Tri Morphs

I'm currently using Blender 2.49b to try and create a set of tri morphs for a set of wings that I've added to the game. My problem is that while in blender they work fine, in game causes severe distortion.

Blender:

Closed

9478fc238d.png

Open

f406a9b45d.png

In game:

Closed

LE7AeqN.jpg

Open

0mjOBE9.jpg

Any way to "fix" this issue?

I would like to know about this as well. In my case I was creating morphs for Skyrim, but the result was somewhat similar: the morphs would be distorted and nothing like the actual shape inside the .tri, either by being way less strong than expected (so barely noticeable) or by just going all over the place. It seems the issue may be similar, so I want to know if there is any info on this.

I've been encountering this issue as well.  I've created a female deathclaw companion that's an original mesh of my own design.  I've created face morphs for her in Blender and attempted to import them into the game several different ways, but to no avail.  I can see when it uses the morphs to make her blink, but instead it makes random vertices in the jaw tend to jut out for a moment.

I've been encountering this issue as well.  I've created a female deathclaw companion that's an original mesh of my own design.  I've created face morphs for her in Blender and attempted to import them into the game several different ways, but to no avail.  I can see when it uses the morphs to make her blink, but instead it makes random vertices in the jaw tend to jut out for a moment.

Wrong vertices being affected by the morphs sounds like a vertex order mismatch between head mesh and .tri file to me, though it may be something else. Are you sure you didn't do anything that could alter the order? Did you make sure to import the head mesh with the "Keep Vertex Order" option toggled on?

Also, while I don't own Fallout 4 yet, that custom Deathclaw compation sure does sound interesting. Could you share some info about it? Just curious  :shy:.

Wrong vertices being affected by the morphs sounds like a vertex order mismatch between head mesh and .tri file to me, though it may be something else. Are you sure you didn't do anything that could alter the order? Did you make sure to import the head mesh with the "Keep Vertex Order" option toggled on?

Also, while I don't own Fallout 4 yet, that custom Deathclaw compation sure does sound interesting. Could you share some info about it? Just curious  :shy:.

Well that's the thing...  I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing, because there's very little documentation on forums such as Nexus for this particular topic.  I understand the general concept of it, but there could be any number of things that I'm doing wrong, such as the naming conventions of the morphs, the scale/orientation of them...  it's really hard for me to say.

I tried the Blender plugin that can import and export .tri files, and then I've also tried the stand-alone console program.  Both can successfully extract .tri files, but they use different orientations, it seems.  I imported the default human male face morphs and used the same naming conventions for my character's face.  There's just something I'm missing.

And yes, I would love to show off more of the character.  She's a deathclaw/human hybrid, and she'll have her own personality and backstory through her quest.  I've created a devlog for her on my Tumblr, which is http://dalus.tumblr.com

Please note that her textures aren't finalized.  I'm still working on pretty much all aspects of her.

post-1473359-0-11642100-1485031408_thumb.jpg

post-1473359-0-92210900-1485031408_thumb.jpg

post-1473359-0-89559900-1485031409_thumb.jpg

Well that's the thing...  I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing, because there's very little documentation on forums such as Nexus for this particular topic.  I understand the general concept of it, but there could be any number of things that I'm doing wrong, such as the naming conventions of the morphs, the scale/orientation of them...  it's really hard for me to say.

I tried the Blender plugin that can import and export .tri files, and then I've also tried the stand-alone console program.  Both can successfully extract .tri files, but they use different orientations, it seems.  I imported the default human male face morphs and used the same naming conventions for my character's face.  There's just something I'm missing.

And yes, I would love to show off more of the character.  She's a deathclaw/human hybrid, and she'll have her own personality and backstory through her quest.  I've created a devlog for her on my Tumblr, which is http://dalus.tumblr.com

Please note that her textures aren't finalized.  I'm still working on pretty much all aspects of her.

Well, on the topic of morphs and .tri files, there's this: .TRI Facial Animation FaceGen Creation Tutorial. The description even states it should work with fallout 4, so you may want to take a look at it if you haven't done so yet. That's all I have to offer, though; I'm not an expert on this myself either.

Now, it may be a bit off-topic, but damn, your character looks awesome! Really nice work so far, from what I can see on your devlog and pics. This is the kind of stuff that makes me seriously consider getting Fallout 4 for the PC :lol:. Already own it for the PS4, but the vanilla game only lasted me for a single playthrough, lol. Fortunately, mods can change that. Looking forward to seeing this done, whenever that happens.

BTW, I'd say you should let people here in LL's Fallout section know about your mod. I'm sure if you post a WIP thread about it in one of the main sub-forums you will get plenty of support and encouragement. Nevertheless, I'll make sure to track your blog from time to time  :D. Kudos to you!

Well, on the topic of morphs and .tri files, there's this: .TRI Facial Animation FaceGen Creation Tutorial. The description even states it should work with fallout 4, so you may want to take a look at it if you haven't done so yet. That's all I have to offer, though; I'm not an expert on this myself either.

Now, it may be a bit off-topic, but damn, your character looks awesome! Really nice work so far, from what I can see on your devlog and pics. This is the kind of stuff that makes me seriously consider getting Fallout 4 for the PC :lol:. Already own it for the PS4, but the vanilla game only lasted me for a single playthrough, lol. Fortunately, mods can change that. Looking forward to seeing this done, whenever that happens.

BTW, I'd say you should let people here in LL's Fallout section know about your mod. I'm sure if you post a WIP thread about it in one of the main sub-forums you will get plenty of support and encouragement. Nevertheless, I'll make sure to track your blog from time to time  :D. Kudos to you!

Wow, how did I miss that tutorial?  I had been looking at a different one.  I'm gonna check this out and see if I can get everything correctly imported today.  Assuming this works, it'll be a huge burden lifted from my shoulders.

And I really appreciate the compliments about my character mod.  I'm always a little bit reluctant to start posting things, since I'm very critical of my own work and I tend to concentrate on the unfinished aspects of it.  I don't even know how many hours I've put into making the character, at this point.  It's been several months since I started it, but I'm working as fast as I can to get it polished and released. 

I'll make a thread on the mod soon.  As I said earlier, she'll have her own starting area and a small quest that will lead to recruiting her as a companion.  Ideally I would like for her to have several outfit options from the start, including both existing outfits as well as original ones designed specifically for her.  It's my goal to get her integrated as seamlessly as possible into the game, both visually and in terms of the game's lore.

Thanks again!  :D

Wow, how did I miss that tutorial?  I had been looking at a different one.  I'm gonna check this out and see if I can get everything correctly imported today.  Assuming this works, it'll be a huge burden lifted from my shoulders.

And I really appreciate the compliments about my character mod.  I'm always a little bit reluctant to start posting things, since I'm very critical of my own work and I tend to concentrate on the unfinished aspects of it.  I don't even know how many hours I've put into making the character, at this point.  It's been several months since I started it, but I'm working as fast as I can to get it polished and released. 

I'll make a thread on the mod soon.  As I said earlier, she'll have her own starting area and a small quest that will lead to recruiting her as a companion.  Ideally I would like for her to have several outfit options from the start, including both existing outfits as well as original ones designed specifically for her.  It's my goal to get her integrated as seamlessly as possible into the game, both visually and in terms of the game's lore.

Thanks again!  :D

You are more than welcome. Really happy to have helped, specially considering the mod at hand  :lol:. Please do keep up the good work!

I'll make sure to keep an eye out for your thread whenever you decide to post it. Also don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it. I probably won't be able to help with most stuff myself because as I said I don't own FO4 for the PC yet, but I'm sure there's plenty of people in the forums willing to help you as well.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/23/2017 at 10:14 PM, D C said:

Is this mod dead?

If you mean the derailed thread, I haven't a clue. If you mean my original problem, then no, it isn't dead. And no, I haven't found a solution to it. Not that I've been trying to, of course.

Sorry if it seemed as though it were. I end up taking month breaks from here, sometimes longer.

Archived