouble with FNIS PCEA2. I use MO but also sometimes manually install (animation) mods as I was unable to get FNIS to work properly with MO. Not a big deal so far, all animations are working like a charm and I cannot complain. However, I want to change animations in game (my pc should crawl) so I wanted to install FNIS PCEA2. Problem is, I manually installed it but FNIS (also manually installed) does not read it. I get the .esp to be activateable but it says "ERROR when starting FNIS" in the MO. I tried everything. Uninstalling FNIS PCEA2, installing it trough MO, reinstallation, I cannot get it to work. Please help me or maybe recommend a mod that lets me choose the animations in game or let me know how to get her to permanently crawl. Thank you!

If using FNIS and MO, read (and follow) the STEP instructions for installing and running FNIS through MO.  It's the STEP link in my signature.  By following the instructions there, I have never had any issues with FNIS or FNIS-related mods (I use PCEA2 as well).

Thank you! That worked well except for FNIS PCEA2, FNIS is just not reading it. Any ideas?

Thank you! That worked well except for FNIS PCEA2, FNIS is just not reading it. Any ideas?

Not really.  I mean, it's the same as installing any other mod through Mod Organizer.  There are no special instructions for it unless you are adding/removing animations to what comes with it (I wouldn't do that just yet, just try using the default animations and see if it works for you, then follow the instructions for adding or removing animations for PCEA2).  The only thing you might try doing is moving PCEA2 in relation to FNIS in the left pane of MO.   If PCEA2 is above FNIS, try moving it below.  If not, move it above.  Unfortunately I'm not at home right know so I can't see where I have them in my load/install order.  Also, make sure you do NOT check the PCEA checkbox in the FNIS Generator (that is for the old version of PCEA, not the newer PCEA2).

Not really.  I mean, it's the same as installing any other mod through Mod Organizer.  There are no special instructions for it unless you are adding/removing animations to what comes with it (I wouldn't do that just yet, just try using the default animations and see if it works for you, then follow the instructions for adding or removing animations for PCEA2).  The only thing you might try doing is moving PCEA2 in relation to FNIS in the left pane of MO.   If PCEA2 is above FNIS, try moving it below.  If not, move it above.  Unfortunately I'm not at home right know so I can't see where I have them in my load/install order.  Also, make sure you do NOT check the PCEA checkbox in the FNIS Generator (that is for the old version of PCEA, not the newer PCEA2).

Just uninstalled everything and reinstalled using STEP. Works like a charm! Thank you bro!

Archived